City Vs Seville Champions League Post Match Thread

Since we qualified for the CL under Bobby Manc we have been terrible in it. Manuels record in it was decent before he came here and I'm convinced that had Pelligrini been in charge of Seville tonight they would have looked just as cohesive as they did tonight.

It's like a fucking curse and I can't get my head around it.

There is just something about us in this competition and for whatever reason we are not very good at it.

Just have to fluke it most times like Liverpool/Chelsea/Manure.

Good result but 2nd best most of the game. Toure was awful albeit set up both goals, his work rate was shocking no tracking back or link up play thought he had a poor game seen as how good he can be. Over the moon with the result but need to work harder in midfield. Good result at the end of the day blue army.

Absolute dross.

A manager who either can't or unable to see playing Toure in this team is death by a thousand cuts.

And I mean that in both Europe and Prem.

Roll up, roll up, it's open season on the two-man City midfield, and everyone knows it.

Must not play this weekend and that goes for Zabba too.

Love the guy to bits but starting to think Zabba is on a steady decline now. Looked a real weak link tonight.

I noticed the only times we had success was when a player showed some determination and courage... Yaya, Navas and of course my man of the match KDB were the only players to do this enough. The rest of the squad you can at least say worked hard tonight(although I shouted at Sterling for not anticipating and following up one of Yaya's shots) but it's not enough on its own in Europe, you have to show balls, intelligence and skill to go with it... at the very minimum you cant afford to let the other team outwork you but that just isn't good enough for a club such as City.

Pleased with the win though, really looking forward to the day we break this Euro hoodoo we have, so we can enjoy European nights for once.

Last edited:
Mate, I believe you make your own luck in this world and I'll take any that's going spare, but tonight was abysmally poor and Sevilla were a decent striker short of handing us a deserved defeat.

This has to be the first time in the decades of supporting City that I was too pissed off to even celebrate us scoring. When I sat down and saw the line up my heart just sank because I just knew what was coming and a victory won't wash away the crap I saw tonight.

Sometimes you just have to win ugly and other times you need a slice of luck, but tonight the struggles I witnessed were self inflicted by a tactically naive and dogmatically rigid manager.

The definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Tonight was an act of insanity, but we used up a slide of our luck which needn't have had to do if MP had set us up correctly in the first instance and reacted quicker when changes were needed. In short, we got away with it as no-one could have said Sevilla didn't deserve the victory if they'd won.

Yes I know we've got injuries to contend with, but so does everyone else. The depressing thing for me is that even if we were at full strength, the shit formation MP adopted would have still made us struggle. We look so far behind Europe's elite football teams it hurts, I had such high hopes for us this season but the lack of tactical nous being shown by our manager is crushing my faith.

The only bright notes from tonight were Navas who looked properly up for it and KDB who for me might just be our seasons saviour.

You are bang on the money there fella, however we won so you shouldn't say it, come back when we get knocked out

Then they will hit you with the hindsight argument

Best to just sit there clapping and drooling, less hassle

Absolute dross.

A manager who either can't or unable to see playing Toure in this team is death by a thousand cuts.

And I mean that in both Europe and Prem.

Roll up, roll up, it's open season on the two-man City midfield, and everyone knows it.

Must not play this weekend and that goes for Zabba too.

Think play the two ferns and yaya - agree about zab - looks slow.

Hard to know what to make of that. Looked like a typical City 4-4-2 performance in Europe, but this time we won - well done to the lads for sticking it out.

Not going to lie I wasn't pleased to see us playing 442 again but with the guys who're out I suppose MP has less options than he'd like. Got it right with his substitutions tonight & well done to him, we looked much more solid with the 5 in midfield as Sevilla tired & it paid off. As good as Yaya was tonight going forward it's been clear for a long long time now we're too open with him in the 2 when we play a 4 man midfield, not a criticism of him as that's just how he plays & IMO we shouldn't keep putting him in that situation.

Commentators moaning all night about our defence but surely the midfield has to take some of the blame, vast majority of the match was far too easy to pass by them & whip dangerous crosses in, I thought the CB's did a good job somehow dealing with the incredible amount of crosses/corners that bombarded our box to be honest.

KdB once again showing what a talent he is, add composure to win a huge match to his growing list of positives. Thought Yaya & Navas along with him were stand out players today going forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.