City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChicagoBlue said:
I expect aroma to play exactly the way Chelsea play. They will play a solid defensive system with the ability for the fast break. This system is the worst for us, because we nearly always end up getting frustrated, having our midfielders further up the pitch, and leaving ourselves exposed at the back.

Mancini just stated on italian tv that's the way to beat City but I don't believe Roma will play so because it usually has great ball possession.

They will probably play the typical boring Italian way, half heatedly go for a goal, and if they score, defend with eleven men behind the ball.

I'm not expecting a great game, how can you when the opposition comes from Italy, but I was reminded earlier on today that our cousins from Trafford smacked more than a few past them not so long ago.

I think we'll win, but it'll be a boring snoozefest.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
They will probably play the typical boring Italian way, half heatedly go for a goal, and if they score, defend with eleven men behind the ball.

I'm not expecting a great game, how can you when the opposition comes from Italy, but I was reminded earlier on today that our cousins from Trafford smacked more than a few past them not so long ago.

You're wrong. Roma doesn't play a boring football.

mastermind said:
sgerlat said:
de niro said:
and you are underestimating us.

decent team ? yes. will we beat them? bigger yes.

You really are underestimating Roma, I don't think you ever watched any of our matches in the last 2 years or so, if you're so sure. Not that you should follow la Serie A.

I do agree when you say City shouldn't fear any opposing team, that's a mentality issue, and I do believe you're better side with slightly better chances of winning the forthcoming challenge, but there's no way a team with De Rossi-Strootman-Iturbe-Castan-Astori injured with still a good bench too, which manage to win them all nonetheless, scoring 5 goals in 50 minutes after a 4 year hiatus from CL, can be just decent and easily beatable.

Having said that the 4-3-3 is overall much more versatile, balanced e unpredictable than any 4-4-2, despite the actors, playing both Djeko and Aguero from the start would be a huge tactical mistake, it could have devasting consequences.

The worst error you could make against Roma is leaving the midfield exposed letting us control the game, tiki-taka style.

I'm not being biased here.

As Pellegrini says .. formations are irrelevant telephone numbers .

You don't automatically win the game if you have more possession . The only stat that matters is the score line.

Roma are a good side in Seria A , but they haven't been tested in Europe .. I think you're on the same level as Everton or Shalke . We could easily beat you 5-0 but it all depends on what kind of mood the players are in and what kind of mood the crowd is in.

Wtf is this arrogance? 5-0!? What are u on about mate? Roma may not be at bayern's level in Europe but we sure aren't too. Heck we have been poor in Europe considering our resources. Cut out this bullshit arrogance that the rags are proud of.

Although Roma have won their last 5 they haven't played a team of our quality this season, we've played 3 CL teams already so I expect us to blow them away at home.
The CL is the reason we sought Pellegrini as our manager.

I'm expecting them to be a similar standard as Napoli and give us a difficult game

They are not a typical Italian team. Rudi Garcia has turned them into high pressing team that plays a bit like Barcelona.

Should be an open and exciting game.

We are starting to creat a lot of chances and the team is getting a bit of form and gelling which is slightly ahead of the point in which we did last season where we went on a really long run of good results. The defence will hopefully improve but I think Fernando's return will help cement that and I think Roma will be a tough test but a game that we will win.

Giallorosso said:

You're wrong. Roma doesn't play a boring football.

i have been watching italian football for decades , and i have never seen any of their teams , come away from home and try and play football , and i include the great juventus and milan teams , they all revert to type , 10 players behind the ball and play on the break , you are deluded if you think roma will do anything different.

We will need to play Milner with Fern and bench Navas if we use both Edin and Kun but doing that would leave us slow gong forward against a packed defence and with CL refs the match will be a stop/start foul fest.

I'd go with one up front and play Navas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.