City Vs Hull Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmckennasell said:
Doesnt really matter how many we beat Hull by on saturday , our home form is not in question , Stoke away is the test similiar hostile atmosphere to the Cardiff game , and if we dont win at Stoke we should seriously question the appetite of our "superstars" to win another premiership
You're right the test is Stoke, but let's beat Hull first.

4 points from the next 2 games will do me.

ban-mcfc said:
----------pantilimon-----------
zabs------demichelis-------nasty.....clichy
-----------------------fernadinho---------------
navas-------------silva----------aguero---jovetic
------------------------negredo--------------------

lets just fucking go for it.
-------------------------Hart
------Richards-----Nasty-----Kolarov
-----------------Nasri------Silva
------Navas-------Aguero-------Jovetic
---------------------Negredo

Let's REALLY fucking go for it haha

Hi lads, Hull City fan in peace.

Just thought I'd respond to a couple of points. Firstly, the fella who said he lived in Norwich, watched our game on Saturday and said we scored after 25 minutes and then posed no attacking threat, it is perhaps worth noting we had a player sent off within minutes of scoring, who was our front man (Yannick Sagbo). It doesn't take a genius to see that losing your striker and playing with 10 men for almost 70 minutes of a game somewhat hinders your attacking threat.

Secondly, to the person who posted about us going into extra-time against Orient on Tuesday and which of our starting XI would be affected, the answer is almost certainly none. We fielded a fully changed 11 for the game and none of those players are likely to feature.

I see mixed reviews of us which is fair enough, some fairly ignorant one's though and dismissing the game as "comfortable 5-0 win" given the events of last weekend would seem a little foolish, but hey ho. Obviously you're expected to win but we've shown promise in our first two games. Chelsea battered us for half an hour and then the game petered out, but even for a top club the football Chelsea played in the first 30 minutes of that game was blistering. Clearly you're also capable of playing that kind of football but I'd say passing of that intensity is a rare occurrence. As for us we've adopted a back 4 (rather than a back 3 we used last season) for this campaign of Elmo, Chester, Davies and Figueroa. Of the 4 Elmo is the weak link, more of a wing-back than a full-back he could be a useful avenue for you on Saturday. Chester is a great young centre-back but can be vulnerable in the air so either Dzeko or Negredo could perhaps exploit that, Davies on the other hand is an absolute beast in the air and given the way you defended corners against Cardiff, I'd say he could certainly be a concern for you.

We play a 4-3-3 and the midfield 3 will almost certainly be Livermore, Huddlestone and Koren, who played against Norwich and did superbly. Livermore and Thudd joined from Spurs and look very impressive. Livermore is your typical box-to-boxer, works his socks off and reads the game very well. Thudd you will most likely already know a bit about but I think of him as a midfield version of Berbatov, doesn't get around much but his technique, passing range and occasional long-shot are quite special. Koren's our captain, attacking midfielder really who's had to drop deeper for this season, you don't want to give him any space on the edge of the area as he has a real knack for scoring from there. The only other possibility is Stephen Quinn (last season's players' player of the year) who has just returned from injury, but I strongly suspect he'll be benched for now.

The front 3 were made up of Brady, Sagbo and Aluko but with Sagbo's suspension that will of course have to change. Brady is likely to be given an attacking role as Fergy called Bruce and told him to play him further up the pitch, as time progresses he's moved further forward and seems to be flourishing there. He's talented but raw, expect a few that fly miles over but he's got a real flash of quality in him. Aluko is our one to watch for me, I suspect he'll surprise a lot of people, he's quite a special player, very quick feet and electric pace, on the counter he's your biggest threat. He can pull off things most players wouldn't even comprehend which always makes him great to watch. With Sagbo out our third attacker is the only questionable position, it could be Danny Graham who joined on loan from Sunderland or George Boyd, some think Bruce may move Elmo from right-back to the right side of a front 3 and bring Rosenior into right-back, really I don't know but we shall see. Finally, we have McGregor in goal, who looks a potential signing of the season for only £1.8 million.

Anyway, you should now know a little more about our team, of course you should win but don't expect it to be easy or else you may be in for a shock. I'll be there on Saturday, free tickets as a relative works at the Etihad, not bad! Hope it's a good game and best of luck for the season other than our two meetings.

P.s. Don't be expecting a half-time team talk on the pitch, Brucey has a little more nous about him than good old Browny.

hullfan said:
Hi lads, Hull City fan in peace.

