City Vs Newcastle Post Game Discussion Thread

I thought it was quite disappointing that we never quite got out of third gear, as the poster above pointed out. I think that if we keep sleepwalking through games, we might just be caught out at some point.

BlueMoon_1987 said:
I thought it was quite disappointing that we never quite got out of third gear, as the poster above pointed out. I think that if we keep sleepwalking through games, we might just be caught out at some point.

We have our most important game of the season on Tuesday
I have no complaints about taking our foot off the gas 2nd half, in fact i was glad we didnt even move out of 3rd gear today

Mancini is doing a terrific job managing all these players- Micah was outstanding today, Clichy also impressed me more than usual. It was a solid performance, Mario was cool and used the ball well, Aguerro worked hard and deserved a goal, Toure was bossing the midfield City bossed the game cant ask for any more than that.
Have to say it does my head in seeing people leave early!!! HAVE SOME RESPECT!!!

Brilliant performance today. If you didn't notice it at the time, watch the game back and note how impressive Newcastle's pressing was particularly in the 1st half. Faced with such pressure on the ball, yet to still have over 70% possession in the 1st half is simply world class. Only Barca could have matched the control we had of today's game.

Tricky_Trev said:
Brilliant performance today. If you didn't notice it at the time, watch the game back and note how impressive Newcastle's pressing was particularly in the 1st half. Faced with such pressure on the ball, yet to still have over 70% possession in the 1st half is simply world class. Only Barca could have matched the control we had of today's game.

Agreed, the first half we were so impressive, we looked like a championship winning team.

kippaxwarrior said:
BlueMoon_1987 said:

I have no complaints about taking our foot off the gas 2nd half, in fact i was glad we didnt even move out of 3rd gear today
according to pardew in his post-match interview he said they were at times having to play at full tilt just to keep up with play...makes you wonder what our team is actually capable of....

kippaxwarrior said:
BlueMoon_1987 said:

A fair enough point. I just consider every game we play as the most important of the season until the final whistle. I'm just glad the team got through the match unscathed, Aguero aside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.