City Vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ifiwasarichfan said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Fucking hell, the way some people are talking here, you'd think we were playing the second best team to Bayern.
Sure we don't have a great record (mainly away) to Everton, but they've never stuffed us. They have parked the bus,
got away with it, and then scored from mainly set pieces. Baines has NEVER ripped us apart, so I can't see it happening
now. Sure we need to keep an eye on Lukaku but we've sorted him at WBA.

I think we are a better side this season, and home form (Hull apart) has been good. Early days but signs of great
attacking play.

I think the pessimism is down to Bayern result, but the Premier is totally different. Think comprehensive
win and great game to watch.

As far as we are concerned they are the second best team to Bayern! - I would rather go and face Barca at the Nou Camp.

We will lose tomorrow. Its almost as if its the Law !

They are the proverbial bogey team. If we somehow manage to get three points later today I am going to finish the Champagne I have left from when Thatcher died.

ah yes, it brings back such fond memories!!

anyway, if we continue to play like strangers tomorrow then alarm bells will be ringing. not just with the fans but at the top end of the club. these foreign johnny's don't mess around if they think its going tits, decisive action will be taken.

new fish tank in the chairmans office methinks!!!

sam-caddick said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
kanovic said:
I believe that Athletic Madrid okay a 442 and they are doing outstanding. I could be wrong though.

they tried 4-4-1-1 v Porto and took Villa off at half-time I believe to make it more a 4-5-1 and dominated the 2nd half after hardly having a kick in the first.

I would love to see City set up in a 3-6-1 one day, imagine the possession figures?

Risky against the top teams though.

-------------------------Sergio-------------------------
Nasri---Yaya---Fernandinho---Silva--Navas
------------------------Rodwell---------------------
-------Nastasic----Kompany---Zabaleta-------
--------------------------Hart---------------------------

3-6-1 does not translate to "possession" .

Have a feeling the game will be rather dogged, based on the tight matches we've seen against Everton and Wigan in recent seasons. Wouldn't be surprised if this one finishes goalless.

Never underestimate the return of David Silva. I have always thought he is the most important player in the team. Everton don't have anyone in Merlin's class, so on that basis I think we will win. I also think that Lescott might replace Nasty.

My other thought is that The Beast has to start the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.