City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair mate I think navas deserves to be in there! Could go either way for Raheem, he either comes out determined to smash the dippers or he goes hiding.
I'd start Sterling. No hiding place for £50m players. Also, our captain and senior players should be able to get the lad up for it. My only concern may be that he'd be 'too' up for it which could result in him trying too hard. It's something that the manager is paid handsomely to sort out.

I'd start Sterling. No hiding place for £50m players. Also, our captain and senior players should be able to get the lad up for it. My only concern may be that he'd be 'too' up for it which could result in him trying too hard. It's something that the manager is paid handsomely to sort out.

Agree with this as well malg. Big games call for big players and Raheem is one for us. Hard on navas though as he's been great this season.

who would you not play to accommodate him?
You can't play a young player every week, but in my strongest team I'd have a forward line of Sterling, Aguero, Navas and Silva and De Bruyne in behind with Fernandinho supporting

We don't have anyone who can play on the left hand side so I don't get you question about who accommodates him. His position in the squad is just about the only one where we don't have cover. De Bruyne has switched wings with Navas from time to time, but I think De Bruyne is wasted out wide.

Sterling and Kolarov together in the early weeks of the season really made a difference to City and were the main reason we started so strongly. No one could live with their combination play. Unfortnately Kolarov's sprints have turned into jogs as the games have racked up...very noticeable when your sat on the touchline. There was no way Kolarov could keep that up week after week all season

You can't play a young player every week, but in my strongest team I'd have a forward line of Sterling, Aguero, Navas and Silva and De Bruyne in behind with Fernandinho supporting

We don't have anyone who can play on the left hand side so I don't get you question about who accommodates him. His position in the squad is just about the only one where we don't have cover. De Bruyne has switched wings with Navas from time to time, but I think De Bruyne is wasted out wide.

Sterling and Kolarov together in the early weeks of the season really made a difference to City and were the main reason we started so strongly. No one could live with their combination play. Unfortnately Kolarov's sprints have turned into jogs as the games have racked up...very noticeable when your sat on the touchline. There was no way Kolarov could keep that up week after week all season

What I was suggesting if that Sterling takes the left wing and assuming Kun and Merlin are playing, who plays the right flank?

What I was suggesting if that Sterling takes the left wing and assuming Kun and Merlin are playing, who plays the right flank?
Navas. Or Nasri when fit, or De Bruyne. There is no outstanding choice, but Sterling is the outstanding choice as left sided forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.