City Vs Liverpool Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue2112 said:
Almost every week on the pre match threads there loads of City fans saying how this weeks game will be tough etc and it'll be a draw. Fuck me we'd end up with 38 draws by the end of the season and go down. Personally I think we'll beat them easily and have far too much for them. My Liverpool supporting sister-in-law said tonight we'dliterally wipe the floor with them. Sometimes I think we look at ourselves and don't yet realise just how far we've come and how much other teams respect us and fear us these days.
Easy 3 points - they are bs

We got this. we just need aguero to finish. he s so electric with the ball, he s really unstoppable. we really need him to finally score. Injuries this year sucked for him, but he s got a shot this time around.
#-0 win like last year. COMMON BLUES!!!

CTID

Blue2112 said:
Almost every week on the pre match threads there loads of City fans saying how this weeks game will be tough etc and it'll be a draw. Fuck me we'd end up with 38 draws by the end of the season and go down. Personally I think we'll beat them easily and have far too much for them.
You do talk rubbish, mate. If you look back at threads such as Reading(H), Villa in the League Cup, West Ham(A), Sunderland(A) and even QPR(A), you will see many Bluemooners predicting 4-0 wins and more. People on here are only more cautious when we play the likes of Arsenal, Everton and the Scum. Looking at recent form and reflecting that we may again have to rely on our reserve centre backs, no way will we beat Liverpool easily. They are fighting for a Europa League place. I will be delighted with a narrow 2-1 win but genuinely fear that a point is all we may get unless our strikers play better.

lionheart said:
Blue2112 said:
Almost every week on the pre match threads there loads of City fans saying how this weeks game will be tough etc and it'll be a draw. Fuck me we'd end up with 38 draws by the end of the season and go down. Personally I think we'll beat them easily and have far too much for them.
You do talk rubbish, mate. If you look back at threads such as Reading(H), Villa in the League Cup, West Ham(A), Sunderland(A) and even QPR(A), you will see many Bluemooners predicting 4-0 wins and more. People on here are only more cautious when we play the likes of Arsenal, Everton and the Scum. Looking at recent form and reflecting that we may again have to rely on our reserve centre backs, no way will we beat Liverpool easily. They are fighting for a Europa League place. I will be delighted with a narrow 2-1 win but genuinely fear that a point is all we may get unless our strikers play better.

They still believe a Chumps League place is nailed on but that aside " "fighting for a Europa League place" give me a break Lionheart.

If that's the only incentive they have for giving it a go on Sunday they might as well pack it in now.

Finishing ahead of their merseyside rivals is what they are fighting for this season and at present its not looking good for them.

Anything can happen on the day but this aint the Liverpool of old and we aren't the City of old.

They have an excellent strike-force, and a decent defence. Their midfield, however, is shit. This is where, I feel, City should take control and stifle their attacking threat..
I don't know if Coutinho will rescue their midfield, or how good he is, so I hope he doesn't play against us..

hart-zaba-kompany(if fit)-nasty-clichy-garcia-barry-silva-aguero-nasri-dzeko..this is a must win we don't need another wrong step..a strong display from the lads and another cleen sheat..2-0 win

_____________Hart___________

Zaba_____Garcia__Lescott___Clichy

__________Nasri____Barry_______

Tevez_________Silva_____Aguero

_____________Dzeko____________

Tevez City said:

A 31 year old Gareth Barry who struggles to play two games in a week being the lone DM is not going to work, certainly not with Nasri's lack of defensive coverage. We would get slaughtered.

Tevez City said:

We'd get torn a new one in midfield with this. We need some strength/guile and the best answer to that at the moment is Milner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.