City Vs QPR Post match Thread

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:
No17 said:
I don't know what's funny about me agreeing with you? So I'm the "bad guy" if I disagree and a "bad guy" if I agree with you?

you're thinking too much mate...obviously missed the point of my post and then went on the offensive trying to offend me...nice of you...

my point was that you keep harping on about the negatives of his game every time he plays which is getting boring...I know he has them, I know what they are without your stats, I've watched him a lot longer than you have been...all I said is that you going on about it after every match is getting boring...

is that well explained for you?

Oh, so your problem isn't that Dzeko has weaknesses, it's that people point them out in a small post match review of a game? What we should do, is presume that we all have the same opinion on something and just not bother. In fact, we should close the forum because we all know what we think about City.

And I guess you missed the fact that Dzeko wasn't the only player mentioned in negatives, but curiously the only one that you, who is posting on this forum purely because it's where Dzeko plays, decided to point out and take issue with.

Funny that

Can you do me a favour and write the same post again but about Mancio ... :)

hink you beat me to it a few years back :)

Just got in from the game, to be fair we had beer and something to eat after the game. We played some good stuff in patches, and we should have been out of sight with the chances created in the first half. We deserved our win, 3 points, we will play better but we made hard work of it today! CTID

HOLMSLICE said:
did anyone else find themselves laughing at despair at some of dzeko's attempts at football today??? He mixes the average with rediculous shitness. It can be quite funny.

Fuck me. Happy with RVP are we?

ChezGaz said:
As good as he is we look more fluent and dangerous with tevez out the team. Tevez slows the play down and allows their defence to regroup sometimes whereas dzeko/aguero takes one less touch and are more direct with one touch passing
Couldn't agree less, what a load of nonsensical waffle!

Not read the whole of the thread but seen enough posts to reinforce the view that it's weird how many people see the game in a different light than others, tv obviously gives an alternative perspective but also where people sit at the ground.

My opinion for what it's worth.....

I thought we were pretty poor overall today, considering we've played 2 absolute wank sides at home we've made extremely hard work of getting 6 points that last season we'd have absolutely pissed getting.

Not having Sergio available is a main deficiency as I think he'd have had a field day against both of these sides.

On to today, players that stood out as having good games for me were Rodwell, Yaya, Carlos and nice to see Silva getting back to somewhere near his best.

My view, and I've stuck to this since before the end of last season, is that 4-2-2-2 with Nasri and Silva wide just doesn't work. Of course we've won plenty of games with it but I don't think it's anywhere near as strong as 4-2-3-1 with Yaya advanced.

On to my negatives....

Kolarov is fucking hopeless, god knows why Bob started him ahead of Clichy. Don't give a fuck if he's had a couple of days off for his new-born but Clichy should have started. Shit decision to go with AK.

Lescott looking particularly shaky. Usual sketch of horrific control and utter panic whenever it's passed to him and he's put under pressure.

Fuck knows about Edin. Has the great habit of scoring yet at times he looks like an absolute donkey who can't even control the most basic of passes into him. Baffling.

Hopefully one positive from today is that Bob will realise that Kolo should only ever get onto the pitch again if we literally have no other option available. I think I'd prefer Platt or Kidd to play for us than that useless sack of shit. Absolute liability. Fucking hopeless.

Anyway, all said and done, we've got 7 points and won 2 out of 2 at home. Played pretty rank average and can obviously improve massively. Not the end of the world but fuck me we need to improve as I don't expect to be biting fingernails against shite like the Saints and QPR.

EaglesFan said:
Dzeko will be pissed about this game :-) (although he will be most happy about three points) - he should've had a hattrick with the runs he was making - the delivery just WASNT THERE.

Kolarov poor decision in the first half - Dzeko on the goal-line with the empty net.

Rodwell poor pass in the first half - Dzeko alone in front of the keeper to slot it in.

Milner cross in the second half - Dzeko all by himself on the back post, by a mile.

