City Vs Hull Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most telling part of our dismal performance against Cardiff was that after passing it around near their box for a few minutes we would inevitably try to cross it in towards our only player in the box, Dzeko (later Negredo). Dzeko was constantly double marked when this happened and so couldn't be nearly as effective as he could of been, having only one player 'in amongst them' was a terrible plan when you try that approach. I don't for the life of me know why we didn't get both Negredo and Dzeko on at the same time giving ourselves more targets to aim for and causing mass confusion within the defensive structure as they have both charging around looking for space, bullying defenders etc and likely giving everyone an easier time as more defenders would have to be commited to stopping their threat (and the crosses) than just blocking our short passes.

Dzeko and Negredo to start, bully the shit outta Hulls backline.

blue in baltimore said:
while there may be greater challenges in future matches, i believe this has to be a defining moment for city and pellegrini. you can be sure that hull will approach in the same manner as cardiff...how will we respond? i'd like to see a well-played 2-0 decision.
Good post mate....that's what I'm hoping for too and many others to be looking back at the season as champions and saying that the Cardiff loss was the turning point where attitudes changed and Pellers knew what the Premiership was all about.

Always gonna score 1 or 2 per game so sort defence and we have a good premier league campaign. Sounds simple because it is.

This will be an interesting game to see how the mind set of manager and players is.

We 100% need a 'response' in terms of performance and result.

I expect Hull will park one very big bus and hope to hit us on the break. We know this is coming as pretty much every team does the same at our gaff. We simply must respond and take the three points.

thing about this game is even if we win I'll still be mad cause it'll then be international break and we will have to wait to see if we have really learned our lesson when we face Stoke and United.

In these games an early goal always helps massively. Confidence will be knocked after Cardiff and it's not hard to see changes being made. Perhaps Nasri and Milner to start and give us an advantage in midfield. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Pantilimon start either. Will take a 1-0 now if it's on offer. Pressure is already on the manager and the players to win.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
blue in baltimore said:
while there may be greater challenges in future matches, i believe this has to be a defining moment for city and pellegrini. you can be sure that hull will approach in the same manner as cardiff...how will we respond? i'd like to see a well-played 2-0 decision.
Good post mate....that's what I'm hoping for too and many others to be looking back at the season as champions and saying that the Cardiff loss was the turning point where attitudes changed and Pellers knew what the Premiership was all about.

my thoughts exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.