City vs Norwich Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
as much as we all want to do well in the champions league this season, along with many blues I believe our sole priority should be to establish ourselves once again as champions of our league.

I hope that we start with our strongest 11 and go out and put Norwich to the sword this afternoon. I am hoping that the back four will keep a clean sheet which will do well for confidence going forward and panti shows that he is capable of challenging Joe for the number 1 spot.

as someone said the other teams have games that they will be looking to win with both Liverpool & Arsenal going for a win today to keep their title aspirations in check.

3-0 win for us I am going for : )

burning blue soul said:
mancity1 said:
burning blue soul said:
I am hoping that these errors in the early stages of the season may wake a few of the team (and management) up. there are no guaranteed wins and any team in this league can beat any other given the right circumstances. strongest team today and make sure of the 3 points no use saving people when there is nothing left to save them for!!!!

costel gets my vote today, no use keeping on with joe atm, summat is up and he needs to sort it out and get back to his natural instinctive form, a rest will do him good if he approaches the situation with humility and a conviction to get back as numero uno!!!

Rest will do him good and if Pants can't make the most of his opportunity Joe will be back sooner rather than later.

If his ego and confidence is that fragile that he cracks the shits at the first signs of pressure from within the squad and the pressure to perform in a side expected to win trophies then maybe a side without those expectations is a better proposition for him.

He has talked a good talk about the expectations on the squad each week and the expectation to win things perhaps now its time for Joe to walk a little.
exactly, its the industry he works in, results driven. lots of others in the team on just as much pressure and come through(ish) e.g kolarov and garcia. its joe and clichy's turn at the moment. more is being made of this cos its a world cup year, but joe must realize the decisions he has made were costly and the finger of blame is on him, and rightly so.

Every player has a dip in form , for all sorts of reasons and Joe is not immune.

As many have said he needs to play a slightly different role with the higher line and he has to work on adjusting to it.

If you stay the same and don't work on improving your deficiencies you quickly go backwards in this caper called football.

This is a must win game if we're to stand any chance of winning the title. We just can't afford to drop to many points between now and the end of the season. We need to play our strongest team possible today, and worry about Tuesday after the Norwich. From the start we have got to play a quick passing game and keep their defenders running and tire them out. Nothing less then a thumping win will do for today and let the rest of the prem no that we're back to our best.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
as much as we all want to do well in the champions league this season, along with many blues I believe our sole priority should be to establish ourselves once again as champions of our league.

I hope that we start with our strongest 11 and go out and put Norwich to the sword this afternoon. I am hoping that the back four will keep a clean sheet which will do well for confidence going forward and panti shows that he is capable of challenging Joe for the number 1 spot.

as someone said the other teams have games that they will be looking to win with both Liverpool & Arsenal going for a win today to keep their title aspirations in check.

While I agree there is not reason we can't do both. Losing in the CL isn't going to guarantee us anything in the league. We bounced out of the CL and failed to qualify for the EL to the joy of many blues. Believing it would help us win the league. It didn't. IMO it did the opposite. Winning big games in the CL will build confidence. Plus the sooner we qualify for the knockout stage the sooner we can focus on the PL.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24778956" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24778956</a>

Mr. Aguia said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

While I agree there is not reason we can't do both. Losing in the CL isn't going to guarantee us anything in the league. We bounced out of the CL and failed to qualify for the EL to the joy of many blues. Believing it would help us win the league. It didn't. IMO it did the opposite. Winning big games in the CL will build confidence. Plus the sooner we qualify for the knockout stage the sooner we can focus on the PL.

You just have to focus on the next game and do your utmost in that game.

Winning form is good form and if you think not going 100 per cent is going to help either cause your deluding yourself.

losing our home record....... does not bear thinking about, the fall-out would be seismic, even a draw would raise so many doubts.

just watched the team arriving video on the match day page on the os and i can say joe dont look a happy man walkin threw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.