City Vs Everton Post Game Discussion thread

Pics from today's game:
<a class="postlink" href="http://manc.it/nhD4Qp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://manc.it/nhD4Qp</a>

Good job, well done

Christ, they were shit.

Took turns on Silva, but a monkey off our back

Shit club, shit fans and............ god they're shit

Can I chime in.

Just got back and...

Time wasting from minute 1. Tackles from behind all game, Silva taken out miles away from the ball from the ex rag. 'Elbows' Toilet Brush doing his usual.

A full man marking job. Something I've not seen since schoolboy times.

No striker.

People can't call Stoke after watching that.

The total antithesis of the game.

Moyes? Well,

Just fuck off.

Justice done.

What exactly was Vincent supposed to have done apart from take Cahills tackle from behind?

nwanda said:
Just back from the game and they are the dirtiest team I have seen for while. Horrible team, horrible manager and horrible fans. I hope the dirty cheating so and so's get relegated

-- Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:17 pm --

Just back from the game and they are the dirtiest team I have seen for while. Horrible team, horrible manager and horrible fans. I hope the dirty cheating so and so's get relegated

I can't remember a team coming to the Etihad/CoMS and targetting individual opposition players with the intention of roughing them up. Every challenge is a niggle, ankle tap, scrape up the achilles. Silva copped for the kind of stuff that MANUre used to dole out to SWP.

"He's their main man. Stop David Silva and yer stop their team. Phil make sure that every run by Silva ends up with the wee magician on the grass. Rodders you track him, kick him, until yer get a booking and then Phil'll take over. Tim, boy, just be careful with your niggles, yer can end up getting crocked yerself, and we haven't a striker to scratch our scouse arses to start with!" "Right, boss, I'll get it sorted. Is Howie Webb on board, we are playing in royal blue. He might lob out few cards!"

fy6blue said:
What exactly was Vincent supposed to have done apart from take Cahills tackle from behind?

Exactly.

When Moyes whinged on about wanting the referees to watch the video again I actually said out loud (girlfriend sitting right beside with my dog jumping off my lap as I rose up) "I wanted them to as well. If they did Cahill would have been sent off."

If we were a bitter side we could easily send clips to FA for further review regarding "Clear Intent to Injure".

Thankfully Roberto and our beloved club have more class than that.

Re: Samir Nasri

adrianr said:
I think Nasri's problem here will be exactly the same at Arsenal, he has someone else in the team vastly superior to him wanting to play in the middle. Fab at Arsenal, Silva here. I know we don't operate a strict anyone in the middle system, and obviously it worked immensely well against Spurs, but we need another plan for games like Fulham and Everton.

Blinding debut, but I'll be happy when he does what he never did at Arsenal (that I can remember) and dig in when the going gets tough and not bottle it. Plenty was said on here about putting him beside people like Kompany and De Jong and watch him grow a pair but I'm yet to see it. He'll be amazing when we're on-top, but plenty of players are like that. To win titles and champions leagues you need players who can keep their cool and see out the times it's not going our way. Hope he can do it because he's very likable as a player :)

It did seem like we were playing 4-2-4 against their 4-5-1 for a lot of the game. We looked a bit stretched and outnumbered in midfield. The front 4 were great at Spurs but I'm not sure that its the way to go against teams that park the bus.

Re: Good job, well done

How any body could go on about MCFC last season with some of our performances re the lack of entertainment, and then get to watch the mighty adventurous EFC this afternoon and not have 'em top of the league for anti-football. I can understand them, 'cos they had nothing up front. Corners, free kicks were gonna be their only way to a point, providing Webb got things sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.