City vs Palace - Post Match Thread

It's a small point but I wanted to mention the way Nacho set up Kun's goal. He showed great patience and decision making. Many players his age would have tried to force something but he held up play and located Kun for the assist. To be fair it was a lucky deflection, but that's beside the point. Very excited about Ihenacho and for me he's got to be #2 ahead of Bony

Looked like city of 2013/14.. Silva and de Bruyne played as inverted wingers giving a lot of space to the full backs and also enabled s lot of one touch short passing with Aguero.. Don't remember us playing this way all season

It's been a no brainer for me for some time that, with everyone fit, Dinho and Delph start. One of them gets injured, and Fernando comes in. Toure should be a bench option.
Football games are often decided by momentum, and it's sometimes very hard to stop that momentum. Either you have it yourself, or you prevent the opposition getting any. Too often we totally lack it from the start, because our midfield 2 (1 when Yaya plays) are ceding the midfield to the opposition, giving momentum to them.
Has Manuel got the cojones to turn today's benching of Yaya into the norm?

Can anyone think of exactly what the ref. said to Cabeye after the 2 nd nailed on yellow card. Maybe, I aint going to send you off as I have had ten bob each way with Betfair there would be no red cards ?

It's been a no brainer for me for some time that, with everyone fit, Dinho and Delph start. One of them gets injured, and Fernando comes in. Toure should be a bench option.
Football games are often decided by momentum, and it's sometimes very hard to stop that momentum. Either you have it yourself, or you prevent the opposition getting any. Too often we totally lack it from the start, because our midfield 2 (1 when Yaya plays) are ceding the midfield to the opposition, giving momentum to them.
Has Manuel got the cojones to turn today's benching of Yaya into the norm?

Announcers in the States said that Yaya warmed up separately from the team today. Thought that was a bit odd.

remarkable what a bit of energy effort and determination can add to the side isn't it? Said pre-match i wanted to see Sterling and Navas instead of Silva and KDB and i stand by that, despite winning 4-0 i felt we were a bit too narrow and lacking ideas first half before we got a lucky breakthrough. Dropping Yaya and starting Kelechi is a good start though.

Paid particular attention to kelechi first half and it was brilliant to see he literally never stopped moving, ball went out to the left he shifted over to offer himself or made a run , if it didn't come to him he didn't stand still he simply readjusted his position and did the same thing over on the other side. It's not anything particularly brilliant but it's something we've been badly lacking in the side(even sergio doesn't move much off the ball)

Disappointed he took kelechi off when he did, he was second behind Delph imo for motm and felt a goal was coming as Palace tired. Could easily of rested somebody like KDB/Silva instead of taking the easy option and bringing him off.

Delph and Fernando were brilliant again, they shown they could perform together against Norwich and continued today, add Fernandinho into the mix and play all 3 against the better sides and we've got a formiddable midfield we can rely on to get stuck in and provide the smark and energy to the team. I suspect Yaya on the bench was just a one-off but i hope it becomes a regular thing. yaya should now be given the Lampard roll from last season. Occasional starts and late appearances rather than automatic starter.

Gutted Kolarov got injured, looked quite serious too. People on here love to slag him off but he's been one of our best and most consistent performers this season and if he's now got a lengthy spell on the sidelines he'll be missed.

Show me a post I've made where i dont rave about Kalechi.

As for Delph i still think he is a limited player but was outstanding tonight he really was and im made up for the lad. Thoroughly deserved man of the match as well.

Credit to the manager again though eh? Cant score, cant defend and we will never win the league....

....4-0 and top of the league ;-)
It came as a shock to many when the announcer pointed out we had scored the most from set pieces. I laughed at the comments that followed. Can't remember how man times I've shared my head at a ' I don't think Pelegrini practices set plays' comments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.