Milner run on the right - goes for the cut-back with Dzeko on the goal line AGAIN by himself...

Roberto - if you want best out of Edin, please watch the tape and address this shit.

I completely agree with that and I have to add this:

City without Dzeko - 90 minutes - 0 goals
City with Dzeko - 180 minutes - 8 goals

ooooooooo Edin Dzeko

Rammy Blue said:
Not read the whole of the thread but seen enough posts to reinforce the view that it's weird how many people see the game in a different light than others, tv obviously gives an alternative perspective but also where people sit at the ground.

I thought we were pretty poor overall today, considering we've played 2 absolute wank sides at home we've made extremely hard work of getting 6 points that last season we'd have absolutely pissed getting.

Not having Sergio available is a main deficiency as I think he'd have had a field day against both of these sides.

On to today, players that stood out as having good games for me were Rodwell, Yaya, Carlos and nice to see Silva getting back to somewhere near his best.

My view, and I've stuck to this since before the end of last season, is that 4-2-2-2 with Nasri and Silva wide just doesn't work. Of course we've won plenty of games with it but I don't think it's anywhere near as strong as 4-2-3-1 with Yaya advanced.

On to my negatives....

Kolarov is fucking hopeless, god knows why Bob started him ahead of Clichy. Don't give a fuck if he's had a couple of days off for his new-born but Clichy should have started. Shit decision to go with AK.

Lescott looking particularly shaky. Usual sketch of horrific control and utter panic whenever it's passed to him and he's put under pressure.

Fuck knows about Edin. Has the great habit of scoring yet at times he looks like an absolute donkey who can't even control the most basic of passes into him. Baffling.

Hopefully one positive from today is that Bob will realise that Kolo should only ever get onto the pitch again if we literally have no other option available. I think I'd prefer Platt or Kidd to play for us than that useless sack of shit. Absolute liability. Fucking hopeless.

Anyway, all said and done, we've got 7 points and won 2 out of 2 at home. Played pretty rank average and can obviously improve massively. Not the end of the world but fuck me we need to improve as I don't expect to be biting fingernails against shite like the Saints and QPR.
Dzeko scored again, and some great hold up play and control. He made some mistakes as well.

We played some great football, and created so many great opportunities. Yes we should have buried them but that summary is way too negative. Pretty rank average was the finishing, but the build up play was outstanding

nicaze said:
EaglesFan said:
Dzeko will be pissed about this game :-) (although he will be most happy about three points) - he should've had a hattrick with the runs he was making - the delivery just WASNT THERE.

Kolarov poor decision in the first half - Dzeko on the goal-line with the empty net.

Rodwell poor pass in the first half - Dzeko alone in front of the keeper to slot it in.

Milner cross in the second half - Dzeko all by himself on the back post, by a mile.

Milner run on the right - goes for the cut-back with Dzeko on the goal line AGAIN by himself...

Roberto - if you want best out of Edin, please watch the tape and address this shit.

I completely agree with that and I have to add this:

City without Dzeko - 90 minutes - 0 goals
City with Dzeko - 180 minutes - 8 goals

ooooooooo Edin Dzeko
Great another fanboy....

Probably nothing and not worth a thread on its own but Silva did not look happy when he came, we need to get him signed up on a contract quickly we cant have another De Jong situation.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:24 am --<br /><br />
Rammy Blue said:

On to my negatives....

Great post and I agree with everything you said especially about the formation, if we play that against Arsenal in a few weeks we will be battered it is way to open.

Marvin said:
Rammy Blue said:

On to my negatives....

Dzeko scored again, and some great hold up play and control. He made some mistakes as well.

We played some great football, and created so many great opportunities. Yes we should have buried them but that summary is way too negative. Pretty rank average was the finishing, but the build up play was outstanding
Pinpoint examples from each player and from one side of the pitch to the other, 2nd half slightly less so and not all the time but we can knock it about easily enough if we want to, which with one eye on Champions League is the best thing I took from the game, the passing. Not to mention the players yet to come in, they will add to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.