City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be:

Left side: sterling
Centre : silva
Right side: de bruyne

Harsh on navas but you have to play kdb and if silva is fit try to fit them both in.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. KDB is excellent as an attacking threat but he offers little in supporting Sagna/Zaba. For me when we face a counter attacking team, it is either Merlin or KDB.

I would agree on the left that Sterling is the best we have. For me though, Navas is the equivalent on the right.
The big difference is that Sterling scores goals! Navas place in the team is under threat because he's lacking in that one but all important regard.

I agree with the point you make about De Bruyne. Wasted on the right wing. Puts in a great cross but struggles to beat a man out there. He needs to be in the middle where he can go both ways. I believe Sterling is also at his best running as the penalty box from a central position but we can't give him a free role.

Few in top flight football get that luxury. Barcelona have a great front line because all their players excel in that position. City's line up is slightly compromised because when Silva returns, where is De Bruyne going to play?

Hopefully Silva brings the best out of him and takes some players off him. He draws players to him like moths and then plays the ball off so maybe it will work. Looking forward to seeing it, but of course need to give Silva time to recover to his best

Navas has played exceptionally well so far this season. But I still think he's best used coming off the bench in the second half and using his pace to run at a tiring defense. And if Liverpool try to play Klopp's pressing game they will tire.

Contradicting that, Navas has had a break and isn't carrying any injuries which is more than can be said for many of our players. Ultimately I think the fitness of the players will determine Pellegrini's selection.

------------------- Hart --------------------
Sagna - Kompany - Otamendi - Kolarov
---------Yaya---------- Fernandinho-------
Navas------------KDB ------Silva/Sterling
---------Kelechi/Sterling/Silva----------

I agree that Navas doesn't score enough but how many goals do THE TEAM score because of his pace and the counter attacking momentum he gives us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.