City Vs Everton Post Game Discussion thread

Someone mentioned a few posts back that Silva destroyed them in the last 20 mins, absolutely and why?

Because all the Everscum players that had been near him had been booked and they had no one left to foul him!

Son of Neville Neville and Brother of the Goat Feeder should have had a red too, straight after his booking he handled delibrately.

As for Cahill and Vinnie, it's bad enough when Arsene Winger says he doesn't see things, Gollum sees things but completely differently to what happened even after he says he's seen the replay!

I don't want them to get relegated, just turn them over twice a season forever and a day!

Yaya opinions today people?

He was hopeless when Everton had the ball, much like the early stages of last season. I hope he builds it up again like last year.

Re: Samir Nasri

cibaman said:
adrianr said:
I think Nasri's problem here will be exactly the same at Arsenal, he has someone else in the team vastly superior to him wanting to play in the middle. Fab at Arsenal, Silva here. I know we don't operate a strict anyone in the middle system, and obviously it worked immensely well against Spurs, but we need another plan for games like Fulham and Everton.

Blinding debut, but I'll be happy when he does what he never did at Arsenal (that I can remember) and dig in when the going gets tough and not bottle it. Plenty was said on here about putting him beside people like Kompany and De Jong and watch him grow a pair but I'm yet to see it. He'll be amazing when we're on-top, but plenty of players are like that. To win titles and champions leagues you need players who can keep their cool and see out the times it's not going our way. Hope he can do it because he's very likable as a player :)

It did seem like we were playing 4-2-4 against their 4-5-1 for a lot of the game. We looked a bit stretched and outnumbered in midfield. The front 4 were great at Spurs but I'm not sure that its the way to go against teams that park the bus.

I imagine something like this might have been a bit more effective:

------------------ Hart -------------------
--------- Kompany -- Lescott -----------
Richards -------------------------- Clichy
---------------- de Jong -----------------
------- Milner -------------- Yaya -------
------------------ Silva ------------------
---------- Dzeko -------------------------
----------------------- Agüero -----------

But that would have required de Jong so I think Roberto played the best available squad and made great substitutions when he perceived their weaknesses.

standupifyouhatemanu said:
Someone mentioned a few posts back that Silva destroyed them in the last 20 mins, absolutely and why?

Because all the Everscum players that had been near him had been booked and they had no one left to foul him!
You can't man-mark big dave. You'll get sent off eventually.

I have not seen anyone man-marked for about 10 years. To be fair, apart from the dirty challenge or two by Rodwell, he (Rodwell) did do well. Never worked in the end though. Like I say, you can't man mark big dave.

Re: Samir Nasri

SebastianBlue said:
cibaman said:
adrianr said:
I think Nasri's problem here will be exactly the same at Arsenal, he has someone else in the team vastly superior to him wanting to play in the middle. Fab at Arsenal, Silva here. I know we don't operate a strict anyone in the middle system, and obviously it worked immensely well against Spurs, but we need another plan for games like Fulham and Everton.

Blinding debut, but I'll be happy when he does what he never did at Arsenal (that I can remember) and dig in when the going gets tough and not bottle it. Plenty was said on here about putting him beside people like Kompany and De Jong and watch him grow a pair but I'm yet to see it. He'll be amazing when we're on-top, but plenty of players are like that. To win titles and champions leagues you need players who can keep their cool and see out the times it's not going our way. Hope he can do it because he's very likable as a player :)

It did seem like we were playing 4-2-4 against their 4-5-1 for a lot of the game. We looked a bit stretched and outnumbered in midfield. The front 4 were great at Spurs but I'm not sure that its the way to go against teams that park the bus.

I imagine something like this might have been a bit more effective:

------------------ Hart -------------------
--------- Kompany -- Lescott -----------
Richards -------------------------- Clichy
---------------- de Jong -----------------
------- Milner -------------- Yaya -------
------------------ Silva ------------------
---------- Dzeko -------------------------
----------------------- Agüero -----------

But that would have required de Jong so I think Roberto played the best available squad and made great substitutions when he perceived their weaknesses.
Yeah, I thought that, posted it earlier. De Jong would have allowed Yaya to really get forward in advanced areas where we know he can slip the through balls that Silva wasn't able to until the end of the match (b/c he was marked ofc). We know this very well, as Yaya played AM last year and was our best player imo last time we played Everton.

I really agree with you about Milner as it would have given us (along with Yaya) the directness we could have used to really exploit (or try to) the bus parking.

I think we can all agree on one thing - we all have our favorite players and we pull for them no matter what.

But sometimes you just have to take a step back.

Case 1: Balo for Dzeko argument. Dzeko is having a very, very good stretch right now, while Balo scored for the first time after 8 games in the Prem. And now suddenly he should replace Dzeko...

Just use common sense sometimes. That's like last spring when Dzeko struggled - he scored a game winner against Blackburn off the bench - so, he should have replaced Tevez, right?? Riiiiight...

Balo homers should just be patient, like Dzeko's homers had to be last year...his time will come, but it just isnt YET. Case closed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.