City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game will be a very tight game, it will not be a whitewash as most city fans think going by Chelsea's last 6 game we've scored 11 conceded just 1,shows a very disciplined team defensively that can also score

The_Mo said:
waspish said:
The_Mo said:
If anyone thinks we are going to trounce Chelsea and walk all over them, then their in for a bit of a shock. Chelsea are masters at grinding out results against top european teams. Even Barcelona couldn't beat them when Chelsea were in Camp Nou and down to 10 men.

Agree.. The way they defended and grinded out that result against West Ham was site to be seen awesome stuff ;)
They decided to settle for a draw as they approached 90 minuets. IMO it was better to just get the draw rather than risk being hit on the counter and end up with no points. Your saying it like they came out looking for a draw. Also, this is the same West Ham team that held Liverpool too.

-- Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:07 pm --

jimharri said:
The_Mo said:
Mourinho then said that he would have done exactly the same thing if he was in Allardyce's shoes. Mentioned it on BT Sport i think yesterday.
So why make the 19th Century dig? It wasn't necessary, and was just a cheap shot at a fellow manager (and I'm no fan of BFS's ''hoofball'').
To take the focus off the team. All the headlines were about his remarks.
Newsflash...we all saw through it..as did Pellegrini. Pellegrini has also seen through moaninio's pre match bluster and consequently so have our players.

It wont make the slightest bit of difference as to how we'll approach this match or even how we perceive you as a football club.

The total sum effect of all the showboating is to show that maureen is a bit of a tit.

Danish Blue said:
If the per match banter is anything to go by its going to be a cracker, can't remember so many opposing fans in a per match thread.

I hope they do press the defence with their "front 4", never seen Chelsea play with a front 4 but it would be interesting as it would become a game of basketball rather like the Arsenal game which would favour City with or without Aguero.

What would concern me more, and what I believe is a more likely scenario is a spoiling game from Chelsea with David Luiz trying to kick Silva off the pitch, hope the referee is up to the job. If he is Chelsea will be in for a tough evening as there top defence will experience something that other top defenses have this season when visiting City, the movement up front will drag them all over the place and at some point they will lose shape and get over run. I expect Kolarov, Navas and Zabaleta to drag them out wide which counteracts the narrow spoiling game and opens up space for Silva Yaya and Negredo.

Looking forward to it and will be buying yellow and red cards, what is Dean's record on cards this season? Ill be surprised if there isn't at least one red and has the potential for a card fest.

The reason there are so many Chelsea fans posting is because one of our resident Chelsea fans posted a link to this thread on their main forum which is called Shed End, to be fair it's quite a dull forum in comparison to this one so you can't blame them for coming on here, I got banned for just being a City fan (nothing underhand) a few years back which shows you what type of place it is

Ducado said:
Danish Blue said:
If the per match banter is anything to go by its going to be a cracker, can't remember so many opposing fans in a per match thread.

I hope they do press the defence with their "front 4", never seen Chelsea play with a front 4 but it would be interesting as it would become a game of basketball rather like the Arsenal game which would favour City with or without Aguero.

What would concern me more, and what I believe is a more likely scenario is a spoiling game from Chelsea with David Luiz trying to kick Silva off the pitch, hope the referee is up to the job. If he is Chelsea will be in for a tough evening as there top defence will experience something that other top defenses have this season when visiting City, the movement up front will drag them all over the place and at some point they will lose shape and get over run. I expect Kolarov, Navas and Zabaleta to drag them out wide which counteracts the narrow spoiling game and opens up space for Silva Yaya and Negredo.

Looking forward to it and will be buying yellow and red cards, what is Dean's record on cards this season? Ill be surprised if there isn't at least one red and has the potential for a card fest.

The reason there are so many Chelsea fans posting is because one of our resident Chelsea fans posted a link to this thread on their main forum which is called Shed End, to be fair it's quite a dull forum in comparison to this one so you can't blame them for coming on here, I got banned for just being a City fan (nothing underhand) a few years back which shows you what type of place it is

Well none of that comes as a surprise fella..

In Financial Fair Play, there are two recent "Monitoring Periods" that losses are calculated over.

MP1 is the first implementation of FFP and looks at financial results from 2011/12 season and 2012/13 season.
MP2 is the second period and stretches to 3 years and looks at 2011/12 season, 2012/13 season and 2013/14 season.

As UEFA announced this, they also let clubs "get ready" for FFP in a number of ways. One of those ways was to include something called the "June 2010 wage exemption". This was a clause that stated that if your losses added up over the whole Monitoring Period were greater than a £37m loss, you could ignore the wages for contracts signed before June 2010 in your 2011/12 accounts. Note that 2011/12 season accounts are in both the first Monitoring Period and the second Monitoring Period. However they added a cavaet to this that said that you can only use this wage exemption if you were moving towards profitability.

