City Vs Hull Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all know that this is going to be a game of 'attackers v defenders' . If Hull can be bothered to get 25 yards from their own box then we might get a few opportunities. The well known phrase of 'park the bus' will no doubt be in action here again, as it pretty much was at Cardiff.
I would really like to see Aguero and Negredo or Dzeko and Negredo as the front two, lets get these goals smashed in, we cannot afford anything but a resounding win here, or it will plant seeds of doubt into the players and give hope to all the other average teams in the league.

I'd like to see Jovetic play a part if he's fit, and definitely starts for Negredo and Milner.

Teams should realise that parking the bus at our ground doesn't work in general.

Last season only Norwich did the business out of the lower clubs and they came to attack.

With our defence looking shaky and with no Kompany, I would be inclined to give it a go if I were Bruce.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Teams should realise that parking the bus at our ground doesn't work in general.

Last season only Norwich did the business out of the lower clubs and they came to attack.

With our defence looking shaky and with no Kompany, I would be inclined to give it a go if I were Bruce.
Has Steve Bruce learned to use a computer yet?

Hart
Zabaleta
Demichellis
Nastatic
Kolarov
Navas
Fernandinho
Yaya
Milner
Silva
Negredo

I think zabaleta deserves to be dropped but Richards won't be fit enough. Him and Clichy have got to comfortable. Clichy has seen a lot of the ball last two games and is just not effective enough going forward. Negredo as the lone striker for me Saturday with kun and dzeko dropping to the bench.

Ireland_for_pm said:
Hart
Zabaleta
Demichellis
Nastatic
Kolarov
Navas
Fernandinho
Yaya
Milner
Silva
Negredo

I think zabaleta deserves to be dropped but Richards won't be fit enough. Him and Clichy have got to comfortable. Clichy has seen a lot of the ball last two games and is just not effective enough going forward. Negredo as the lone striker for me Saturday with kun and dzeko dropping to the bench.

Hull will try and defend, you need two strong forwards to bully their defense with midfielders putting balls in from all directions...had Dzeko stayed on the pitch in the last match and had Negredo come on for Aguero instead, I believe that the result would have been different...you need to give teams more to think about...one striker in the box against 4 or 6 defenders can't do anything...make them guess, is it going to Negredo or Dzeko or is Silva or Yaya or someone else from the midfield going to drop into the space...I really do hope Pellegrini tries this...it might show teams who park the bus that there is an engineer who can dismantle any bus....

kun said:
NoahCity said:
kun said:
Really? "two perfect all-around, head turning performances"

Negredo has played 30 minutes of football and scored twice (one wrongly disallowed)
If that had of counted he'd have scored in all of his last 4 City matches, and scored 4 in his last match at Sevilla.
I say we play both Negredo and Dzeko as Hull will park the bus and we will need height in the box to get on the end of crosses.
Possibly, but I wanted to play Rodwell, and Yaya in a more advanced position.

Sorry to p*ss on your parade but it doesn't matter where you want to play Rodwell & Yaya - you don't pick the team !

My team to play Hull,

Hart

Zab
Boyata
Lescott
Clichy

Barry (Milner)
Rodwell

Navas
Milner
Silva

Negredo

Let's just go for it:

---------------- Hart ----------------

---------- Yaya ---- Nastasic --------
Milner ------------------------ Kolarov

---------- Rodwell --- Nasri ----------
Navas ------------------------- Silva

---------- Negredo -- Dzeko ----------

In all seriousness though I don't think Hull will be a pushover, they'll be full of confidence after last week's win and I think it could be a frustrating afternoon. I'll go for a tricky 1-0 win.

Personally after Sunday , I would accept nothing less than us sticking our collective hand in a bag of homepride and fist fookin them up the poop chute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.