City Vs QPR Post match Thread

supercrystal7 said:
Very good performance and very encouraging for the season. It was a good performance, but you need to become more ruthless.

Like usual Toure and Silva were class. An average game for them is still better than 99% of the league on their best day. Silva worked hard too getting back and covering his full back. Yaya like usual is not the fittest guy and sometimes won't get back as quickly as he should do, but when he is that good then you put up with it. Unless you have the 100 million to sign Schweinsteiger you are not getting any better.

Dzeko was fantastic. It says a lot he still gets stick after a performance like that. He is brilliant on the counter, quick passing and great movement. He is a very intelligent footballer and a threat from crosses. He would be my MOM. If certain members of the team had picked better passes or been less selfish he would've got a hat trick.

Spoken about Rodwell in another thread, but he showed his talent. Still not ready and makes mistakes, but against the lesser teams is the time to bleed him.

Full backs were okay, and Kolorov provided good crosses. Was solid defensively and worked hard. Lescott made a few mistakes, but the back four was solid. Lescott was more composed today than usual too. Even with the deflection Hart should have done better for the goal.

Nasri, though did not do enough in the game. He needs to step up his form. Decent performance, but not at the level of a 25 million. Has not reached the heights he should have at City, too inconsistent. Milner was poor.

As for Tevez he had a good game. Not this unplayable performance some people are making it. He was good.

Lots of positives to take from the game. The form of Toure, Silva, Dzeko and their link up. Rodwell looks like a future star. Tevez is determined to work hard and is a world class player.

Slight negatives are that Hart is not at his best and Nasri needs to pick up form.

Concerns are that you are not being ruthless enough and allowing teams to get back into matches. With an inexperienced central midfielder the defence will be more exposed, but Lescott still makes one or two mistakes per game.

Anyway on the whole a very encouraging performance and 7 points given your fixtures is fairly good.

Dzeko was fantastic. It says a lot he still gets stick after a performance like that. He is brilliant on the counter, quick passing and great movement. He is a very intelligent footballer and a threat from crosses. He would be my MOM. If certain members of the team had picked better passes or been less selfish he would've got a hat trick.

sort your head out Crystal

terrifying_hall_photo.jpg

smithy167 said:
MCFC BOB said:
wayne71 said:
How can a guy who scored one, assisted another and held the ball up well be a negative? What is wrong with you people?
Because stats only tell half of the story.

Dzeko did his job today - he scored a goal. He's on the pitch to score goals and that's what he did. But he has to do other things as well, like control passes, or keep control of the ball every now and then, or hold up possession to allow the off-the-ball play to move around him. He can't do any of this consistently.

Dzeko is at his best in the six-yard box facing the goal, but most of our attacking play is built around movement on the edge of the area and it really doesn't help that Dzeko has next to no technical ability (or thinking speed) when compared to Tevez, Silva and Aguero. He often gets the ball stuck under his feet or doesn't gamble on low crosses.

Dzeko means well but he doesn't suit the style of football we play. He had to come deep for the ball today and influence things from thirty/forty yards out but he's not good enough to do that (that's why we lost away to Lisbon last season and why he was behind Tevez's cross which Balotelli side-footed wide against Southampton). When Aguero returns or when Silva gets back to full fitness you'll see Dzeko inside the box a lot more.

I like Dzeko but he's so frustrating to watch. We know he has the ability (Spurs away last season, Aris at home etc.) but it rarely shows. Shame.
His job is to score goals would you agree?

And there is the difference in our opinions.

smithy167 said:
MCFC BOB said:
wayne71 said:
How can a guy who scored one, assisted another and held the ball up well be a negative? What is wrong with you people?
Because stats only tell half of the story.

Dzeko did his job today - he scored a goal. He's on the pitch to score goals and that's what he did. But he has to do other things as well, like control passes, or keep control of the ball every now and then, or hold up possession to allow the off-the-ball play to move around him. He can't do any of this consistently.

Dzeko is at his best in the six-yard box facing the goal, but most of our attacking play is built around movement on the edge of the area and it really doesn't help that Dzeko has next to no technical ability (or thinking speed) when compared to Tevez, Silva and Aguero. He often gets the ball stuck under his feet or doesn't gamble on low crosses.

Dzeko means well but he doesn't suit the style of football we play. He had to come deep for the ball today and influence things from thirty/forty yards out but he's not good enough to do that (that's why we lost away to Lisbon last season and why he was behind Tevez's cross which Balotelli side-footed wide against Southampton). When Aguero returns or when Silva gets back to full fitness you'll see Dzeko inside the box a lot more.

I like Dzeko but he's so frustrating to watch. We know he has the ability (Spurs away last season, Aris at home etc.) but it rarely shows. Shame.
His job is to score goals would you agree?
Joe Hart's main job is to guard our goal but I bet you still criticise his distribution.

You see where I'm going with this.

SamCity123 said:
I actually think Kolarov is out worst player. Poor passing, crossing most of the time, poor defending, running, marking etc. I have grown to be his biggest critic, and I can't stand the bloke. Try to give him chances in game but he's always doing something wrong.

I share that opinion.

