City Vs Newcastle Post Game Discussion Thread

I thought we got sloppy on a couple of occasions, but won with something to spare.

One or two players looked a bit leggy, but many good performers too. Nasri, De Jong, Richards, Hart, Balotelli, Milner, Yaya all had a good game.

Newcastle worked really hard in the 1st half, but as soon as we scored the result was not in doubt

Like most I thought we didnt really get going today without SIlva pulling the strings but glad he was rested for most of the game so hes reasonably fresh for the Napoli game. Hope we've saved ourselves for a real tilt at them on Tuesday. Could have been a bit tricky if Ba had took his main chance but still felt we would have been able to go up a gear or two if that had happened. Happy for Micah and his MOM. He and Gael kept their wide men quiet and out of our half and made Guttierez defend most of the game which was a key element. Satisfied with a good win whilst not being at our best.
Interesting statement from one of the Sky pundits that teams have to score three against us at home just to get a point! Long may it continue.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Did anyone see Micah's and Nasri's little dance after Micah's goal? Couldn't see it properly up in EL3, and wasn't shown on MotD.

Yep saw it on football first...well good..a sort of "put your hands up in the air" kinda thing.

samharris said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Did anyone see Micah's and Nasri's little dance after Micah's goal? Couldn't see it properly up in EL3, and wasn't shown on MotD.

Yep saw it on football first...well good..a sort of "put your hands up in the air" kinda thing.
Yeah, it was the "raise the roof" gesture.

Once Demba Ba missed his two chances at 0-0, the outcome of the game was sealed. I can't believe how negative some of your fans are on this forum. For me, this is the best side in the Premier League by a country mile and the best thing for the fans is that you can turn up every Saturday and not worry about watching a Ryan Taylor or a Gabriel Obertan bore you to sleep. I was in the pre match thread last week and did say it would be a comfortable win, but the possession stats were more frightening than I imagined.

As for our fans (and I use that term loosely) throwing fireworks and chairs, its an absolute disgrace. Its not defendable at all in any shape or form, they're actually an embarrassment to stand at an away game with. The incident was pretty near to where I was in the away end and bar the 20/30 idiots "having a go" (behind a line of police/stewards) the rest of the away end was commenting on how ridiculous they make us look every time we travel to an away game. I've seen this kind of thing before, but what is most worrying is that they weren't even kids who'd seen this type of thing in a film. It was grown men acting like little kids, the ripping of seats also happened on Wednesday when I had the pleasure of watching our reserves get stuffed at Sunderland.

All in all, you'll win the league by 20 points at least whilst matching Arsenals team of 2002/2003 by not losing a game. I seriously, with the players you have, can't see anything but total domination for many years. Enjoy it, don't ever moan about only winning games by 2 goals just simply enjoy what is happening in front of you. This team will be talked about for years and I'm jealous, this is what Sir John Hall wanted to do up here in the 90s but we just didn't achieve it.

I'll not wish you good luck because you don't need it. I look forward to seeing SAF's face come Easter when the league is already wrapped up. Enjoy.

well thought out analysis of game from Newcastle fan (long but worth a read)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.leazesterrace.com/tactical-analysis-man-city-3-newcastle-1-19nov11/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.leazesterrace.com/tactical-a ... 1-19nov11/</a>?

YohanCabaye said:
Once Demba Ba missed his two chances at 0-0, the outcome of the game was sealed. I can't believe how negative some of your fans are on this forum. For me, this is the best side in the Premier League by a country mile and the best thing for the fans is that you can turn up every Saturday and not worry about watching a Ryan Taylor or a Gabriel Obertan bore you to sleep. I was in the pre match thread last week and did say it would be a comfortable win, but the possession stats were more frightening than I imagined.

As for our fans (and I use that term loosely) throwing fireworks and chairs, its an absolute disgrace. Its not defendable at all in any shape or form, they're actually an embarrassment to stand at an away game with. The incident was pretty near to where I was in the away end and bar the 20/30 idiots "having a go" (behind a line of police/stewards) the rest of the away end was commenting on how ridiculous they make us look every time we travel to an away game. I've seen this kind of thing before, but what is most worrying is that they weren't even kids who'd seen this type of thing in a film. It was grown men acting like little kids, the ripping of seats also happened on Wednesday when I had the pleasure of watching our reserves get stuffed at Sunderland.

All in all, you'll win the league by 20 points at least whilst matching Arsenals team of 2002/2003 by not losing a game. I seriously, with the players you have, can't see anything but total domination for many years. Enjoy it, don't ever moan about only winning games by 2 goals just simply enjoy what is happening in front of you. This team will be talked about for years and I'm jealous, this is what Sir John Hall wanted to do up here in the 90s but we just didn't achieve it.

I'll not wish you good luck because you don't need it. I look forward to seeing SAF's face come Easter when the league is already wrapped up. Enjoy.
Thanks and I would rather see you guys get Champions League than the rest so best of luck with the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.