City Vs Seville Champions League Post Match Thread

Honestly thought we were really poor, but it's the result that matters and it is a bloody fantastic result. We had no control of the game whatsoever, the midfield was completely non-existent and we weren't able to supply the attackers whatsoever. They were able to charge straight down the middle at will, then did a great job of getting in behind our fullbacks to pull across dangerous balls (as for the goal). Mangala was absolutely outstanding, especially in the first half where he seemed to be the only one to ever get the ball off them and Otamendi was pretty solid as well, under difficult circumstances.

Of our attacking players, Navas was the pick of the bunch, the only one able to consistently keep the ball and move us up the field. He was direct and put in some fantastic balls. De Bruyne was also good, but for large parts struggled to get enough of the ball without Silva supplying our attackers. Bony and Sterling struggled to get anywhere near the ball, while Fernandinho spent most of the game chasing shadows and had little effect. Yaya had a few good moments going forwards, especially after we went behind. His defensive "effort" was bordering on the embarrassing though and continues to be a massive problem in these games. We instantly became a lot more solid when Fernando came on and there was no longer a massive hole in the middle of our team.

If we play with that lack of shape or control against the rags then we'll end up with a repeat of the game last year. Fernando has to start with Fernandinho, then build the team from there.

This.........best post of the night

You are bang on the money there fella, however we won so you shouldn't say it, come back when we get knocked out

Then they will hit you with the hindsight argument

Best to just sit there clapping and drooling, less hassle
Mate don't let the deluded hound you out of telling it as you see it. For me a true friend is the one who tells it as it is, not one who tells you what you want to hear. Tonight was fuckin dreadful in spite of the win and anyone who wants to run you down for saying so is a sycophantic dick imo.

Those who were there tonight mostly saw what you probably did as did those who watched it on TV, telling it as you see it is just being honest not disloyal to the club we all love. The person who should be under the spotlight for tonight isn't you or anyone else who saw that crap tonight, it should be the fella called Manuel Pellegrini. He picked the team tonight and chose the formation, so the buck and the fortunate victory lay with him.

It's an idea, it's the first time have been on it for a while and it was fucking painful, the thing is most of them have not bothered to post in this thread which tells you something

One thing it tells me is that some people like to feel they're at the match with other blues on that thread. Yes, having a rant at times, but also cheering along at other moments. It would be interesting comparing the thread to a recording of a collection of fans at the game. Some of it is painful at times, especially in hindsight, but I think you miss the point. Even at the game you can be sat next to one or two pillocks that never shut up talking shit, but you just shake your head and move your attention on elsewhere instead of getting all indignant. Shake your head and let it go is my advice. It's not always about being the biggest, wisest blue. In fact, they're the ones I get most disgruntled with.

I've been saying for a while Zabba is getting slow and on the decline, Yaya should not start on Sunday, of the tactile turtle sees it he will piss himself Yaya in a two man midfield is the weak link, The two Ferns should start there in Sunday allowing the front four to do the rest. Thankful for the win but we were lucky. Oh and the Sevilla fans are a disgrace, if we did that at there place we would have had a baton charge in us.

got away with that one....we need to improve hugely before Sunday

Hopefully the return of Kompany will help that

positives were navas suddenly gaining the confidence to go outside the man occasionally and now he has started to put in decent crosses.....

Yaya was a lot better tonight for one of the first times in europe

KDB is just an awesome signing

tactically tonight going forward MP won it for us with his late changes

Sagna was fantastic

on the down side:

ferna had a poor game by his standards - looks tired

Bony again was poor - yes he got the shot for the own goal but it was going wide and other than that just his hold up play is really his only positive and that isn't enough...lets hope he steps up for the derby!

defensively from a midfield perspective its the same problem as always - wide open time and time again and tactically the manager has got to sort it out and he just doesn't do it.....
We're shit, we should just bow to your superiority

Thought we deserved a win against Juve and were very fortunate tonight, so I guess things even themselves out.

Having Yaya against top class opposition is worse than defending with 10 men, because he's on the pitch you expect him to cover space or pick up his man but he gets bypassed so easily it's unreal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.