A likeable character but not good enough.

Was difficult to judge too much for me today because I watched the first half on my phone and the second on a marginally better screen. I thought we looked profligate both in attack and in defence. Tevez, Silva, and Yaya stood out but then the three of them are world class. Not sure what's going on at the back. If anyone who went to the game has a view be interesting to hear it.

supercrystal7 said:
Very good performance and very encouraging for the season. It was a good performance, but you need to become more ruthless.

Like usual Toure and Silva were class. An average game for them is still better than 99% of the league on their best day. Silva worked hard too getting back and covering his full back. Yaya like usual is not the fittest guy and sometimes won't get back as quickly as he should do, but when he is that good then you put up with it. Unless you have the 100 million to sign Schweinsteiger you are not getting any better.

Spoken about Rodwell in another thread, but he showed his talent. Still not ready and makes mistakes, but against the lesser teams is the time to bleed him.

Full backs were okay, and Kolorov provided good crosses. Was solid defensively and worked hard. Lescott made a few mistakes, but the back four was solid. Lescott was more composed today than usual too. Even with the deflection Hart should have done better for the goal.

Nasri, though did not do enough in the game. He needs to step up his form. Decent performance, but not at the level of a 25 million. Has not reached the heights he should have at City, too inconsistent. Milner was poor.

As for Tevez he had a good game. Not this unplayable performance some people are making it. He was good.

Lots of positives to take from the game. The form of Toure, Silva, Dzeko and their link up. Rodwell looks like a future star. Tevez is determined to work hard and is a world class player.

Slight negatives are that Hart is not at his best and Nasri needs to pick up form.

Concerns are that you are not being ruthless enough and allowing teams to get back into matches. With an inexperienced central midfielder the defence will be more exposed, but Lescott still makes one or two mistakes per game.

Anyway on the whole a very encouraging performance and 7 points given your fixtures is fairly good.

Absolutely adoring the positivity in this post, it's refreshing to read positive things for a change (even after a win!). Top, top post. The only thing I think you're wrong about is Nasri not being at his best. His form has been really good, you can't expect him to demolish teams every single game (only Yaya does that).

Early season, not all the players are fit, not all of them have had a pre season, now another fucking international break (only good thing is gives Balo, Barry and Aguero time to recover) When they come back playing every three days will help fitness and settling in new players I fully expect rotation I can see we will get better and better and certainly someone is due an absolute pasting if we take all our chances. Good win, three points is three points, next up Stoke away.

Seems like we are much keener to tear into the negatives than shout about the positives eh?

Good, solid start to the season - and we will get better and better. All I read before we started was how difficult we were going to find it this year. Doesn't seem that hard to me? When we sharpen up a bit in front of goal it will look pretty easy.

Seen criticism of Dzeko, Nasri, Rodwell, Tevez and Zaba in my brief look through - none justified IMO.

Dzeko is perhaps the least unreasonable criticism, but he is obviously a confidence player who is lacking in confidence, was much, much better after his goal.

Real talent there, and our role as supporters is to encourage, surely? He will pay us back big time if we do, I'm convinced.

Thought Nasri and Rodwell played well, Rodwell very well even. Certainly nothing worthy of a slating in there.

Tevez was fantastic. First name on the team sheet at the moment. And Zaba ran himself into the ground up and down that wing. Really deserved a goal - and that would have been an incredible goal.

Our approach play and movement was breathtaking at times. Hugely encouraged - think we are about to see something really special come together over the next weeks and months.

Back four is missing a bit of protection at the moment, but think that is intentional - Mancini has let them off the leash this year it seems, so we are going to have to get used to far fewer clean sheets, at least for a while.

Edin is a very useful player to have and you can't have any complaints with 2 goals 3 game. As for him being a regular starter he isn't quite good enough.

Damocles said:
supercrystal7 said:

He passed directly to the opposition on 9 occasions. That's not an exaggeration, it's the documented figures. He was tackled and lost possession on 4 separate occasions. He lost the ball due to poor control on 3 separate occasions. By my math, that's 16 times in the game that he lost possession.

No player who loses possession in the game 16 times can be said to have had a "fantastic game". His pass accuracy was 10% lower than every other outfield player on the team. It was 12% lower than his strike partner. It was 15% below the team average.
As a decent comparison, it was 18% below Robin Van Persie's against Fulham last week.

And he wasn't "brilliant on the counter". On the three occasions that he gained the ball on a counter attack, he held up the ball far too long and slowed us down resulting in their being no point of having a counter attack.

Last season, Dzeko lost the ball due to poor control more than any other player in the entire squad. 54 times in 16 starts and 14 sub appearances. I repeat, this is just from poor control. He lost the ball due to poor passing and getting tackled too.

One day, his little fan club on here is just going to have to accept the fact that he has poor control and his passing isn't great.

He's quite probably an absolutely great striker. He's also quite probably an absolutely poor Man City striker. Tevez and Aguero are great Man City strikers. Balotelli is a good Man City striker. Dzeko is a square peg in a round hole who is saved by the fact that he seems to bury one of the five chances a game that he gets.

Can't argue against any of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.