City Vs QPR Post match Thread

Nothing worth moaning about today; dominated most of the match, should have been out of sight by half time but weren't, responded immediately to their equaliser and capped it off with the assist of the season from Dzeko..... Entertaining stuff and three points - which is what I'm after personally.

Plus I had Yaya first goal @ 9/1 and I've got Tevez for the golden boot at 14/1

wayne71 said:
adammck said:
Fuck Yaya is so immense, I can't speak highly enough of his contribution towards our side. I felt Tevez was brilliant today, Silva is making progress towards that wizardry form we are used to and Zaba had a blinder.

In my opinion the team have looked hungover from last season in all games, but I guess it's expected due to the pre season with players here and there. I hope Mancini drills in to them to go for the throat from the get go, maybe today we were unlucky because we could have had a handful of goals another day. But it's great to see the team grinding out results when they aren't playing their best.

On negatives, well it's really Dzeko for me. I hate to be giving the man shit, and I have to give him credit for scoring an important goal, but I feel he disrupts our play. Yeah all the Dzeko fans will claim he scored a goal, but I'm pretty sure another top quality striker would have had one or two today as well. I really want him to do well for us, but I always seem to be frustrated with him.

How can a guy who scored one, assisted another and held the ball up well be a negative? What is wrong with you people?
He wasnt on the line to block Zamoras goal was he, joking aside seems a few on here need to foam no matter what.

coleridge said:
Yaya_Tony said:
RandomJ said:
Bunch of moaning twats on here. I just got back and didn't think we played badly at all. Created a ton of chances and yes should have buried them and the game in the first half but still created in second half. And they hardly threatened us did they? Joe pulls off a class point blank save and it unluckily lands on Zamora's head and that is it. All we need to do is finish our chances and we're laughing.
RandomJ speeks da troof boiz

Yeh maan, dose doubters are livin' in da babylon.

Tevez can disrupt any team he likes! Ee eez da' biz. CTID right at yer.
Safe.

supercrystal7 said:
Very good performance and very encouraging for the season. It was a good performance, but you need to become more ruthless.

Like usual Toure and Silva were class. An average game for them is still better than 99% of the league on their best day. Silva worked hard too getting back and covering his full back. Yaya like usual is not the fittest guy and sometimes won't get back as quickly as he should do, but when he is that good then you put up with it. Unless you have the 100 million to sign Schweinsteiger you are not getting any better.

Dzeko was fantastic. It says a lot he still gets stick after a performance like that. He is brilliant on the counter, quick passing and great movement. He is a very intelligent footballer and a threat from crosses. He would be my MOM. If certain members of the team had picked better passes or been less selfish he would've got a hat trick.

Spoken about Rodwell in another thread, but he showed his talent. Still not ready and makes mistakes, but against the lesser teams is the time to bleed him.

Full backs were okay, and Kolorov provided good crosses. Was solid defensively and worked hard. Lescott made a few mistakes, but the back four was solid. Lescott was more composed today than usual too. Even with the deflection Hart should have done better for the goal.

Nasri, though did not do enough in the game. He needs to step up his form. Decent performance, but not at the level of a 25 million. Has not reached the heights he should have at City, too inconsistent. Milner was poor.

As for Tevez he had a good game. Not this unplayable performance some people are making it. He was good.

Lots of positives to take from the game. The form of Toure, Silva, Dzeko and their link up. Rodwell looks like a future star. Tevez is determined to work hard and is a world class player.

Slight negatives are that Hart is not at his best and Nasri needs to pick up form.

Concerns are that you are not being ruthless enough and allowing teams to get back into matches. With an inexperienced central midfielder the defence will be more exposed, but Lescott still makes one or two mistakes per game.

Anyway on the whole a very encouraging performance and 7 points given your fixtures is fairly good.

Many good points. One thing we rarely have is Nasri and Silva firing on all cylinders in the same game. Today, it was Silva who was better than Nasri, but it was the other way round a fortnight ago.

I thought we were very much in control today apart from one or two short passages of play but we didnt seem to be out of 1st gear which is a great sign.

Like the Southampton game we created enough goal scoring chances to bury them 4 or 5 in the 1st half alone. We definitely need to get into the mindset of putting these 'easier' games to bed as early as possible.

4-4-2 looks and feels better than 3-5-2 at present.

Rodwell looked the business and looks like he's going to be some player. Glacial at times.

Silva looked the business before tiring. His vision was world class at times.

Dzeko was his usual heavy footed, slow witted self but fair do's he did take his goal really well and definitely 'put a shift in' which is pleasing.

MCFC BOB said:
Hart 6, Zabaleta 9, Kompany 7, Lescott 6, Kolarov 7, Yaya Toure 9, Rodwell 8, Silva 7, Nasri 6, Tevez 9, Dzeko 7.
Even if '6' is the default rating, dafuq?

supercrystal7 said:
Maybe I am holding Nasri to, a too high standard.
It is fair to expect a lot from Nasri, on the same note I expect him to fulfil those expectations this season. He did well today, but didn't run the game. We have other players who do that, despite Nasri's cost. It'd be unfair to expect him to control matches from the left wing. Similarly Milner, he can't boss things from the right as he may do in the centre, unfortunately for him we are overcompensated in the middle so he has to take match time as he gets it, and can't be expected to run the show from the right wing.

As a team, we dominated today. To say anyone had a particularly bad game is nitpicking. More to come from us, especially with the new lads.

Never seem to be clinical enough these days and it let them stay in the game far longer than they should have been. At times great build up play and plenty of chances created but final pass or cross mostly not good enough. Still had enough belief to come back and take the 3 points. Rodwell MOTM for me - I was very impressed with him. Kolarov - not in the same league as Clichy so not sure why he is getting more game time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.