To City's FFP calculations, this is worth around £80m give or take. As our losses for the 2011/12 season were £100m and the losses in the 2012/13 season were £50m, we are obviously moving towards profitability so can use this exemption that sees us pass Monitoring Period 1.

Chelsea in 2011/12 made around £2m then in 2012/13 lost £50m. This is a slide of £50m away from profitability so they are NOT allowed to use the same wage exemption. However as you can discount certain spending, a £48m loss will easily be discounted to under £37m so they will pass Monitoring Period 1.

In 2012/13, Chelsea finished in third place only 3 points above a Europa League spot. They knew that in this past summer they had to spend money to keep up and between it and January have spent ~£110m. I'll remind you that Chelsea are a club that once looked like they were out of the CL in January so spent £75m to keep themselves in it.

The smart people amongst you might have seen the problem there:

For Monitoring Period 2 so far, they have

Code:
1:  £2m profit 
2.  £50m loss
3.  £50m loss basic plus £110m of spending

Now the TV deal will negate some of that loss but not enough. This is why that wage exemption mentioned earlier that City can use is so important. They have to break even this financial year, and it ends on May 31st the day before the summer transfer window opens so a summer clearout is off the cards.

Mata was sold, and sold in January, because he was a very high value asset and Chelsea are fucked for MP2 at the moment. Nobody in their right mind would suggest that Chelsea have purposely and significantly weakened their squad depth and quality for reasons of "well he deserves to play" or "he won't play every game". That is naive insanity.

malg said:
Hello to the Chelsea lads on here.

Can I ask you honest opinions on the following (I did ask one of you earlier but I can't see a reply):

1. How do you feel about selling Mata (your most creative passer) to the Filth?
2. How do you feel about the rather pragmatic style of football you are playing?
3. Are you OK with Mourinho's 'mind games' or would you sometimes wish he'd give it a rest?

1. I said in pre-season that Mourinho would favour Oscar over Mata as Mata just isn't a Mourinho player, so it has been clear for a long time now that Mata had no future at Chelsea, I was fine with us selling Mata as he just couldn't adapt to what Mourinho wanted, I would have preferred we not sold him to them, but i dont think we had any other options, they gave us almost £40 Million for a player who couldn't get into our first XI and they wont make top 4 this season, so that makes it easier to accept.

2. I personally prefer it, we have experienced something similar to what you are experiencing now in 09/10 season under Ancelotti, where we were putting 7 or 8 goals past teams, that was great to watch, but for me i have always preferred how we played in 04/05 where we were just so solid defensively and so deadly on the counter, teams would play against us just hoping to at least have a few good chances to score let alone win the game! and that is the type of team Mourinho is building for us now, i think next season we could be playing similar to our 04/05 team orthe Bayern team from last season, i am not saying we will be as good as those teams, we will see next season, so i am ok with how we are playing now as its a transition year for us, our team has changed its style from last season and Jose is still in the process of building the team he wants, next season we will see the end results.

3. I am fine with them mind games, we are used to it, and we are used to everyone hating us and Mourinho!

carefree said:
...I am fine with them mind games, we are used to it, and we are used to everyone hating us and Mourinho!
And what about the blatant hypocrisy from Maureen re. ''19th century football''? Are you happy that he just comes across as a classless prick who should really limit his comments to his own side, rather than bless us with his insights into other sides?

jimharri said:
carefree said:
...I am fine with them mind games, we are used to it, and we are used to everyone hating us and Mourinho!
And what about the blatant hypocrisy from Maureen re. ''19th century football''? Are you happy that he just comes across as a classless prick who should really limit his comments to his own side, rather than bless us with his insights into other sides?

To be honest I love mourinho he brings entertainment and amusement to football. How much happier are we now that we are banging in all these goals? Football should be entertaining whether it be on the pitch or news conference. Sunday supplement this morning was very entertaining because I thought Henry might just throw a punch. We have lots to smile about this season take Jose for what he is - entertaining !

I can't wait to shut that hypocritical shit talking **** up,can't fuckin stand him as much as fergie and wenger at the moment.

Thenumber1blue said:
I can't wait to shut that hypocritical shit talking **** up,can't fuckin stand him as much as fergie and wenger at the moment.
Only this... If we beat them tomorrow it will be the most satisfying win of the season for me, even eclipsing the 4-1 against the rags. That guy is just a cock who thinks the world revolves around him. Got his arse handed to him on a plate in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.