City Vs QPR Post match Thread

Danamy said:
The one thing that stood out for me they need to pick up the training, we don't look up to full speed and we're short on fitness.

We're controlling the pace of the game for long periods and have the majority of possession yet it's us that looks tired as the game goes on.

The big plus today was that it showed Rodwell has a big future if he keeps listening and learns
They didn't train today, they never do on the pitch so how did it stand out?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Damocles said:
No17 said:
seems convenient for you to emphasize my saying how you don't like dzeko and completely ignoring the fact that your Inzaghi comment was as stupid as it can get, which was the point I was mostly referring to...

Because it was daft. Inzaghi will never go down as "one of the greats". Ask 10 people to name the 50 greatest strikers ever and he'll be maybe 2 lists. That's the point, people thought Inzaghi was great until they watched him. In reality, he had good movement to find good positions but his finishing was poor. He needed several chances to score, every single game. He was not a man you could rely on to bury the ball in the one chance you had in a high pressure game.

anyway I concluded that you don't like Edin as a player (not as a person as you seem to have concluded) simply because all you've been saying all night is how shit he is and went to great distance to bring out all the negative stats you had about him...

Yes, those two posts that I made criticising him for giving the ball away is obviously me calling him shite all night. And there's no such thing as negative stats. There's just stats. Dzeko gave the ball away 16 times today. This is a fact. I'm sorry it affects your world-view so badly, but you'll have to learn to deal with it.

how about bringing something positive out after this win, because in today's performance he had far more positives than negatives...

Because I post on here to discuss City, not all sit around and suck each other off?

You're wasting your time mate. Several people on here cannot make the distinction between simple observation and slagging. If you criticise any aspect of a City player's game it must mean you hate him, according to them. As you correctly state, the stats on Dzeko's control are damning. And to pre-empt the suggestion (not from you, obviously) that I too 'hate' Dzeko, quite simply I don't. From interviews he comes across as modest and likeable, and he has good qualities to his game in that he makes good runs, has a nice line in raking passes, and frequently takes up good scoring positions. However, his touch, particularly with his back to goal, is woeful, his finishing is so-so at best, and at the moment he looks like he's playing in diving boots on a pitch made of treacle. I have no evidence, but he looks to me like he's put on a few pounds in weight, with consequent negative effects on his touch and balance

The thing is, quite a few have posted that his touch was pretty decent today and i agree. You may be one of those who appreciates a certain type of player (like Aguero let's say) who can play a more dominant ground game..The thing is, what you don't get is that you can't have a winning team without the aerial threat (unless you're a team with Messi)..This has been shown over and over as it's hard to break down good defensive teams with just the ground game. Balo and Dzeko are quite similar in that they aren't that quick, they don't hold up play that well (Balo very frequently just goes down) but they're very important for when crosses come in. If anyone thinks we'll win without having quite possible 2 of the most dangerous aerial threats out there, you're dreaming. I'll never put down Aguero for not being able to score header goals(and he's had quite a few chances) and same way i won't put Edin down for not being amazing at some aspects of Aguero's game. Also, at the end of the day, stats (and more importantly consistency in those stats) is far more important than how someone looks on the pitch. Would you rather have someone look very good out there with the ball but very rarely score? It's easy to get those players.

Damocles said:
No17 said:
as you both have failed to notice I have never said that he is brilliant with his control, I agree that he is not good at coming deep for the ball or playing with his back to goal, I just made a conclusion based on the fact that same people bring out only the negative stats every time he plays...but play his game, stick him in the box and make the pass (which didn't happen today, kolarov, milner...) and he'll stick it in the net...is he better than aguero, tevez...no he isn't but he has advantages that can be exploited...

he frustrates me most of the time just as much as he frustrates you but I don't go harping on about his 16 misplaced passes or whatever...

So you're saying that Dzeko has poor control, and isn't suited to City's style of play?

It's funny that you're actually agreeing with every single thing that you picked up in the original post as somehow offensive to your sensibilities.

I have opinions and like to back them up with something concrete rather than just saying "FACT!! END OF". I'm sorry if this also offends your sensibilities. I was talking about how much he gave the ball away due to bad passing and poor control thus used the passing and control statistics to illustrate this. You see these as "negative statistics" which is a misnomer. Statistics don't have a personality, you saw them as negative because they made Dzeko look bad. They made Dzeko look bad because they showed he gave away the ball a lot. If I was talking about his shooting, I would have used the shooting statistics to back up my point.

