City vs Roma Post Match Thread

Alty_Blue said:
It's been said before but it's fucking annoying how good a pundit Gary Neville is.

Hate the rag twat but I have to concede he has got a good understanding of the game talks a lot of sense unlike that scally goon Caragher.

Baker Boy said:
I honestly believe we're better suited in Europe with no Yaya,
What Neville has just said that "playing your best players doesn't mean that's your best team" and "you cannot be outnumbered against the big teams in Europe, ever".., He's spot on!

The way Fernando and Fernandinho worked in midfield tonight is exactly how we should play away from home in all knock out games coming up in the new year.

Now that might mean including Yaya as well, or not, but tonight showed what we haven't had in the past and what we need ongoing in Europe.

Stoned Rose said:
That my friends is how to do the CL.

451 with a solid as fuck midfield and a measured (even dare I say it boring) approach.

Hopefully MP sticks with it from now on.

Not bad for a 1 man team that ;)

Will be even deadlier with Aguero, Silva & Kompany.

Defence was worrying at times though.

Very impressive assured win without our key players starting or even playing. Nasri was superb, Motm. Clichy was great. Hart made important saves. Dzeko worked hard when he clearly was not yet sharp enough. Milner, navas, fern all good. Jovetic and silva came on and livened things up a lot.

Roma had plenty of chances too. Hit the post, off the line and afew really close chances in the opening 20 mins. On another day or actually on our previously typical CL day, they could have won. So credit to them.

Bluemoon115 said:
bluestu1968 said:
Baker Boy said:
I honestly believe we're better suited in football with no Yaya.

+ 1
+2

i think there is a balance. i think with Ya Ya against the right opposition we are top boss, but there is a time, such as tonight, where we have to accept that actually we are better suited without him. Always play your best team but realise what your best team is in context.

CaliforniaBlue said:
This is starting to become a habit with Nasri;

Scored the winner in the Capital One Cup Final.
Scored the winner against West Ham to win the Prem.
Scored the winner against Roma to put us into the group stages.

Criticize him all you like, he talked the talk before the Bayern game and he's walked the walk to back it up.
Certainly did, great performance, again, from one of City's top players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.