City Vs Everton Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the talisman said:
waspish said:
Everton under Martinez have improved ten fold with his tactics they keep the ball just as good as us and if we play 442 we will be overrun and it will be a very difficult afternoon also for me Martinez is a far superior manager to our dinosaur

We have better players than Everton and I think we'll beat them. You might be right about Martinez, it's still a bit early to say. in my opinion.

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:33 pm --

sh249 said:
the talisman said:
I would love to see this formation, but I think it's safe to say that if he played 70 minutes against the best team in Europe with 2 up top, he will almost certainly start with 2 strikers against Everton.

Yeah, I think you're right. Though even in the above it would perhaps be one of those where you could argue whether to class Jovetic as part of a front two dropping off, or as one of the '3' in a 4-2-3-1 (see the disagreements on here about whether we played 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1 in 2011/12). Either way, I think we need to find a way of getting more players in good positions in the area in front of their defence. Saw it last night with Silva - as soon as he came on, the difference was night and day. Some of that had to do with Bayern letting up, most of it was to do with just how good and clever a player he is.

Absolutely, my favourite player, it was great to see him back and he caused Bayern a lot of problems.

Pelegrini formation and tactics have not changed one iota in the last ten years so for me his an inferior manager to Martinez

Now that it is clear Utd are a poor side without RVP, the match against Everton is going to be a true test against Premiership opposition. If we lose many staff at City are going to be feeling a great deal of heat. That said the huge pay offs they will get even for failure will keep them comfortable. Quite what Soriano & Begiristain see in Pellegrini is not yet clear. It had better become so very soon or we'll not be worrying about advancing to the second stage of the Champions League because we'll not be in the first stage.

Hi,
Evertonian in peace here,
was just wondering a few things;
From my point of view, 451 (4231) is the formation most top teams around the world are using now (madrid, chelsea, united, bayern, dortmund, even everton....), but does require the outside 2 of the 3 to either be wide players (such as navas), or inside forwards (such as silva), but the second option requires an attacking fullback. this works with us as Pienaar is an inside forward with Baines there, and mirallas is a wide player which is why coleman often bombs straight into the box underneath him. Navas plays with width on one wing, but for me, citys wingers are your one major downfall. Do you believe that city need 1 more wide player, one that will actually play with width?
Pellegrini, can you give me one sentence to describe him so far?
Joe Hart, is it bad form, bad confidence, or has he maybe done a jelavic/torres, where he just seems to regress as a player for no real reason at all?
Gareth barry, Your thoughts on loaning him out?
Thanks
Good luck for saturday (although not too much!).

Only a win would do !

Come on CITY !!!!<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:26 am --<br /><br />
waspish said:
the talisman said:
waspish said:
Everton under Martinez have improved ten fold with his tactics they keep the ball just as good as us and if we play 442 we will be overrun and it will be a very difficult afternoon also for me Martinez is a far superior manager to our dinosaur

We have better players than Everton and I think we'll beat them. You might be right about Martinez, it's still a bit early to say. in my opinion.

sh249 said:
Yeah, I think you're right. Though even in the above it would perhaps be one of those where you could argue whether to class Jovetic as part of a front two dropping off, or as one of the '3' in a 4-2-3-1 (see the disagreements on here about whether we played 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1 in 2011/12). Either way, I think we need to find a way of getting more players in good positions in the area in front of their defence. Saw it last night with Silva - as soon as he came on, the difference was night and day. Some of that had to do with Bayern letting up, most of it was to do with just how good and clever a player he is.

Absolutely, my favourite player, it was great to see him back and he caused Bayern a lot of problems.

Pelegrini formation and tactics have not changed one iota in the last ten years so for me his an inferior manager to Martinez

On what grounds pls, I'd love to know

vintiz said:
Only a win would do !

Come on CITY !!!!

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:26 am --

waspish said:
the talisman said:

On what grounds pls, I'd love to know

Watch Guardiola pre press conference that's what he says

I'm a pessimistic bastard at the best of times, but I have a bad sense of foreboding about this game.

TheFriendlyEvertonian said:
Hi,
From my point of view, 451 (4231) is the formation most top teams around the world are using now (madrid, chelsea, united, bayern, dortmund, even everton....), but does require the outside 2 of the 3 to either be wide players (such as navas), or inside forwards (such as silva), but the second option requires an attacking fullback. this works with us as Pienaar is an inside forward with Baines there, and mirallas is a wide player which is why coleman often bombs straight into the box underneath him. Navas plays with width on one wing, but for me, citys wingers are your one major downfall. Do you believe that city need 1 more wide player, one that will actually play with width?
Joe Hart, is it bad form, bad confidence, or has he maybe done a jelavic/torres, where he just seems to regress as a player for no real reason at all?
Thanks

Welcome mate,i'm sure one of our resident tactical experts will provide you with some answers soon enough.

team v everton PANTILIMON - RICHARDS , KOMPANY , LESCOTT , ZABS - NASRI , MILNER , YAYA , SILVA - NEGREDO , AGUERO , joe needs a break , clichy needs a new brain , dzeko needs to run about a bit , nastasic needs to stop giving stupid free kicks away . Everton willbear the brunt of our mid-week no-performance , come on you blue boys.

Play 4231 with negredo upfront and jovetic,aguero and Silva playing the in behind the striker,ferne and yaya in the holding midfield and pants in the goal with regular back 4,I think we can experiment with this one

TheFriendlyEvertonian said:
Hi,
Thanks

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Pellegrini, can you give me one sentence to describe him so far? - The jury is very much still out on him. He is calm close to the point of being comatose.
Joe is a complete mystery. Various chains of thought on here from 'big time charlie' to 'lacks concentration' to 'still the best keeper in the land'. I feel he needs to be dropped (not 'rested') for a good few games until he gets his head back on.
Huge mistake! He was moved on due to his wages and not footballing reasons. We have already missed him. You have a gem of a player on your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.