Just thought I'd respond to a couple of points. Firstly, the fella who said he lived in Norwich, watched our game on Saturday and said we scored after 25 minutes and then posed no attacking threat, it is perhaps worth noting we had a player sent off within minutes of scoring, who was our front man (Yannick Sagbo). It doesn't take a genius to see that losing your striker and playing with 10 men for almost 70 minutes of a game somewhat hinders your attacking threat.

Secondly, to the person who posted about us going into extra-time against Orient on Tuesday and which of our starting XI would be affected, the answer is almost certainly none. We fielded a fully changed 11 for the game and none of those players are likely to feature.

I see mixed reviews of us which is fair enough, some fairly ignorant one's though and dismissing the game as "comfortable 5-0 win" given the events of last weekend would seem a little foolish, but hey ho. Obviously you're expected to win but we've shown promise in our first two games. Chelsea battered us for half an hour and then the game petered out, but even for a top club the football Chelsea played in the first 30 minutes of that game was blistering. Clearly you're also capable of playing that kind of football but I'd say passing of that intensity is a rare occurrence. As for us we've adopted a back 4 (rather than a back 3 we used last season) for this campaign of Elmo, Chester, Davies and Figueroa. Of the 4 Elmo is the weak link, more of a wing-back than a full-back he could be a useful avenue for you on Saturday. Chester is a great young centre-back but can be vulnerable in the air so either Dzeko or Negredo could perhaps exploit that, Davies on the other hand is an absolute beast in the air and given the way you defended corners against Cardiff, I'd say he could certainly be a concern for you.

We play a 4-3-3 and the midfield 3 will almost certainly be Livermore, Huddlestone and Koren, who played against Norwich and did superbly. Livermore and Thudd joined from Spurs and look very impressive. Livermore is your typical box-to-boxer, works his socks off and reads the game very well. Thudd you will most likely already know a bit about but I think of him as a midfield version of Berbatov, doesn't get around much but his technique, passing range and occasional long-shot are quite special. Koren's our captain, attacking midfielder really who's had to drop deeper for this season, you don't want to give him any space on the edge of the area as he has a real knack for scoring from there. The only other possibility is Stephen Quinn (last season's players' player of the year) who has just returned from injury, but I strongly suspect he'll be benched for now.

The front 3 were made up of Brady, Sagbo and Aluko but with Sagbo's suspension that will of course have to change. Brady is likely to be given an attacking role as Fergy called Bruce and told him to play him further up the pitch, as time progresses he's moved further forward and seems to be flourishing there. He's talented but raw, expect a few that fly miles over but he's got a real flash of quality in him. Aluko is our one to watch for me, I suspect he'll surprise a lot of people, he's quite a special player, very quick feet and electric pace, on the counter he's your biggest threat. He can pull off things most players wouldn't even comprehend which always makes him great to watch. With Sagbo out our third attacker is the only questionable position, it could be Danny Graham who joined on loan from Sunderland or George Boyd, some think Bruce may move Elmo from right-back to the right side of a front 3 and bring Rosenior into right-back, really I don't know but we shall see. Finally, we have McGregor in goal, who looks a potential signing of the season for only £1.8 million.

Anyway, you should now know a little more about our team, of course you should win but don't expect it to be easy or else you may be in for a shock. I'll be there on Saturday, free tickets as a relative works at the Etihad, not bad! Hope it's a good game and best of luck for the season other than our two meetings.

P.s. Don't be expecting a half-time team talk on the pitch, Brucey has a little more nous about him than good old Browny.

I am under no illusion we will have to be on our mettle hullfan and it will be a lot tougher than some suspect.

If we keep a clean sheet we should win but as for a cricket score I very much doubt it.

I agree with the above comment. I watched Hull play Chelski and they actually played very well. I thought they were very composed on the ball given they were playing away. Last week they had a player sent off in the first half last week and still won.

Of course I expect a powerful response to the debacle last week, but for those expecting a walk in the park please think again. We will have to fight very hard. As long as we get the 3 points we should be happy.

hart
micah
demechelis
nasty
clichy
Fernando
yaya
silva
aguero
jovetic
negredo

that would be my choice for the weekend.

Fook me didn´t realise we were playing fookin Spuds reserves

Can´t get away from the coonts can we
Tom fookin Hundredstone!! Watch him smack one in from 40 yards

I wouldn´t want to be on here if we fook this up though
Meltdown won´t even begin to cover it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.