City vs Real Madrid Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will lose. I'm already over the disappointment of the CL let's focus on retaining the league and come back stronger next year.

Mourinho's selection for tomorrow.

REAL MADRID SELECTION:
Goalkeepers: Casillas, Adán y Jesús.
Defenders: Varane, Arbeloa, Albiol, Coentrão, Ramos, Pepe y Nacho.
Midfielders: Khedira, Kaká, Xabi Alonso, Modric, Di María, Callejón, Özil y Cheryshev.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo y Benzema.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Cant believe some posters want us to play our reserves this is a monumental game in our history, at home to one of footballs biggest clubs.

Why ? sometimes you have to lose the odd battle to win the war. And i dont think this is a monumental game. If we win, lose or draw it changes nothing about our relaistic chances of winning this competition.

Winning on Sunday however does have a major impact on winning the Premiership in my opinion.

we need our strongest side out tommorrow firstly to avoid embarassment and then to win the game n show we are a force to be recognised with in europe cmon city

sidey said:
we need our strongest side out tommorrow firstly to avoid embarassment and then to win the game n show we are a force to be recognised with in europe cmon city

Exactly, if we put out a weak side we will get put to the sword. especially as this is must win for Madrid as well.

We will look a emarrassment if we lose heavily and the club won't want the bad press, plus, if we do win this then I think that will give us a huge confidence boost for next season.

What we are lacking in the Champions League is a big win from a big team, if we can overcome that then who knows what can happen, for me it could unlock our potential in the CL.

HorshamBlue said:
We are where we are with our points and goal difference. Would really like City to do well but go out of Europe completely this year. Like 4th place with all teams on 8 points. Not disgraced, just unlucky, like last year. And hope for an easier group next year.

Going out of Europe completely makes an easier group next year less probable. If we go out completely we could slide into Pot 3 next season. If we go into Europa League and do OK, we might stay in the same place or even edge closer to Pot 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.