City Vs Everton Post Game Discussion thread

Darker shade of Blue said:
Congratulations.

No real complaints today, although the scoreline flatters the game a touch.

I thought the difference between the 2 teams was in attack. Everton had no attacking option to speak of.

City had a little luck with the first goal, after a deflection, and the 2nd goal was a bad mistake by Drenthe followed by a beautiful pass by Silva. They had other chances to score though, so it wasn't unexpected when it happened, despite great defending from Everton.

I thought the referee didn't give Everton much today, and we were actually on top until the Barry / Cahill challenge, which was given to Barry for some strange reason.

That was a turning point for me, and City gained composure from then on in. For a fair play team like ours to get 5 or 6 bookings was crazy, especially when the game was played in good spirits.

Not sure if Kompany should have been allowed that challenge. A foot up is a foot up, and no need for his foot to go down in such a way. Bit of a talking point that one, especially as it saw Cahills game end, and once again us getting the card.

The match itself was a bit of a battle, and not particularly entertaining, but it's fair play to City for hanging in there and showing they can roll their sleeves up a little better than they have done in the past.

Overall I think City edged it and deserved the win, though I actually think your best player by far today was Micah Richards, who broke up our play early on and kept you solid at the back.

Had we a bit more attacking options it could have been a different story, but I felt we had nobody to pass it too and hold it up throughout. A few free kick chances around the box might have given Baines a good opportunity, but the ref gave us neither, so that was that.

I think Mancini deserves credit today with his substitutions.

Anyway, well done, and good luck for the season.
Cheers. The scoreline does not do it justice as you quite rightly point out. You should have all been sent off for time wasting after 10 minutes. Tim Howard is the bnew Jaskelainnnn (I'll never spell that right).

We did have a bit of luck with the first goal. When we scored it I turned to my mate and said, "We're lucky all our players have both their legs."

The referee gave you fuck all apart from about 8 minutes of letting Tourettes-kid to take each goal kick (he's still at Eastlands now taking a goal kick).

Best of luck for the rest of your season.

standupefc said:
TBH City deserved to win. I don't think you played poorly I just think you found it hard to break our defence down. Moyes set up our team to try and get a 0 0 draw, he didn't seem to anticipate Everton would actually have to go anywhere near Citys penalty box. We didn't even create a chance in the game, which is unforgivable. Moyes 4 6 0 formation just simply didn't work, it was obvious you were going to break the deadlock. City have outplayed most teams this season today you faced an opposition with no intention of playing. If you'd beat us 4 0 and totally outplayed us I woudn't of been bothered, the fact is all we did is hoof the ball around and give the ball away. Even after the first goal we made no attempt at trying to get an equalizer, Moyes was more interested in keeping it at 1 0. We just simply have no idea how to attack anymore, not once did we threaten your goal. Our system probably would have worked if we'd had a decent striker like Napoli do to test your defenders. I think most City fans probably understand why our fans are miserable and bitter when w ehave to watch this shite every week. All in all I think City were the better side and the only side on the pitch for most of the 90 minutes. Moyes plays anti football, none of our players can do anyhting except pass the ball sideways or just hoof it.

What? An opponent supporter who makes sense. :) But to be honest, Everton wasnt as bad as you made it to be, and it was far from evident that we were going to break the deadlock. 0 0 would have been a result for you. But you are right, Everton didn't look that threatening and you might find it hard to score as I don't see that many threats Everton can pose.

Re: Samir Nasri

de niro said:
i'm "a little concerned" about our fans expectancy levels.

give the lad some time ffs.

Fucking hell, forget it.

I'm a little concerned isn't exactly me executing him. I'm simply asking what others thing and saying so far I think he's been a little quiet. This place gets more judgmental and 'high-horse' every day.

I'm a better fan than you because I gave Samaras 2 years to impress me.

balkanno said:
SWP's back said:
SebastianBlue said:
Our strike force still goes...

1. Agüero
2. Dzeko
3. Tevez/Balotelli
4. Nimely
5. Scapuzzi

Balotelli played pretty well, but so did Dzeko. Balo got on the score sheet from a well taken deflected strike, I don't think that and a goal against a Championship club is enough to unseat Dzeko.

The real and reasonable argument at this point would be who is better: Tevez or Balo?

In your opinion. You forgot to say that.

Thats most likely IT. I agree with him, because Aguero & Dzeko ave proved they are top arrounders who can score from every position. I m not saying Balo can t, but hes Powershot is the weapon while, those two to use their both foots. This is a very speculative point we re talking here, on one day Balo will make 5 fantastic shots and let the goal keeper look like a prick nd on the other day Dzeko will score 4 goals with left, right, head and from distance. I mean you can t tell who s the better finisher. Nd you can t compare the training with a real game. Tho Balo defo has hes own style.

That's why I said I am thrilled to have all 3 of them.

Dzeko looked tired and sloppy, same as last game. Think he needs a rest after that International week.

Balotelli deserves a chance in the first team in my opinion.

Good win.

Seems some City fans always need something to either moan or worry about.

Ridiculous, but what can you do?

Nasri is brilliant and doing fine in a new team.

standupefc said:
TBH City deserved to win. I don't think you played poorly I just think you found it hard to break our defence down. Moyes set up our team to try and get a 0 0 draw, he didn't seem to anticipate Everton would actually have to go anywhere near Citys penalty box. We didn't even create a chance in the game, which is unforgivable. Moyes 4 6 0 formation just simply didn't work, it was obvious you were going to break the deadlock. City have outplayed most teams this season today you faced an opposition with no intention of playing. If you'd beat us 4 0 and totally outplayed us I woudn't of been bothered, the fact is all we did is hoof the ball around and give the ball away. Even after the first goal we made no attempt at trying to get an equalizer, Moyes was more interested in keeping it at 1 0. We just simply have no idea how to attack anymore, not once did we threaten your goal. Our system probably would have worked if we'd had a decent striker like Napoli do to test your defenders. I think most City fans probably understand why our fans are miserable and bitter when w ehave to watch this shite every week. All in all I think City were the better side and the only side on the pitch for most of the 90 minutes. Moyes plays anti football, none of our players can do anyhting except pass the ball sideways or just hoof it.

What I just dont understand is why he would choose to play like this in Evertons 5th game of the season. If you were on 30 points with 8 games to go I could maybe see the logic but at this stage of the season there is just no need. If I was one of the 2800 everton fans today having paid good money to watch that I would be fuming.

Everton have a good record against us and when they have gone for it, more often than not it has led to something. I watched the highlights of the Blackburn game where you were extremely lucky to win and he did the same there.

In MY opinion, I think he has settled quite well, he has shown flashes of brilliance, could have easilly had a goal today had it not been for Tim Howard's decent save, I wonder if this thread would still have been posted if it had gone in?

I don't know how or why he was awarded MOTM today but I think once he fully settles and we find his best position and he develops his understanding of the players around him he will look a lot better.

Give him time and he will come good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.