City Vs Hull Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three central midfielders are required for this game. I would add Rodwell to Yaya and Fenandinho and then play Jovetic or Silva behind Dzeko and Negredo; I thought Aguero had a poor game against Cardiff and, in the absence of a proper pre season, I think he needs more training to bring him up to speed.

If width is required I would add Navas later in the game and move Jovetic or Silva to the left, replacing one of the strikers.

I would have no issues with the dropping of Aguero, Yaya and Silva for this game. Neither played to a standard expected for players of their ability last week and it is demotivational to the other players in the squad, specifically Rodwell and Milner for players to be picked regardless of form.

Central defence is an ongoing issue but the lack of options here suggest that unless Nasty is fit, the defence remains unchanged.

----------------------------Hart----------------------------
Zabaleta------Lescott-------Nastasic.....Kolarov
---------------Fernandinho---Toure------------------
Navas--------------------Silva------------------Jovetic
---------------------------Aguero---------------------------

442/4231

hullfan said:
Finally, we have McGregor in goal, who looks a potential signing of the season for only £1.8 million.

I didn't see any of the Norwich game but in the first half hour at Chelsea he punched Torres in the head to give away a penalty (albeit he then saved it) and got beaten from 30+ yards from a free kick on his side of the goal.

You musn't hold out much hope for your other signings if this guy's the best.

kenzie115 said:
hullfan said:
Finally, we have McGregor in goal, who looks a potential signing of the season for only £1.8 million.

I didn't see any of the Norwich game but in the first half hour at Chelsea he punched Torres in the head to give away a penalty (albeit he then saved it) and got beaten from 30+ yards from a free kick on his side of the goal.

Did you see Hart against Cardiff?

spongebob123 said:

442/4231

I like that would you put Jovetic behind Kun in a 4-4-2?

GaudinoMotors said:
kenzie115 said:
hullfan said:

Did you see Hart against Cardiff?

There cannot be, surely, any more crap in the Hart system! Can there?

kenzie115 said:
hullfan said:

He made a mistake taking out Torres (although it was quite funny and he did save the pen), I'll give you that but the free-kick took a wild swerve, he also made a number of top saves against Chelsea and was formidable against Norwich, one save from a van Wolfsinkel header really was top class. Given that you're likely to have a number of shots on goal on Saturday you'll probably see, and as someone pointed out, Hart really did look flappy against Cardiff, out of interest, what do most of you think of Hart seen as though you of course see him far more often than I do? Personally, I think the jury is still out on him, ranking him among Buffon, Casillas and Nueur seems very generous, he makes some top saves but has a mistake in him far more regularly than you would expect from a real top 'keeper.

As for not holding much hope for our signings I do really, Bruce is known for his recruitment and mainly questioned for where he puts them when he has them. Signings like Thudd from Spurs may not seem it to you, but for Hull City it's quite a signing, he could easily make the England squad soon. Compare him to someone you'll know a lot about, like Milner, Huddlestone has far more natural ability for me. Likewise, I'm chuffed with the signings of Figueroa, Davies and Livermore (albeit a loan with a view to a permanent). I'm usually quite pessimistic but I think this is the best squad we've ever had and if we could sign a nippy, clinical 10-15 goal striker I think we'd be midtable comfortably this season.

Like I said, you SHOULD win, but I'd have thought some of you may be a little more conscious of the 'anything can happen in football' mantra given last weekends events, I for one would be astounded if we lost 6-0, our organisation looked very good against an obviously not as good but still a side that finished 11th last season and spent £27 million over the summer in Norwich. I'm predicting an admittedly heavily biased 1-1 but I believe our recent record against you stands at 1 win, 1 loss and 2 draws, not relevant but mildly interesting I thought.

Airbags Optional said:
spongebob123 said:

442/4231

I like that would you put Jovetic behind Kun in a 4-4-2?

Was thinking more sinking silva back to the wing and jovetic up front / up front left behind Aguero - had a great game there vs Milan. Of course silva and jovetic can interchange; the greatest strength in that squad should be movement and the ability to play as a unit in any position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.