City vs Roma Post Match Thread

Yaya doesn't have the mobility and graft about him to suceed in Europe and isn't solid defensively whereas Ferna and Fernando are better in that regard.

Great effort tonight by the lads. The Ferns were both superb but I thought Samir Nasri was motm. Not to mention two crucial saves by Joe. Proud to be a Blue tonight.

shemnel said:
Bluemoon115 said:
bluestu1968 said:
+2

i think there is a balance. i think with Ya Ya against the right opposition we are top boss, but there is a time, such as tonight, where we have to accept that actually we are better suited without him. Always play your best team but realise what your best team is in context.
It's like ratboy's just said, your best team doesn't mean all your best players playing.

The midfield that finished the game, with Aguero and Kompany. We can do very good things in this comp.

Let's not overdo the Better without Yaya. There were times against Bayern when we really missed him despite the win.

He cannot be part of a midfield two but can be part of a midfield 3. He is suspended next game anyway so we will see.

Finally. A proper ntelligent European performance. That result against Bayern has transformed the mindset. Whisper it quietly but we may have just seen our defining European games. As long as we no longer see Yaya in a 2 man midfield (or any 2 man midfield combo for that matter) and continue with a one out and out striker option we can start to put down our marker in the CL.

It's been one hell of week so far...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.