City vs Liverpool Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about delphi...is he fit to play?

if he is he is another option for the midfield that no-one seems to be considering

Coutinho has been brilliant this season.
Four goals and two assists. Two assists from a fella who's going to run the game. He's a good player but he's not this world class player that a lot in the media like to make out.

The two assists came in the same game - Aston Villa at home. A side who are set for relegation (although one we couldn't beat due to Manuel's fear of playing a teenager, thus lacking a striker).

Phil Thompson's Combined eleven.
thompson-man-city-liverpool_3379176.jpg

Sorry but only Coutinho would have a sniff of getting in the City team.

Only argument to bench Sagna is because of the French thing as I read on here he has found it tough this week. But even then I don't think its a strong enough argument.

I can't see how a 3-man midfield can work, as it would mean KDB on the right where he has done just about nothing (either that or start him false 9 and no striker - again that didn't work). Navas would also likely make way, and he definitely has to start - I can't see Sterling being benched and if he was it might feel like the first psychological battle won by the scousers.

The only way I ever want to see 3 midfielders is like Sevilla way, with both Fernandinho and Yaya having a license to get forward, Fernandinho in particular would be a major asset nicking the ball in the opposition's final third.

Hart
Sagna
Otamendi
Mangala
Kolarov
Yaya
Fernandinho
Navas
KDB
Sterling
Aguero (it feels good to type those letters again!)

I wonder what he'll do with the bench - I bet he picks both fullbacks, Demichelis, Fernando and Delph, leaving only Iheanacho as an attacking option, and no Roberts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.