City vs Roma Post Match Thread

pikku said:
Fantastic result, Fernandinho and Fernando , along with Samir were absolutely brilliant today..

Thank god someone else saw how good Fernandinho & Fernando were. Bets performance i have seen from a midfield pair for a long time.

Stephenhakin said:
pikku said:
Fantastic result, Fernandinho and Fernando , along with Samir were absolutely brilliant today..

Thank god someone else saw how good Fernandinho & Fernando were. Bets performance i have seen from a midfield pair for a long time.

Talking to a Roma fan last night after the game and he said they just hit a brick wall and couldn't get through.

After the first 15 mins they broke up everything they threw at us, great performance and understanding from the pair of them.

Everyone played at motm levels other than Dzeko (poor/lazy in the second half) and Mangala (MDM was pressing more so not surprising that his partner would be more in the background).

Jovetic was great when he came on. Deserves a lot of credit for the 2nd goal.

Delighted still.

TonyM said:
Everyone played at motm levels other than Dzeko (poor/lazy in the second half) and Mangala (MDM was pressing more so not surprising that his partner would be more in the background).

Jovetic was great when he came on. Deserves a lot of credit for the 2nd goal.

Delighted still.

He played his part and put a great shift in and was spent at the end, the sub should've come 5 mins earlier because you could see he was fucked.

Hihosilva said:
My player ratings:

Hart - 9
Zabaleta - 8
Demichelis - 8
Mangala - 7
Clichy -8
Fernandho -8
Fernandinho -9
Milner -7
Nasri -8
Navas - 6
Dzeko - 6

I probably would give Samir a 9 too but agree totally with this

Hihosilva said:
My player ratings:

Hart - 9
Zabaleta - 8
Demichelis - 8
Mangala - 7
Clichy -8
Fernandho -8
Fernandinho -9
Milner -7
Nasri -8
Navas - 6
Dzeko - 6

I down't know if you're fishing, but after last night display, giving any player less than a 9 is a disgrace ( Milner, Mangala and Nasri a 7, are you fooking serious ???!!! ).
To me, the team clicked since the win against the Swans at home three weeks ago. Game after game, we were coming back to our old rampant self since that game.
And the epitome came last night.
What a way to go through to the next round ! Beating the second best Italian team at there own place while they never lost to any English team before is nothing short of legendary stuff.
I am over the Blue Moon since yesterday.

Let's have a minute of silence to all those plastic flappers who wrote us off the league and CL since early October.

Our most complete CL performance since we entered the competition. From back to front everybody was bang on. Professional, hungry, intelligent in their play.

Special mentions for Mangala, Nasri, and Fernando. Three much Bluemoon maligned players, who showed that they can make a difference when it matters.

ZZmaestro said:
Hihosilva said:
My player ratings:

Hart - 9
Zabaleta - 8
Demichelis - 8
Mangala - 7
Clichy -8
Fernandho -8
Fernandinho -9
Milner -7
Nasri -8
Navas - 6
Dzeko - 6

I down't know if you're fishing, but after last night display, giving any player less than a 9 is a disgrace ( Milner, Mangala and Nasri a 7, are you fooking serious ???!!! ).
To me, the team clicked since the win against the Swans at home three weeks ago. Game after game, we were coming back to our old rampant self since that game.
What a way to go through to the next round ! Beating the second best Italian team at there own place while they never lost to any English team before is nothing short of legendary stuff.

Let's have a minute of silence to all those plastic flappers who wrote us off the league and CL since early October.

If you look closely I gave Nasri -8, but if your suggesting that I give Dzeko 9 I would looking through blue tinted glasses.
It's just my opinion

Hihosilva said:
ZZmaestro said:
Hihosilva said:
My player ratings:

Hart - 9
Zabaleta - 8
Demichelis - 8
Mangala - 7
Clichy -8
Fernandho -8
Fernandinho -9
Milner -7
Nasri -8
Navas - 6
Dzeko - 6

If you look closely I gave Nasri -8, but if your suggesting that I give Dzeko 9 I would looking through blue tinted glasses.
It's just my opinion

Dzeko was most definitely a 6. Did some neat stuff in the first half. Actually used his physical side and had a nice touch or two. He faded in the 2nd half probably due to him not being match fit. Did ok though but a 6 is fair.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. One of the top five teams in the world beating runners up of Seria A. That's not a big deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.