City vs Roma Post Match Thread

Great team display. Was time for some of our other players to step up and show what they bring to this team and boy did they do that. MDM has been our best centre half for about a year now. Another outstanding rock solid performance. Just a shame his legs are gone and hasn't got much left in the tank. Nasri is on fire and these last 3/4 games has displayed all the attributes that made us buy him from Arsenal. Offering much more than just being neat and tidy on the ball and retaining possession, he's actually influencing games now. keep it up Samir. Man of the match tonight though was Fernandinho. All action, never stops running, always offers himself for a pass and makes intelligent runs. Without possession he won the ball back so many times in Roma's half of the pitch but then actually used the ball well and kept hold of it once he had done that.

If we can avoid barca and Real madrid i think we'd be favourites to qualify

deano ou812 said:
Pezzer2 said:
Sergio's alive. He's tweeted, Must be a a massive boost for him after being down all week.
Whats he been saying?

Just how nerve racking it was watching from the outside and how proud of the lads he was. We fight till the end. He also thanked fans for there support after his injury

WyongBlue said:
Tonight's match had to be one of the best away performance since the 3-2 win against Bayern, except for the first 20mins we kept our heads, typically Roma came out like all Italian sides do at home and tried to get the early goal, but we stood firm at the back, sure we had our moments in the defence but we just grew in confidence as the match progressed, I thought Nasri had a awesome match capped of with a great goal, Fernandinho and Fernando both did a great job in midfield, while Milner and Navas had great games as well, Dzeko was Dzeko and did his best [ I know ], but this was a game where we had our backs to the wall, but we just rolled our sleeve's up and took no prisoner's tonight................well done guys.................

The last line of your post sums up Everton match too- a perfect warm up for todays match in term of determination and resolve, although a vastly different tactical approach,switching seamlessly ,and whilst still coping with major players out,including the most dangerous forward in europe.
Guess the media were right-we are a one man team.lol

ninjamonkey said:
Great team display. Was time for some of our other players to step up and show what they bring to this team and boy did they do that. MDM has been our best centre half for about a year now. Another outstanding rock solid performance. Just a shame his legs are gone and hasn't got much left in the tank. Nasri is on fire and these last 3/4 games has displayed all the attributes that made us buy him from Arsenal. Offering much more than just being neat and tidy on the ball and retaining possession, he's actually influencing games now. keep it up Samir. Man of the match tonight though was Fernandinho. All action, never stops running, always offers himself for a pass and makes intelligent runs. Without possession he won the ball back so many times in Roma's half of the pitch but then actually used the ball well and kept hold of it once he had done that.

If we can avoid barca and Real madrid i think we'd be favourites to qualify
Real Madrid I would agree with, but have you seen Barca's defending lately? Yes, they have a good forward trio, but their midfield is nowhere near what it was, and the defence is shite. A bit like a certain club just outside Manchester, in fact.

I am actually getting this tournament at last. The boys in blue never give in. Eat you hearts out rags and dippers!

Marvin said:
deano ou812 said:
Pezzer2 said:
Sergio's alive. He's tweeted, Must be a a massive boost for him after being down all week.
Whats he been saying?

Sergio Kun Aguero @aguerosergiokun
· 16m 16 minutes ago
I thank you all, from the heart, for each and every message you sent me, they give me strength.

Sergio Kun Aguero @aguerosergiokun
· 17m 17 minutes ago
Looking the match from outside is nerve wrecking. it´s a great joy seeing the work made by the team that always kept fighting till the end!
Cheers,hopefully he's back up to speed by the time the last 16 champions league games come around,and the rest of the season of course...

A wonderful performance from City tonight and now we all know what it feels like to have an important win in this competition.

Why was there a Chavski fan on Talk Shite whinging and telling everyone to shut up about City because we just got lucky. WTF is he so upset about? It's not like we're Fulham. They are worried. Arsehats abound.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.