City Vs QPR Post match Thread

adammck said:
Fuck Yaya is so immense, I can't speak highly enough of his contribution towards our side. I felt Tevez was brilliant today, Silva is making progress towards that wizardry form we are used to and Zaba had a blinder.

In my opinion the team have looked hungover from last season in all games, but I guess it's expected due to the pre season with players here and there. I hope Mancini drills in to them to go for the throat from the get go, maybe today we were unlucky because we could have had a handful of goals another day. But it's great to see the team grinding out results when they aren't playing their best.

On negatives, well it's really Dzeko for me. I hate to be giving the man shit, and I have to give him credit for scoring an important goal, but I feel he disrupts our play. Yeah all the Dzeko fans will claim he scored a goal, but I'm pretty sure another top quality striker would have had one or two today as well. I really want him to do well for us, but I always seem to be frustrated with him.

How can a guy who scored one, assisted another and held the ball up well be a negative? What is wrong with you people?

just got back from match,thought we controlled the 1st half and could easily have been 3 up by half time.Yaya was immense,Tevez was making a nuisance of himself and to be honest i thought silva was to blame for the goal giving away pocession to easy.Hart concerns me because i think his distribution is poor along with some of his decision making,i honestly think he's getting to big for his boots and needs bringing back down a peg or 2.
In tyhe nend we got the points we deserved but towards the end thought we looked a bit sluggish

44% said:
Dzeko is very underrated , he's an asset to have , not only he provides a different dimension to the game but is quick and gets in positions to score

overall i was amazed to see city miss so many chances in the first half , yaya was very good , tevez brilliant , silva decent , rodwell good but needs to improve

I'm not sure city will get the chance to come back every game , when you play top teams , you need to bury those chances which were missed so many times in the first half ,

good luck
If Edin can learn to trap the ball better and not run like the pitch is made of treacle, then the sky's the limit.

bobmcfc said:
Rammy Blue said:
stony said:
We can't be everywhere Rammy. It would help if you reported suspected rags then they wouldn't last as long.

To be fair mate, I'd seem like a bit of a pansy if I started reporting obvious wums, generally I just ignore their posts.

So. Where was that wave I was promised ?

I kept looking over and you never turned my way for me to wave!

I'd have felt a bit daft coming over and saying, "Hello Bob".....

TCIB said:
Brilliant win, Dzeko needs to just sharpen his first touch and as a team be a little more clinical in and around the 18 yard box.

All in all a very good win.

Lets face it Dzeko was pretty poor , especially first half ....... Balotelli limbering up at least twice on the touchline was enough proof of that.

He got himself out of jail by getting on the end of Tevez's cross to score , but then put in a pityful effort on goal that fortunately clipped Tevez and flew in !

Rammy Blue said:
bobmcfc said:
Rammy Blue said:
To be fair mate, I'd seem like a bit of a pansy if I started reporting obvious wums, generally I just ignore their posts.

You saw me then ? I kept looking but didn't see you. We're you wearing a blue t shirt and shorts ?

bobmcfc said:
Rammy Blue said:
bobmcfc said:

You saw me then ? I kept looking but didn't see you. We're you wearing a blue t shirt and shorts ?
That was the players ;)

Yaya_Tony said:
supercrystal7 said:
Very good performance and very encouraging for the season. It was a good performance, but you need to become more ruthless.

Like usual Toure and Silva were class. An average game for them is still better than 99% of the league on their best day. Silva worked hard too getting back and covering his full back. Yaya like usual is not the fittest guy and sometimes won't get back as quickly as he should do, but when he is that good then you put up with it. Unless you have the 100 million to sign Schweinsteiger you are not getting any better.

Dzeko was fantastic. It says a lot he still gets stick after a performance like that. He is brilliant on the counter, quick passing and great movement. He is a very intelligent footballer and a threat from crosses. He would be my MOM. If certain members of the team had picked better passes or been less selfish he would've got a hat trick.

Spoken about Rodwell in another thread, but he showed his talent. Still not ready and makes mistakes, but against the lesser teams is the time to bleed him.

Full backs were okay, and Kolorov provided good crosses. Was solid defensively and worked hard. Lescott made a few mistakes, but the back four was solid. Lescott was more composed today than usual too. Even with the deflection Hart should have done better for the goal.

Nasri, though did not do enough in the game. He needs to step up his form. Decent performance, but not at the level of a 25 million. Has not reached the heights he should have at City, too inconsistent. Milner was poor.

As for Tevez he had a good game. Not this unplayable performance some people are making it. He was good.

Lots of positives to take from the game. The form of Toure, Silva, Dzeko and their link up. Rodwell looks like a future star. Tevez is determined to work hard and is a world class player.

Slight negatives are that Hart is not at his best and Nasri needs to pick up form.

Concerns are that you are not being ruthless enough and allowing teams to get back into matches. With an inexperienced central midfielder the defence will be more exposed, but Lescott still makes one or two mistakes per game.

Anyway on the whole a very encouraging performance and 7 points given your fixtures is fairly good.
Fair assessment, but you don't tell it like a blue. Who do you support?

I'd disagree with Nasri, personally I thought he caused them a lot of trouble, and Milner didn't get long on the pitch. The mistakes definitely need to be stamped out, though.

Support Palace. Actually watched the City match a bit later on record cos was at the game. We managed to win today and get first points of the season. Will stop the usual sack the manager calls everyone keeps shouting. Anyway we have done a Tottenham and bought a new team in the last week of the transfer window so will take a long time for things to gel. Luckily a couple of weeks to work on things.

Anyway back to City, Milner did not get long on the pitch, but had a lot of opportunities to get an assist. As for Nasri he had his moments, but far too often felt he drifted out of the game. A 25 million man commanding a regular place in the team needs to do more. Maybe I am holding Nasri to, a too high standard.

Yaya_Tony said:
bobmcfc said:
Rammy Blue said:

That was the players ;)

You have a point lol

wayne71 said:
adammck said:
Fuck Yaya is so immense, I can't speak highly enough of his contribution towards our side. I felt Tevez was brilliant today, Silva is making progress towards that wizardry form we are used to and Zaba had a blinder.

In my opinion the team have looked hungover from last season in all games, but I guess it's expected due to the pre season with players here and there. I hope Mancini drills in to them to go for the throat from the get go, maybe today we were unlucky because we could have had a handful of goals another day. But it's great to see the team grinding out results when they aren't playing their best.

On negatives, well it's really Dzeko for me. I hate to be giving the man shit, and I have to give him credit for scoring an important goal, but I feel he disrupts our play. Yeah all the Dzeko fans will claim he scored a goal, but I'm pretty sure another top quality striker would have had one or two today as well. I really want him to do well for us, but I always seem to be frustrated with him.

How can a guy who scored one, assisted another and held the ball up well be a negative? What is wrong with you people?

Just an opinion mate, like I said, credit to his contribution. But IMO I feel he disrupts the flow of our attacks more with these simple mistakes. I guess it's just what you get with Dzeko, but I feel we would be a more complete side with another player the quality of Aguero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.