City Vs Newcastle Post Game Discussion Thread

And 9 times out of 10 Spain would have beaten England on that performance.
That's why Spain are World and European champions and we are not.
Obviously you don't know about football.

Sewelly said:
You exposed our weaknesses without really getting out of second gear. That said, I was reasonably pleased with our performance. Penalty aside Ben Arfa looked as sharp as he has done all season.

Good luck for the rest of the season, although I suspect you wont need it!

we have played a lot worse teams than you pal, including the swamp dwellers, and fair play to most of your fans for keeping singing and staying til the end, but the mongs who kicked it off cos you were losing need to get real cos you will undoubtedly lose a few more

I thought everyone played well. A very professional and good performance against the best defence in the Premier League until today, just a bit complacent late on. I thought Milner was on another level, absolutely fantastic and arguably the best English footballer at the moment? He is one of the new 'crowd favourites' you can tell, joining the likes of Mario, Kompany, and De Jong (who looked fully fit today and was also very good).

A cockney sat behind me was shouting fierce abuse at Yaya early on when he made some sloppy passes, made me rage. Yaya settled into the game and was great thereafter.

Tricky_Trev said:
Has Mancini said anything about Aguero's injury? It seems certain that he's out of the Napoli game, but how many other games will he miss? And is Yaya OK?
Heard Mancini interviewed by Cheesey on the way home - he said that Aguero and Yaya are okay, just tired.

DancingBadger said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Has Mancini said anything about Aguero's injury? It seems certain that he's out of the Napoli game, but how many other games will he miss? And is Yaya OK?
Heard Mancini interviewed by Cheesey on the way home - he said that Aguero and Yaya are okay, just tired.
That's great news if true. I was under the impression that he'd done either his groin or hamstring.

Clichy was my MOM. The boy was lightening quick and didn't miss a tackle. Gave the ball away once in his own half in the second half, but got back to make the saving tackle. Also had a chuckle when spanish dave set up a goal within a few minutes of coming on.

pride in battle said:
And 9 times out of 10 Spain would have beaten England on that performance.
That's why Spain are World and European champions and we are not.
Obviously you don't know about football.

I'll leave you in your own little world because you're wasting my time and you're talking unmitigated, uneducated shite.

kippaxwarrior said:
nashark said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Brilliant performance today. If you didn't notice it at the time, watch the game back and note how impressive Newcastle's pressing was particularly in the 1st half. Faced with such pressure on the ball, yet to still have over 70% possession in the 1st half is simply world class. Only Barca could have matched the control we had of today's game.

Nothing impressive about either.

Newcastle were happy with us having the ball in front of them. Whenever we went upfield, they simply slotted back in behind the ball, making us play backwards and sideways. The tempo was far too slow to drag them about. All this happened because we missed Silva and because Yaya was off the pace for the first 60 minutes of the match.

A good win but let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have a lot more to give.

Our biggest game of the season is only 3 days away, im glad we only played a slow tempo today, pretty easy win in the end. Its good to see even when playing at 75% we can beat teams easily

I'm very happy too but we were not world class today. We done enough and that's it. 70% of possession is not impressive when the tempo was as slow as it was in the first half.

LoveCity said:
I thought everyone played well. A very professional and good performance against the best defence in the Premier League until today, just a bit complacent late on. I thought Milner was on another level, absolutely fantastic and arguably the best English footballer at the moment? He is one of the new 'crowd favourites' you can tell, joining the likes of Mario, Kompany, and De Jong (who looked fully fit today and was also very good).

A cockney sat behind me was shouting fierce abuse at Yaya early on when he made some sloppy passes, made me rage. Yaya settled into the game and was great thereafter.

A very professional performance today. As you say, Milner was class. I thought Clichy was brilliant yet again. The bit in bold annoyed me. Could have easily been a clean sheet today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.