City Vs QPR Post match Thread

Didsbury Dave said:
ChezGaz said:
As good as he is we look more fluent and dangerous with tevez out the team. Tevez slows the play down and allows their defence to regroup sometimes whereas dzeko/aguero takes one less touch and are more direct with one touch passing
absolutely correct and a real concern for me. Nasri also brings the same problem. It was glaring in today's game.
The only thing glaring about today was us not taking our chances thats it, Tevez was mom today, how the fuck does he slow us down i cant see it was he doing it when playing with Aguero?

RandomJ said:
Bunch of moaning twats on here. I just got back and didn't think we played badly at all. Created a ton of chances and yes should have buried them and the game in the first half but still created in second half. And they hardly threatened us did they? Joe pulls off a class point blank save and it unluckily lands on Zamora's head and that is it. All we need to do is finish our chances and we're laughing.
Agreed

Ducado said:
RandomJ said:
Bunch of moaning twats on here. I just got back and didn't think we played badly at all. Created a ton of chances and yes should have buried them and the game in the first half but still created in second half. And they hardly threatened us did they? Joe pulls off a class point blank save and it unluckily lands on Zamora's head and that is it. All we need to do is finish our chances and we're laughing.
I agree

What we are good at is fighting for the win. We always step up when it's needed and it something I admire in all our players. We don't know when we are beat and we need testing to keep us sharp and on our toes.

Well, that should have been easier than it was...we're missing chances, perhaps if Sergio were fit and playing he'd have scored some of these and we'd have been 3-0 and cruising and there would not have been any of that mini panic.
How has Kolo somehow made a re-appearance in the last few weeks? I dont see any evidence on the pitch of him doing anything to merit it. We need to sharpen up at the back, sloppy passing out, people trying to run the ball out of tight spots and giving away possession. I love big Edin but he slows us down on the break and I'm not convinced he suits our style, still he scored again and worked hard.
I can see why Roberto was keen to strengthen at the back, Lescott was struggling at times and was left a bit exposed by Kolarov....he should have been hooked at half time as his crossing in the first half was iffy, he'd just been booked too and he was charging into people for a spell in the 2nd half for no apparent reason and was just inviting Foy to send him off.
I can see this season being a lot closer, other teams seem to be raising their game. Alarmingly, teams coming to the Etihad seem to have worked out that having a go at our back 4 may be the best option they have of getting something from the game. Vinnie has been a bit iffy too, sliding into tackles he's miles away from winning...stay on your feet Vincent.
Not really complaining though, another three points when we're not playing up to speed can't be bad and when you think of some of the pish we've had to endure over the past 25 years, I'll take it gratefully.
Good performances from Joe, Yaya, Silva, Tevez, Edin, Zaba...people seem to be praising Rodwell today but couldn't see it myself, he seems reluctant to move the ball forward?

pudge said:
Tevez City said:
Whenever Carlos score, Mancini's song starts !
I thought you said Carlos doesn't need us fans, so it shouldn't matter?

Did he really say that? Then he's not really a fan of Tevez even..
imo, Tevez thrives on support from the fans. If the fans started chanting his name like they do with Aguero, you can bet that he will replicate this performance game after game..

adelaideblue69 said:
still a nigling feeling tevez is playing for a transfer,teams will definitley take note now he seems to have got his act together.

Doesn't matter. If he still wants to leave, we can now get a premium for him...30-40million compared to 15-20mil before, or let him run down his contract as long as he keeps scoring goals..

Brilliant win, Dzeko needs to just sharpen his first touch and as a team be a little more clinical in and around the 18 yard box.

All in all a very good win.

RandomJ said:
RandomJ speeks da troof boiz

samharris said:
andrewmswift said:
HOLMSLICE said:
Rodwell doesn't do much, does he? I know its abit harsh, but he needs to offer a hell a lot more if he wants to get near the first 11

seen only two of your posts so far but i gotta say you sound really raggish

Dont he just..
He's great isn't he? If not a Rag then a very unhappy chap!

Bellamyend said:
the buck stops with the manager and that was a very poor team selection and performance, needs to get a grip for the champions league

worrying that of our four truly world class players, two want to leave & one is injured
hmmmmmm

Don't think we're at our fluent best, but we're unbeaten this season with one minor trophy already in the bag and we'll better. Everybody is raving about Chelsea but when they've come up against a decent team ( us,Athletico) they've been shown up for the team they are. The future is still bright and still very much Sky Blue! CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.