I don't know what's funny about me agreeing with you? So I'm the "bad guy" if I disagree and a "bad guy" if I agree with you?

you're thinking too much mate...obviously missed the point of my post and then went on the offensive trying to offend me...nice of you...

my point was that you keep harping on about the negatives of his game every time he plays which is getting boring...I know he has them, I know what they are without your stats, I've watched him a lot longer than you have been...all I said is that you going on about it after every match is getting boring...

is that well explained for you?

No17 said:
Damocles said:
Because it was daft. Inzaghi will never go down as "one of the greats". Ask 10 people to name the 50 greatest strikers ever and he'll be maybe 2 lists. That's the point, people thought Inzaghi was great until they watched him. In reality, he had good movement to find good positions but his finishing was poor. He needed several chances to score, every single game. He was not a man you could rely on to bury the ball in the one chance you had in a high pressure game.

Yes, those two posts that I made criticising him for giving the ball away is obviously me calling him shite all night. And there's no such thing as negative stats. There's just stats. Dzeko gave the ball away 16 times today. This is a fact. I'm sorry it affects your world-view so badly, but you'll have to learn to deal with it.

Because I post on here to discuss City, not all sit around and suck each other off?

You're wasting your time mate. Several people on here cannot make the distinction between simple observation and slagging. If you criticise any aspect of a City player's game it must mean you hate him, according to them. As you correctly state, the stats on Dzeko's control are damning. And to pre-empt the suggestion (not from you, obviously) that I too 'hate' Dzeko, quite simply I don't. From interviews he comes across as modest and likeable, and he has good qualities to his game in that he makes good runs, has a nice line in raking passes, and frequently takes up good scoring positions. However, his touch, particularly with his back to goal, is woeful, his finishing is so-so at best, and at the moment he looks like he's playing in diving boots on a pitch made of treacle. I have no evidence, but he looks to me like he's put on a few pounds in weight, with consequent negative effects on his touch and balance

as you both have failed to notice I have never said that he is brilliant with his control, I agree that he is not good at coming deep for the ball or playing with his back to goal, I just made a conclusion based on the fact that same people bring out only the negative stats every time he plays...

he frustrates me most of the time just as much as he frustrates you but I don't go harping on about his 16 misplaced passes or whatever...

I agree.

we had 16 attempts or so at goal today, where are the posts berating the other players who didnt score their chances or who fucked up with a misplaced pass etc blah blah blah. ??

If we are going to be critical let criticise everyone for a 3-1 home win that wasnt up to the super high standards that the modern day City fan expects...Or should I say demands week in week out...

Football isnt an exact science,its unscripted and fallable..thats what makes it the game that it is...the most important thing of any game is the 3 points for the win..

samharris said:
No17 said:

as you both have failed to notice I have never said that he is brilliant with his control, I agree that he is not good at coming deep for the ball or playing with his back to goal, I just made a conclusion based on the fact that same people bring out only the negative stats every time he plays...

I agree.

we had 16 attempts or so at goal today, where are the posts berating the other players who didnt score their chances or who fucked up with a misplaced pass etc blah blah blah. ??

If we are going to be critical let criticise everyone for a 3-1 home win that wasnt up to the super high standards that the modern day City fan expects...Or should I say demands week in week out...

Football isnt an exact science,its unscripted and fallable..thats what makes it the game that it is...the most important thing of any game is the 3 points for the win..

thank you

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
All the defenders were a 6 for me including Hart who has still yet to make a save this year.
Made several just today mate, for the record.

Otherwise his scores aren't too far off, but it is all subjective, opinions mate.

im not edin's biggest fan but i thought he had a really good game, especially 2nd half.

im not expecting tevez-like performances from dzeko every week but if he can do what he did today (act as a target man, head the ball, hold the ball, make space and keep possession, get in the right areas and score a goal) on a regular basis then i'll be very happy. i thought his touch was good on the whole, something which is often lacking

HellasLEAF said:
quick question lads as I've been away for a bit and not on top of all things City.

why no Gael Clichy again? Though he was back from the birth of his kid and all…

thought he was nailed on and yet we persist with Kolarov??

bump, anyone??
He's still at the barbers getting his next comical excuse for a haircut done, looks like pubic crop circles on his bonce most weeks!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.