City Vs QPR Post match Thread

JBG said:
supercrystal7 said:
Very good performance and very encouraging for the season. It was a good performance, but you need to become more ruthless.

Like usual Toure and Silva were class. An average game for them is still better than 99% of the league on their best day. Silva worked hard too getting back and covering his full back. Yaya like usual is not the fittest guy and sometimes won't get back as quickly as he should do, but when he is that good then you put up with it. Unless you have the 100 million to sign Schweinsteiger you are not getting any better.

Dzeko was fantastic. It says a lot he still gets stick after a performance like that. He is brilliant on the counter, quick passing and great movement. He is a very intelligent footballer and a threat from crosses. He would be my MOM. If certain members of the team had picked better passes or been less selfish he would've got a hat trick.

Spoken about Rodwell in another thread, but he showed his talent. Still not ready and makes mistakes, but against the lesser teams is the time to bleed him.

Full backs were okay, and Kolorov provided good crosses. Was solid defensively and worked hard. Lescott made a few mistakes, but the back four was solid. Lescott was more composed today than usual too. Even with the deflection Hart should have done better for the goal.

Nasri, though did not do enough in the game. He needs to step up his form. Decent performance, but not at the level of a 25 million. Has not reached the heights he should have at City, too inconsistent. Milner was poor.

As for Tevez he had a good game. Not this unplayable performance some people are making it. He was good.

Lots of positives to take from the game. The form of Toure, Silva, Dzeko and their link up. Rodwell looks like a future star. Tevez is determined to work hard and is a world class player.

Slight negatives are that Hart is not at his best and Nasri needs to pick up form.

Concerns are that you are not being ruthless enough and allowing teams to get back into matches. With an inexperienced central midfielder the defence will be more exposed, but Lescott still makes one or two mistakes per game.

Anyway on the whole a very encouraging performance and 7 points given your fixtures is fairly good.

Absolutely adoring the positivity in this post, it's refreshing to read positive things for a change (even after a win!). Top, top post. The only thing I think you're wrong about is Nasri not being at his best. His form has been really good, you can't expect him to demolish teams every single game (only Yaya does that).

Yes good post but actually thought Lescott was very good today, i lost count how many times he cooly chested or headed it to a city player close by.

MCFC BOB said:
smithy167 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Because stats only tell half of the story.

Dzeko did his job today - he scored a goal. He's on the pitch to score goals and that's what he did. But he has to do other things as well, like control passes, or keep control of the ball every now and then, or hold up possession to allow the off-the-ball play to move around him. He can't do any of this consistently.

Dzeko is at his best in the six-yard box facing the goal, but most of our attacking play is built around movement on the edge of the area and it really doesn't help that Dzeko has next to no technical ability (or thinking speed) when compared to Tevez, Silva and Aguero. He often gets the ball stuck under his feet or doesn't gamble on low crosses.

Dzeko means well but he doesn't suit the style of football we play. He had to come deep for the ball today and influence things from thirty/forty yards out but he's not good enough to do that (that's why we lost away to Lisbon last season and why he was behind Tevez's cross which Balotelli side-footed wide against Southampton). When Aguero returns or when Silva gets back to full fitness you'll see Dzeko inside the box a lot more.

I like Dzeko but he's so frustrating to watch. We know he has the ability (Spurs away last season, Aris at home etc.) but it rarely shows. Shame.
His job is to score goals would you agree?
Joe Hart's main job is to guard our goal but I bet you still criticise his distribution.

You see where I'm going with this.

Flogging a dead horse there Bob.. Its a shame Tevez got the third today tbh cos then Dzeko would have scored the winner and then this shit wouldnt be happening...

Apparently a striker who scores goals isnt doing his job...????????????????????

Bwahahahahahaha.. fuck off and stop acting puffy.

sincity said:
pudge said:
Tevez City said:
Whenever Carlos score, Mancini's song starts !
I thought you said Carlos doesn't need us fans, so it shouldn't matter?

Did he really say that? Then he's not really a fan of Tevez even..
imo, Tevez thrives on support from the fans. If the fans started chanting his name like they do with Aguero, you can bet that he will replicate this performance game after game..

adelaideblue69 said:
still a nigling feeling tevez is playing for a transfer,teams will definitley take note now he seems to have got his act together.

Doesn't matter. If he still wants to leave, we can now get a premium for him...30-40million compared to 15-20mil before, or let him run down his contract as long as he keeps scoring goals..

agreed but the partnership with Sergio seems prolific ,where could we find someone who can play with him as easy as Tevez.Dzeko,Balo are not up to it

adelaideblue69 said:
sincity said:
pudge said:
I thought you said Carlos doesn't need us fans, so it shouldn't matter?

Did he really say that? Then he's not really a fan of Tevez even..
imo, Tevez thrives on support from the fans. If the fans started chanting his name like they do with Aguero, you can bet that he will replicate this performance game after game..

adelaideblue69 said:
still a nigling feeling tevez is playing for a transfer,teams will definitley take note now he seems to have got his act together.

Doesn't matter. If he still wants to leave, we can now get a premium for him...30-40million compared to 15-20mil before, or let him run down his contract as long as he keeps scoring goals..

agreed but the partnership with Sergio seems prolific ,where could we find someone who can play with him as easy as Tevez.Dzeko,Balo are not up to it

Aguero scored all those 30 goals last year by himself. ??

Absolutely amazes me the criticism Dzeko gets on here. He did a couple of misplaced passes, but in the main his control was good, he held the ball up well and got in lots of great positions, oh and he scored one and set one up. He's very goater-like i.e. not the best technically but knows where the onion bag is (for 75% of the people on here, Goater was a striker who used to play for city)

bored at work said:
Absolutely amazes me the criticism Dzeko gets on here. He did a couple of misplaced passes, but in the main his control was good, he held the ball up well and got in lots of great positions, oh and he scored one and set one up. He's very goater-like i.e. not the best technically but knows where the onion bag is (for 75% of the people on here, Goater was a striker who used to play for city)

some posters just dont like him...its not hard to notice. Dzeko puts more chances away than Suarez.. yet suarez is a better player.

samharris said:
MCFC BOB said:
smithy167 said:
His job is to score goals would you agree?
Joe Hart's main job is to guard our goal but I bet you still criticise his distribution.

You see where I'm going with this.

Flogging a dead horse there Bob.. Its a shame Tevez got the third today tbh cos then Dzeko would have scored the winner and then this shit wouldnt be happening...

Apparently a striker who scores goals isnt doing his job...????????????????????

Bwahahahahahaha.. fuck off and stop acting puffy.
Dzeko did his job today - he scored a goal.

Before you start acting like you know it all, actually fucking read the post.

samharris said:
bored at work said:

some posters just dont like him...its not hard to notice.

I have noticed that in my time on here, that some posters get fixated in their dislike of a player, remember that guy who hatted NDJ with a passion, it was really strange

Ducado said:
samharris said:
bored at work said:

some posters just dont like him...its not hard to notice.

I have noticed that in my time on here, that some posters get fixated in their dislike of a player, remember that guy who hatted NDJ with a passion, it was really strange

Sabster ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.