City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team selection is SIMPLE, really:

This is a group competition, and Roma already won the first = they are coming here for one point, and they will DEFEND.

Thus, "crowding the midfield" which some of you are calling for would be a DISASTROUS tactic.

Two out and out strikers (Dzeko, Sergio) and contain Gervinho on the counter (half-backs).

No "crowd the midfield" nonsense, we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot, the game would be DEAD.

P.S. pains me to say but - Clichy starts because of Gervinho...Kolarov too slow.

de niro said:
we lose this and the group is over and we are out. if so I'm going to cancel my Rome trip, not worth the risk for a dead rubber.

Can't agree with that bill they would still have 2 play bayern twice and us I'd still fancy us to get 10 points at least

It's an important game , if we lose we will find it hard to make it to the last 16.

We are better than Roma so we should be able to win. I worry that the crowd will be silent and not supportive enough though .. this may negatively affect our players.

Really torn on this in terms of team selection. Like the idea of going with two up front, let Sergio and Edin loose on them and really look to put them on the back foot. My concern with this option is that Yaya will have to play alongside Fernandinho presumably in the middle of midfield and lacks the mobility in there when we don't have the ball and can leave us exposed.

So the other option for me is to play Fernandinho and Fernando (or even Milner in the middle) and push Yaya further forward playing behind either Aguero or Dzeko. Guess it depends on your mindset, do you focus more on how we can score enough goals to hopefully win the game or how we can nullify their threat when we don't have the ball in order to win the game ?

Τhere will be no excuses if we don t win this !!!
Morale is high after scoring a lot in previous games .
Focus like Chelsea match is needed and determination like never before for a classy 3-0 win .
Confidence <=> easy wins = saving mental and physical energy

Giallorosso said:
As curiosity...would some of you please explain to me why Maicon didn't perform well with your team apart for Premier League being superior to Serie
A right now?

Changing argument I think Kolarov and Zabaleta will a serious threat on our sides because every defender we've got there, Maicon,Torosidis,Cole and Holebas can't defend very well.
He struggled with injury, and his position was taken by Zabaleta

EaglesFan said:

This is a group competition, and Roma already won the first = they are coming here for one point, and they will DEFEND.

Thus, "crowding the midfield" which some of you are calling for would be a DISASTROUS tactic.

Two out and out strikers (Dzeko, Sergio) and contain Gervinho on the counter (half-backs).

No "crowd the midfield" nonsense, we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot, the game would be DEAD.

P.S. pains me to say but - Clichy starts because of Gervinho...Kolarov too slow.

Kompany said that defending when we play with two midfielders and two forwards is difficult...there s too much space...

oasis-city-greek-fan said:
EaglesFan said:

Kompany said that defending when we play with two midfielders and two forwards is difficult...there s too much space...

The opposite is also true at the other end of the pitch. Play one up front at home and there isnt enough space.

oasis-city-greek-fan said:
EaglesFan said:

play with one striker and you'll find it harder to score goals.

this is not a time for pragmatism, we need to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.