City Vs Hull Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
City's central defence vs Cardiff was a car crash waiting to happen.

I think Pellegrini was over confident in hoping Garcia & Lescott would be OK. Surely he knew how slow they both were before coming to the club? I trust he won't make that mistake again. New CB's in, even if it's Rodwell as makeshift CB, at least he can head the ball, read the game and is confident on the ball. Also it was the second match running that Lescott has slipped over trying something daft (or maybe just trying to turn around), but he was very lucky Newcastle & Cardiff didn't punish us at those moments. And please Yaya ffs, stay up the pitch. Stop going back to the defence and taking the ball outside our area. You are ineffective there. What do I know anyway?

Back on topic though, City to sparkle vs Hull.
At least 4-0. But it would be great to see City completely annihilate someone, it's long overdue.

The Black Shed said:
At least 4-0. But it would be great to see City completely annihilate someone, it's long overdue.
Correct. The Chels managed an 8-0 last season and possibly another 8 a couple of seasons ago. Spuds and the rags have both hit 9 (I think) in PL games and it's about time we scored 8 or 9.
We had enough chances against Newcastle but good saves and bad reffing kept it down to four.
Not bothered about ten though as I've already seen us score ten in a game. Mind you that was second level so yeah, ten will be OK. I'd just like eight or nine to fill in the gap. And seven away some where as the best I've seen in a competitive away game is six. Saw us get seven at Tranmere but that was a friendly.

Not bothered about ten though as I've already seen us score ten in a game. [/quote]

Huddersfield 10-1, were there 3 hat-tricks in that game?
Stattos - has this been acheived before by one side in a match?

kun said:
santasa said:
kun said:
MUST be a better performance than yesterday. Simple as.

Hart
Zabaleta Demichelis(hopefully) Nastasic Clichy
Rodwell Fernandinho
Navas Yaya Silva
Negredo

Pants, Micah, Lescott, Milner, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko

Eh yes, we should bench our best player of whole pre-season, and both PL games, who just regained his form and true self, and after stunning goals in pre-season just started scoring in league games too, all after two perfect all-around, head turning performances - Jesus Christ !
Really? "two perfect all-around, head turning performances"

Negredo has played 30 minutes of football and scored twice (one wrongly disallowed)
If that had of counted he'd have scored in all of his last 4 City matches, and scored 4 in his last match at Sevilla.
I say we play both Negredo and Dzeko as Hull will park the bus and we will need height in the box to get on the end of crosses.

NoahCity said:
kun said:
santasa said:
Eh yes, we should bench our best player of whole pre-season, and both PL games, who just regained his form and true self, and after stunning goals in pre-season just started scoring in league games too, all after two perfect all-around, head turning performances - Jesus Christ !
Really? "two perfect all-around, head turning performances"

Negredo has played 30 minutes of football and scored twice (one wrongly disallowed)
If that had of counted he'd have scored in all of his last 4 City matches, and scored 4 in his last match at Sevilla.
I say we play both Negredo and Dzeko as Hull will park the bus and we will need height in the box to get on the end of crosses.
Possibly, but I wanted to play Rodwell, and Yaya in a more advanced position.

NoahCity said:

My thoughts exactly, especially since Pellegrini already hinted that he will often play both of them, and after all he tried exactly that during pre-season, and against Newcastle. I would bet my life on possibility that Pellegrini intended to leave Edin in the game and bring Negredo for someone else against Cardiff, before Edin got that nasty cut just minute prior to Negredo introduction.
I hope he try them together from the start this time.

santasa said:
NoahCity said:

My thoughts exactly, especially since Pellegrini already hinted that he will often play both of them, and after all he tried exactly that during pre-season, and against Newcastle. I would bet my life on possibility that Pellegrini intended to leave Edin in the game and bring Negredo for someone else against Cardiff, before Edin got that nasty cut just minute prior to Negredo introduction.
I think Negredo+Dzeko upfront with Navas on right wing and Kolarov at LB is the best exponent we have for the crossing game which for me is the way to beat the bus.

santasa said:
NoahCity said:

I would like to clear something up here: Dzeko didn't come off because of the injury. If you watched closely enough you'd notice that the substitution sign was prepared with "9 in, 10 out" before Dzeko's injury. His chin happened to be cut before the substitution was made, but the intent was for that substitution to be made regardless, as the sign was prepared before the cut.

shadowyu said:
santasa said:

I would like to clear something up here: Dzeko didn't come off because of the injury. If you watched closely enough you'd notice that the substitution sign was prepared with "9 in, 10 out" before Dzeko's injury. His chin happened to be cut before the substitution was made, but the intent was for that substitution to be made regardless, as the sign was prepared before the cut.

Ok, we cleared this crucial aspect of the tactics out, but I still hope he will give Negredo chance to play with Edin from the start against Hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.