City vs Real Madrid Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labatt Blue said:
lionheart said:
Labatt Blue said:
If we beat Real and Ajax beat Dortmund...then we beat Dortmund and the other two draw we will all have 8 points..then who goes through?
We are definitely NOT going to beat Dortmund in their fortress of a stadium, so why even talk about qualifying? The best we can hope for is third place and the Europa League. We had our chances and failed to take them. Sad but true. More important to concentrate on not losing to Chelski at the bridge.
Doesn't answer the question though..does anybody .

Mikecini said:
Labatt Blue said:
lionheart said:
We are definitely NOT going to beat Dortmund in their fortress of a stadium, so why even talk about qualifying? The best we can hope for is third place and the Europa League. We had our chances and failed to take them. Sad but true. More important to concentrate on not losing to Chelski at the bridge.
Doesn't answer the question though..does anybody .
I guess not!
It looks like if we and Ajax win tomorrow then a win in Germany and we go through...not out of the question with confidence growing..I think if we win tomorrow we will get through..Vinny from a corner, Aguero and Nasri the other 2 for the win
Why not?

Hart
Maicon
Kompany
Nastatic
Zabaleta
Barry
Milner
Yaya
Silva
Aguero
Tevez

Really can't see us winning this one. But I never believed I would be watching city v real Madrid in the champions league, so I'm looking forward to it. What a shame there's not much riding on it.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Young Blue said:
Heard a rumour clichys out is it true?

saw this too - it would be sensible to rest him anyway with chelsea on saturday (given his leg injury), although ronaldo v kolarov is a petrifying thought!!

it would be zaba or maicon vs ronaldo, ronaldo plays on the left

going for another 3 - 2 this time, us being the winners.

madrid couldn't handle yaya when he got on the ball in space, expect him to start in an advanced position;

-------------------Hart-------------------
--Zabaleta---Kompany--Nastasic---Kolarov---
--------------Milner---Barry---------------
----Silva--------Yaya Toure-------Nasri-----
------------------Aguero------------------

if he isn't advanced from the start;

-------------------Hart-------------------
--Zabaleta---Kompany--Nastasic---Kolarov---
--------------Yaya---Barry---------------
----Silva---------Aguero-------Nasri-------
---------------Edin Dzeko-----------------

Been thinking more about this since my original post in this thread, I definately don't think we can go with just one striker, web only got going in Madrid when we had Edin on next to Tevez.

We have nothing to lose so let's just go for it, lets play our own game with our usual formation.

--------------------Hart-----------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Nastasic--Kolarov
---------------Yaya-----Barry-----------
Maicon--------Agüero-------------Silva
------------------Džeko-----------------

I would have Maicon on the wing because for me he is our best crosser of the ball and perfect for Edin, he will add some stability on that right side stopping Ronaldo.

Two striker with Edin holding the ball up an Kun playing off him, Silva there to add some through balls and play with some freedom.

sam-caddick said:
Been thinking more about this since my original post in this thread, I definately don't think we can go with just one striker, web only got going in Madrid when we had Edin on next to Tevez.

We have nothing to lose so let's just go for it, lets play our own game with our usual formation.

--------------------Hart-----------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Nastasic--Kolarov
---------------Yaya-----Barry-----------
Maicon--------Agüero-------------Silva
------------------Džeko-----------------

I would have Maicon on the wing because for me he is our best crosser of the ball and perfect for Edin, he will add some stability on that right side stopping Ronaldo.

Two striker with Edin holding the ball up an Kun playing off him, Silva there to add some through balls and play with some freedom.

you have a point about the right side, but if mancini does go for this tactic i think he'll be using milner on the right (if fit)

GoMancini7 said:
Madrid plays with 3 midfielders in the middle so Mancini will do the same. Itis not like they have to change their basic tactics, but we have to change from what we play in PL. First points of their dominance but that is CL.

Last time they went for a defensive trio Essien-Khedira-Xabi A. but still they were dominating us, Barry+Garcia couldnt stop them and they ended up with long shots many times, all their goals came from long shots and if Hart is not that good it could have been 4-5.

I think we shouldnt be defensive minded at all this time, we are nearly out of this competition and surely will be when Dortmund will be 2-0 in first half in Amsterdam.

Attack them without fear but of course without the careless defensive mistakes.
If we attack with real pace not many teams can stop us. Leave the slow build ups as we will lose the ball to them and their counters are very good.

They rarely meet a team in their league with an attacking quarter like Silva, Yaya, Agüero, Tevez so at least we should try them, make their life harder with fast passing, shots.

Instead of inviting them to our half, sitting deep hoping for a draw.

Mentality will be key for me. Going out from CL with pride and good mentality or not. This is at stakes now.
Also think if we want EL we have to win at least one match and see better chance for it at home vs. Madrid than in Dortmund Arena. Away from home we are shit in Europe, Kijev, Sporting, Napoli, Bayern showed it. Dont trust that much we can get the 3 point there. Maybe in a magical night vs. Madrid on Wednesday.

But only with the right mentality and gameplan. We are unbeaten at home in europe since 2008, in the league since about 40 matches.

Good post that.. particularly the point about dropping the slow build up..

attack them and attck quickly and directly..if we lose posession for a minute, PRESS AND WIN IT BACK !!

keep a high line and keep THEM under pressure

Go for it Blues..

I can't wait.. I promise even to get the N stand to sing !!! (OK let's keep it realistic and just hop for a City win!!)

Marca Front page:

[bigimg]http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2012/11/20/g2011.81752da0192cf9c94e31b19dcd6e4500.jpg[/bigimg]

Just heard that Madrid won't be training at the stadium tonight, they are training in Madrid and flying in later. The manager and a player will still be at the press conference though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.