City Vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kanovic said:
bobbyowenquiff said:
Eaglechief said:
Saw the press conference earlier today, and I must admit I got the feeling Pelligrini was being complacent about our home games.

I got the impression he thought we didn't need to change anything for our home matches because we've won them all (except against BM of course).

This is a worry for me, it feels like we're going to play the same formation come hell or high water, in which case Everton wll overrun our midfield, so this game could be even more difficult than usual, due to our manager's stubborness.

If Pellegrini plays 442 again we will lose. It is an outdated formation which is not played by any leading teams in Europe. I am baffled by his tactics. For me we would have won at Cardiff and Villa if he had strengthened our midfield when we were leading in both games. The players looked confused against Bayern. Playing with two up front only works against much weaker teams.
I believe that Athletic Madrid okay a 442 and they are doing outstanding. I could be wrong though.

they tried 4-4-1-1 v Porto and took Villa off at half-time I believe to make it more a 4-5-1 and dominated the 2nd half after hardly having a kick in the first.

Re: Worried?

Not worried. I still think that that with a new manager it takes time to gel. I don't really think we will win the league but to be honeslt this year will IMO be very very close who wins maybe within 3points or so. I do see is top 3 and with a new manager and new players coming in to me that's good for now. In the champions league I think we will go to the knockout stages but can't say how far. So it won't be a lot of trophies this year but u don't think it will be a complete shit year either. No matter what happen CTID!!!

You can never quite be sure with City , and after two defeats and six goals conceded we need to get back on track ..... the worrying thing is that pre-season we hardly looked convincing , and so far in the league we've only performed in the odd game.

We look jaded , we look disjointed , and it's worrying ...... Pellegrini has it all to do , but he's only as good as the players he trusts.

simonk said:
Before this may get merged with another bigger thread, Im wondering if you feel the same?
Im not arsed reading threads that go on. so hopefully this gets its own space.
Other than utd games, that do and will always worry me, and after their last no show, I dont know why, Ive had total belief that we will win at home.
Today Im not sure. I dont know anyone can be. But my point is, that this is now a strange feeling of apprehension that we may loose at home,
These were always the team that did us, and look at them now!
Strange times. Especially for people that after 25 years of disappointment, have got used to a home banker.
IPWT
Loose what;
Talk?
Women?
Cannon?

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.