City Vs Seville Champions League Post Match Thread

We got away with one there. It's a big win, but we can't keep playing like that in Europe. Or indeed against better teams in the Premier League. A similar performance at Old Trafford and we'll get battered.

Big moment for Pellegrini as a coach. He's hampered by injuries, but we're far too open at the moment. A tactical change is an absolute necessity. If he hopes we can blag it again with the same line-up on Sunday then I'll lose a bit of faith in him. It'd be naive in the extreme to carry on playing that way and hope it comes good.

I think his defensive approach is to put in players with a defensive pedigree and leave them to it. The whole team is set up for the creative midfield and strikers to 'overwhelm' the opposition, and then we adopt the 'come on, you bastards, get past us' tactic!

No Bony on Sunday for me on that showing. It's like playing with 10 men. Thought he might have turned a corner after Saturday s goals but nope.

Their keeper had nothing to do all night except pick the ball out of his net twice. Got away with that one big time.

We got away with one there. It's a big win, but we can't keep playing like that in Europe. Or indeed against better teams in the Premier League. A similar performance at Old Trafford and we'll get battered.

Big moment for Pellegrini as a coach. He's hampered by injuries, but we're far too open at the moment. A tactical change is an absolute necessity. If he hopes we can blag it again with the same line-up on Sunday then I'll lose a bit of faith in him. It'd be naive in the extreme to carry on playing that way and hope it comes good.
My thoughts too. I don't think he had many options in a game we had to really win at home, but it's very obvious we go out with that team and try and play our usual game we will get heavily beaten. We've got players who can counter-attack. I think we all know Pellegrini is just going to send us out to attack and play our usual possession game which is likely to end badly.

No Bony on Sunday for me on that showing. It's like playing with 10 men. Thought he might have turned a corner after Saturday s goals but nope.

Their keeper had nothing to do all night except pick the ball out of his net twice. Got away with that one big time.
Can't blame Bony when he was starved of the ball. likewise Sterling. Midfield had no grip on the game.

We definitely used our Monopoly "Get Out Of Jail" Card tonight.
I just couldn`t see a second goal coming and once again at times we were let down by our midfield.It annoys me at times when people criticise our defence,but at times they are put under so much pressure by the midfield not helping out.
I never usually knock Joe but his distribution once again comes under scrutiny and how slow he reacts in trying to set up attacks.He certainly wasn`t at fault for the goal but I do wish he had a bit more of Peter Schmichel about him and release the ball quicker.
Wilf needs to get a grip of his game also but a pleasing three points is better than a kick in the nuts.

We need more compactness and a higher intensity in Europe. We're too lethargic and open as stated. It's the same every year it can't be that difficult to spot.

Lucky to get the win tonight. The way we play in Europe is a difficult watch. We are naive and tactically inept and have been ever since we got into the champs league for the first time. The first couple of seasons in the competition are supposed to be when you learn that you have to play a certain way, you learn from your mistakes and then going forward you gain that experience and become a much better European side. Not us though, we are the same fucking idiot novices we were. We haven't learned a thing, how can we still be making the same mistakes and tactical errors we were 3 years ago?

I like Pellegrini, I like our attacking style and for that he deserves credit but it's in Europe where he looks completely out of his depth. I could manage City in the Prem because we have the best team, some of the best individual talents and more importantly 90% of the opposition are pure shit. In Europe against better opponents I see no tactical awareness whatsoever and no willingness to change formation and try something different. I mean he's still trying to get a 2 man CM working with Yaya as one of the two, when any City fan with half a brain and at least 1 working eye could have told MP 3 years ago it doesn't work in Europe.

If we manage to get through the group, I don't see us going any further than the QF which given the money spent will be seen as a failure. If this happens I think he's a goner, even if we win the Prem. It will seem harsh but I think the powers that be will be looking for someone who has proven to have more about him than simply being able to send out the best players in the league to beat shit like Newcastle and Bournemouth.

I was crazy after that goal.

But don't know what to say about the performance. Sometimes i feel like same old shit in CL now 2 running games 2 unexpected wins. There still something lacking ...

As for the players i will single out two : Managala sometimes he is a calamity with his clearances and Bony, he will need to do better or at least try harder otherwise he is't going to last. From the games i saw kelechi could do the same job. ( with far less salary)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.