Mangala - 7
Clichy -8
Fernandho -8
Fernandinho -9
Milner -7
Nasri -8
Navas - 6
Dzeko - 6

I down't know if you're fishing, but after last night display, giving any player less than a 9 is a disgrace ( Milner, Mangala and Nasri a 7, are you fooking serious ???!!! ).
To me, the team clicked since the win against the Swans at home three weeks ago. Game after game, we were coming back to our old rampant self since that game.
And the epitome came last night.
What a way to go through to the next round ! Beating the second best Italian team at there own place while they never lost to any English team before is nothing short of legendary stuff.
I am over the Blue Moon since yesterday.

Let's have a minute of silence to all those plastic flappers who wrote us off the league and CL since early October.

If you look closely I gave Nasri -8, but if your suggesting that I give Dzeko 9 I would looking through blue tinted glasses.
It's just my opinion

It might be your opinion, But if you are going to post marks out of 10 then expect to be challenged.
I personally think your marks for Mangala and Milner should be up a notch.
Mangala bullied Totti excellently last night allowing MM to control the back the way he did and
Jimmy worked and created just as much as Fernandho.

The rags in work are particularly sour this morning. "I hope you get Real Madrid and that they batter you". When asked how their CL campaign is going this season, it's either "we've won it3 times, how many times have you?" or a more simple "fuck off". Bless.

PoorTom said:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. One of the top five teams in the world beating runners up of Seria A. That's not a big deal.

if you're referring to the fact that we potentially face two legs with Real Madrid followed by QFs and SFs against further top teams then perhaps you have a point but the reality was we went to Rome - not an easy place - with 4 strong players sidelined and a fairly shambolic Champs League history up to date and did a massive job. It deserves a lot of credit.

PoorTom said:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. One of the top five teams in the world beating runners up of Seria A. That's not a big deal.

* beep beep *

jimharri said:
The rags in work are particularly sour this morning. "I hope you get Real Madrid and that they batter you". When asked how their CL campaign is going this season, it's either "we've won it3 times, how many times have you?" or a more simple "fuck off". Bless.

I just e-mailed a fella here the youtube link to Jethro Tull 'Living in the past'

I also e-mailed him a copy of Shelley's poem, which I think is very appropriate to OT and the crumbling Empire:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Anyone else feel on top of the world this morning, I cannot take this smile off my face ! feels great to be a city fan right now and I just loved how Zaba celebrated. Last week he celebrated for a new family member, this week it was for his current family (us fans) love him

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Hihosilva said:
ZZmaestro said:
I down't know if you're fishing, but after last night display, giving any player less than a 9 is a disgrace ( Milner, Mangala and Nasri a 7, are you fooking serious ???!!! ).
To me, the team clicked since the win against the Swans at home three weeks ago. Game after game, we were coming back to our old rampant self since that game.
What a way to go through to the next round ! Beating the second best Italian team at there own place while they never lost to any English team before is nothing short of legendary stuff.

Let's have a minute of silence to all those plastic flappers who wrote us off the league and CL since early October.

If you look closely I gave Nasri -8, but if your suggesting that I give Dzeko 9 I would looking through blue tinted glasses.
It's just my opinion

It might be your opinion, But if you are going to post marks out of 10 then expect to be challenged.
Mangala bullied Totti excellently last night allowing MM to control the back the way he did and
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Hihosilva said:
ZZmaestro said:

It's just my opinion

Great win . Everyone performed superbly. Pleased for MP who looked shell shocked after CSKA at home . But as Martin says" he always finds a way through for us " - ie tactics and trust in each other . Whatever is in the water at City at the moment they certainly can't get enough of it ! They have been buoyed up since Swansea and Bayern games . The determination is written in their faces . Just keep the well oiled machine ticking over that's all I ask .

Fair enough, aside from maybe monaco, every away game in the next round will be tougher than this. Roma aren't a great team either.

But I was impressed with the patience, professionalism and class with which we went about the game. The chips were down, must win, our four best players out, and we delivered. No nonsense. Playing like that and especially with Sergio and David back in the next round, we can beat anyone.

I also thought it was interesting what neville was saying re: toure and the defensive aspect of games in europe. Maybe something for Manuel to consider.

Innsbruckblue said:
Get Milner on a new contract right now! Nasri was brilliant! Hart too. Surrounded by Roma fans just now. Good sports!

My missus is a dipper and said last night "Milner isn't exactly world class is he"....

How two people can see two different games eh

Anybody got any GIFs of the goals?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.