City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mammutly said:
bulldogblue said:
de niro said:
aguero seemed to tweaked something yesterday.

Not another injury! Would start with two strikers anyway.

Aguero was told before kick off yesterday to come off if he felt a tightening in his calf muscle. He did and he came off, but no injury. He will start on Tuesday.

Aguero was also getting the shit kicked out of him.

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Demichellis
Kolorov
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
Milner
Silva
Aguero

I don't see Pellegrini going with one striker at home, he didn't against Chelsea so who is to say he will do the same against Roma?

I think it would be harsh on Dzeko after scoring 4 goals in two games, his confidence is high and dropping him would destroy that confidence.

sam-caddick said:
I don't see Pellegrini going with one striker at home, he didn't against Chelsea so who is to say he will do the same against Roma?

I think it would be harsh on Dzeko after scoring 4 goals in two games, his confidence is high and dropping him would destroy that confidence.

Suppose so and he does have history for spitting his dummy,out....

Hi all, I am Bosnian and I think that Dzeko should be dropped for this one and you should just play Sergio as a lone striker. The reason for my thinking is because I have been following Roma for a couple of seasons now (mainly because our Pjanic plays there) and I can tell you that Roma are seriously good. I don't think some of you guys realise just how strong this team is. They will punish you if you give them too much space. I even think they will cause Bayern enough problems and they will take points of them. 4-4-2 is not the right approach for this match.

Bolo1982 said:
Hi all, I am Bosnian and I think that Dzeko should be dropped for this one and you should just play Sergio as a lone striker. The reason for my thinking is because I have been following Roma for a couple of seasons now (mainly because our Pjanic plays there) and I can tell you that Roma are seriously good. I don't think some of you guys realise just how strong this team is. They will punish you if you give them too much space. I even think they will cause Bayern enough problems and they will take points of them. 4-4-2 is not the right approach for this match.

so why leave edin out?

de niro said:
Bolo1982 said:

so why leave edin out?

I would leave Edin out because Aguero is a better striker.

Bolo1982 said:

I am a Roma fan and I can tell you our team is strong but Manchester City is stronger. Besides that we have never achieved anything good in England except for a win in Liverpool.
I watched Hull City-Manchester City and Dzeko was in an amazing shape so I won't rest him for this match.

Kolarov wants fans to support the team on Tuesday.

“In a game like this you have to feel you are playing at home – for the first couple of minutes our fans are good and crazy but then they calm down.”

He's so right.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kolarovs-appeal-city-fans-give-7846151#.VCh_G1pmzzo.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... zo.twitter</a>

de niro said:
we lose this and the group is over and we are out. if so I'm going to cancel my Rome trip, not worth the risk for a dead rubber.
attachment.php

de niro said:
Kun Aguero said:
de niro said:
we WILL beat Roma. no danger.

You are underestimating Roma.

and you are underestimating us.

decent team ? yes. will we beat them? bigger yes.

You really are underestimating Roma, I don't think you ever watched any of our matches in the last 2 years or so, if you're so sure. Not that you should follow la Serie A.

I do agree when you say City shouldn't fear any opposing team, that's a mentality issue, and I do believe you're better side with slightly better chances of winning the forthcoming challenge, but there's no way a team with De Rossi-Strootman-Iturbe-Castan-Astori injured with still a good bench too, which manage to win them all nonetheless, scoring 5 goals in 50 minutes after a 4 year hiatus from CL, can be just decent and easily beatable.

Having said that the 4-3-3 is overall much more versatile, balanced e unpredictable than any 4-4-2, despite the actors, playing both Djeko and Aguero from the start would be a huge tactical mistake, it could have devasting consequences.

The worst error you could make against Roma is leaving the midfield exposed letting us control the game, tiki-taka style.

I'm not being biased here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.