City vs Roma Post Match Thread

PoorTom said:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. One of the top five teams in the world beating runners up of Seria A. That's not a big deal.

Without the spine of the team and Merlin its a bloody big deal!!

bayern blade said:
Congratulations on going through, didn't see the game but it must have been some performance. I've been posting on here since we first played you a few years back and, unlike the tossers on the Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal sites 95% of you on here are decent lads so once again well done and good luck with the draw. Doubtless we'll see each other in the group phase next year, we'll get Arsenal in the next round too same as every bloody season.

Our game was a bit of a snore fest but we got the result.
nice one mate

CaliforniaBlue said:
This is starting to become a habit with Nasri;

Scored the winner in the Capital One Cup Final.
Scored the winner against West Ham to win the Prem.
Scored the winner against Roma to put us into the group stages.

Criticize him all you like, he talked the talk before the Bayern game and he's walked the walk to back it up.

He also scored the winner against Chelsea to get us back in the title race in 2012, big name players score big game goals... Well done Samir a Bravo

Love, love the joe and Samir post match interview. Showed the teams morale is top notch. Went all tingly when Joe commented we're getting the "wizard" back whilst you can hear Bluemoon being sung in the background.What a top night for everyone at Manchester City!o

Don Howe said:
A few thoughts of mine..... mostly about Jamie Jackson to be honest..

standingalone.co.uk/roma-0-manchest...ico-city-come-of-age-in-the-eternal-city/ … …

Great read that mate.

I've updated the link for you.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.standingalone.co.uk/roma-0-manchester-city-1match-thoughts-from-stadio-olimpico-city-come-of-age-in-the-eternal-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.standingalone.co.uk/roma-0-m ... rnal-city/</a>

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agQJ0jZ5I3w[/video]

Much better view of the goal after the TV camera's insistence of the close up of the sideline...

Plus, cracking support.

pudge said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agQJ0jZ5I3w[/video]

Much better view of the goal after the TV camera's insistence of the close up of the sideline...

Plus, cracking support.

Great video.

Great win.

If we have that same Fernandinho-Fernando platform with Yaya in front (who will need a few games to readjust to playing that position again) then I think we have a chance against anyone in the world.

citymad said:
PoorTom said:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. One of the top five teams in the world beating runners up of Seria A. That's not a big deal.

Without the spine of the team and Merlin its a bloody big deal!!

I'd second that. Quite a big deal and not to be underestimated what kind of boost that will give the whole squad.
Not to mention sending a few ripples around Europe. Never mind who we get next round. Whoever it is, they'll be less happy than us.

I believe most punters in the world would look at the City squad and say that we have 4 world class players...Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero...and NONE OF THEM were in the starting line up!

Throw in City's rather dire CL history, and it is hard to believe many people would have seriously considered City could go to Italy, where they have never won, and beat a Roma team that is flying high in Serie A....Oh, and they basically had to not let us beat them to go through themselves!

What City did last night is write a new chapter in their "new" history, with Samir Nasri putting his own name in blue lights.

Top performance from the lads!

FWIW, statistical probability says City will get Dortmund. It would be nice to rewrite that wrong from a few years ago.

As Mourinho rightly said in his post-match comments....the REAL Champions League starts now....all the players are there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.