City Vs Seville Champions League Post Match Thread

Just have to fluke it most times like Liverpool/Chelsea/Manure.

It will need to be because we won't get any further than last year without it.

Mancini played with 1 striker and we looked just as bad in this competition. Pelligrini has a half decent record, so I'm not convinced it's down to managers. For whatever logic the core of our team haven't delivered in the CL and I just don't understand why.

Absolute dross.

A manager who either can't or unable to see playing Toure in this team is death by a thousand cuts.

And I mean that in both Europe and Prem.

Roll up, roll up, it's open season on the two-man City midfield, and everyone knows it.

Must not play this weekend and that goes for Zabba too.

This. We can not play this system AND use Toure in that role.

We'll suffer in the long run, it's blatantly obvious.

Bit fortunate but fantastic result and that is all that matters.

However, the match day forum is a fucking disgrace. Zabba is finished, we don't deserve kdb, pellers out, shit atmosphere etc etc. what the fuck is wrong with some people on there? You're supposed to get behind the team but half the people on there just look for any opportunity to slag everything about our side / club off.
If the cunts moaning about the atmosphere actually got of their fucking lazy arses and went to the game then maybe they have a point, otherwise they should shut the fuck up

Honestly thought we were really poor, but it's the result that matters and it is a bloody fantastic result. We had no control of the game whatsoever, the midfield was completely non-existent and we weren't able to supply the attackers whatsoever. They were able to charge straight down the middle at will, then did a great job of getting in behind our fullbacks to pull across dangerous balls (as for the goal). Mangala was absolutely outstanding, especially in the first half where he seemed to be the only one to ever get the ball off them and Otamendi was pretty solid as well, under difficult circumstances.

Of our attacking players, Navas was the pick of the bunch, the only one able to consistently keep the ball and move us up the field. He was direct and put in some fantastic balls. De Bruyne was also good, but for large parts struggled to get enough of the ball without Silva supplying our attackers. Bony and Sterling struggled to get anywhere near the ball, while Fernandinho spent most of the game chasing shadows and had little effect. Yaya had a few good moments going forwards, especially after we went behind. His defensive "effort" was bordering on the embarrassing though and continues to be a massive problem in these games. We instantly became a lot more solid when Fernando came on and there was no longer a massive hole in the middle of our team.

If we play with that lack of shape or control against the rags then we'll end up with a repeat of the game last year. Fernando has to start with Fernandinho, then build the team from there.
I agree with every word. That's how I saw it too. Sagna has had a solid season but tonight he was never in position. Zab looked finished, but he did seem to pick up a knock. Yaya might as well have not been there defensively, but going forward he helped create both goals. Navas was our best player. Mangala covered Sagna's arse numerous times. Sterling was totally ineffective. We didn't deserve the win, but we'll certainly take it! Need to improve if we want anything from the derby though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.