City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge game. In all the big European home games that we have played I can't think of many that we have won or played well in. Maybe Villarreal and Porto off the top of my head but both teams weren't great. This will be a real test. Roma are a very strong team and they will be backed by a big passionate crowd. It is absolutely essential that we do not lose but a draw wouldn't be the best result either. Hoping for a 2-1 win. Come on city!

davymcfc said:
Huge game. In all the big European home games that we have played I can't think of many that we have won or played well in. Maybe Villarreal and Porto off the top of my head but both teams weren't great. This will be a real test. Roma are a very strong team and they will be backed by a big passionate crowd. It is absolutely essential that we do not lose but a draw wouldn't be the best result either. Hoping for a 2-1 win. Come on city!
One of these days we are going to win one of the big games at home in Europe. This might be the one.

davymcfc said:

and here it comes another loss 7-1 for Roma...I'm rubbing downwards... :)

Marvin said:
davymcfc said:
One of these days we are going to win one of the big games at home in Europe. This might be the one.

No disrespect to Roma but I don't think Bayern, Real Madrid etc would class them as a big game at home. A proper turning point would be smashing Bayern at home to top the group - That's winning a big game at home in Europe. Need to keep ourselves in the race for that though by winning the other 4 games first.

adrianr said:
Marvin said:
davymcfc said:

No disrespect to Roma but I don't think Bayern, Real Madrid etc would class them as a big game at home. A proper turning point would be smashing Bayern at home to top the group - That's winning a big game at home in Europe. Need to keep ourselves in the race for that though by winning the other 4 games first.
Bayern, Barca might not, but we have not beaten anyone at home of note in Europe in recent years.

The truth is, if City can't beat Roma at the Etihad then City don't deserve to go through, with all due respect to Roma.

Marvin said:
adrianr said:
Marvin said:

Bayern, Barca might not, but we have not beaten anyone at home of note in Europe in recent years.

That's my point, Roma are not a team of note. Next season no-one is going to reference a home victory to Roma (Unless it's a particularly thrilling game), but they would if we beat Bayern. They're a good side and I've no doubt it will be very difficult, but it's not like we're hosting Barcelona again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.