City Vs Reading Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shorey showed against United that Reading are a threat from set piece delivery.

They have to get the ball, though.

If the crowd comes and expects to walk it, sometimes it filters through to the players and it never turns out how it should.

However, if we score inside the first ten minutes, I think we could see a hat-trick from Aguero and one of Tevez or Yaya.

I will go for 7-0, just to be on the conservative side.

When Madrid came to town we played Kolarov on the left and Maicon on the right. Potentially I think that is a really exciting formation but it was not the right opposition to test the formation against. Reading at home is IMO precisely the sort of game where we should give that a shout. If it doesn't work, we can easily go to plan B.

I'd like to see this team:

Hart

Maicon kompany nastasic clichy Kolarov

Yaya Barry

Silva Dzeko Aguero

Dzeko has been generally poor when he has started (but been fantastic as a sub on the 70 mins mark) but he hasn't had a huge amount of service. Kolarov and Maicon overlapping and putting balls into the box might see a very different Dzeko.

If it doesn't work, we can swap Garcia for Dzeko (releasing Yaya upfield), nasri for Kolarov if we want to go to 4-2-3-1, Tevez for Dzeko, zaba for Maicon if he is pants. lots of options.

Last night's result at the Madejski was the worst possible for us. The number of times in my life I have seen a club lose at home and the get a result in their next match away (just as Man U losing to Cluj just before they came to the Etihad was a bad omen for us. I just knew it).
Not only did Reading lose, they got battered, and - believe me - when a club gets battered at home their next away match is always a big improvement, with the manager shoring (Shorey?) up their defence to avoid a repeat embarrassment.
The omens are bad, and, combined with a complacent assumption amongst some that we'll bag a hatful, I have a horrible feeling that the script isn't going to turn out as planned. And I have followed football for longer than many of you - I know whereof I speak. I'm not a negative doom-monger, just warning you to watch the signs and beware.
Having said that, how often do we lose two consecutive home games? There's a comfort for us all. But if it does go belly-up, I shall come back on here and say "I told you so".
I know these things.

Chris in London said:
When Madrid came to town we played Kolarov on the left and Maicon on the right. Potentially I think that is a really exciting formation but it was not the right opposition to test the formation against. Reading at home is IMO precisely the sort of game where we should give that a shout. If it doesn't work, we can easily go to plan B.

I'd like to see this team:

Hart

Maicon kompany nastasic clichy Kolarov

Yaya Barry

Silva Dzeko Aguero

Dzeko has been generally poor when he has started (but been fantastic as a sub on the 70 mins mark) but he hasn't had a huge amount of service. Kolarov and Maicon overlapping and putting balls into the box might see a very different Dzeko.

If it doesn't work, we can swap Garcia for Dzeko (releasing Yaya upfield), nasri for Kolarov if we want to go to 4-2-3-1, Tevez for Dzeko, zaba for Maicon if he is pants. lots of options.

I was thinking about this one myself (not sure who would be the 3 at the back though with Vinnie maybe still injured and Kolo playing so well; also, Lescott should start this game).

I don't know if Kolarov is going to be fit either though as he might not want to rush back just in case.

Also, Reading have decent speed down the channels so the 3 at the back might be exposed on the counter attack.

<a class="postlink" href="http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=116741&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopi ... 1&start=20</a>

They REALLY don't fancy their chances.

GazM said:
corky1970 said:
always worried me when a team comes to us on a "bad run"

we seem to let them end it

^This. Does anyone honestly think it'll be anything other than a fraught 1-0 to us ? or worse!

Probably.. But depending on their set up and if we play like did for the first half on Saturday then who knows..

I just want us to properly play a team off the park and clinically demolish them..

Reading their forum for some reason I now have a really bad feeling about this game! Play our strongest team and we should win but.... Please do not do a typical city!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.