City Vs Seville Champions League Post Match Thread

Probably our second worst CL performance behind Ajax away, only one player really came out with serious credit and that was Navas, possibly his best game for us, and for long periods our only threat.

A number of players weren't very good.

Hart 6
Zaba 5
Otamendi 5
Mangala 6
Sagna 6
Yaya 5
Fernandhino 7
KdB 5
Navas 8
Sterling 5
Bony 4

Fernando 7
Kolarov 6
Kompany not on long enough

Why were we so bloody ponderous, our passing so adrift, and no closing down at all. Then suddenly at 85 minutes we started to look like our normal self, and gave it a go ?

I thought the manager played the wrong tactics, with Sevilla able to get through the middle of our midfield and behind the defence far too often, luckily they didn't have the greatest final ball most of the time.

Great finish from KdB at the end, but we got lucky, as we could have been out of it before half time, well done Jesus Navas though.

Those saying Zab is finished. Have you considered he might just be struggling for form after missing a load of games?

I said that and no, it's not just injury, he's not good defensively for at least year and half now. Finished is maybe too hard word but he's 31 and he won't get much better anymore, specially as his warrior playing style and position he played at where he was running up and down the pitch for years has made him pretty spent 'til now for sure.

Fullbacks, both side, are positions where we'll have to invest a lot in next two years. Zab and Sagna are not getting any younger and Clichy and Kolarov are probably good enough but nothing more than that.

Just got back and although well chuffed with the three points thought we suffered because of Pellars initial set up of the team.
Two Ferns with either Stirling or Navas to come off the bench in the last 20 mins when they were tiring would have been much more effective. He got it right in the end, but Mr P when will you accept that playing Ya Ya, Stirling and Navas leaving only Fernandinio to protect the back 4 just does not work in Europe ?

What we have done is beaten the current Europa League winners who have beaten Barxa already this season.

We did this whilst missing Silva and Aguero and playing awfully.

I think we need to not praise this as we were dire, but acknowledge that this makes us massively dangerous to any side in the Champions League.

We found a way to win. No one wins this competition in October, merely stays in it.

De Bruyne is the best expensive bargain of all time. His start here has been nothing short of sensational. Silva is the best player I've ever seen in sky blue, but KDB could take that mantle off him if he continues like this for the next few years.

Probably our second worst CL performance behind Ajax away, only one player really came out with serious credit and that was Navas, possibly his best game for us, and for long periods our only threat.

A number of players weren't very good.

Hart 6
Zaba 5
Otamendi 5
Mangala 6
Sagna 6
Yaya 5
Fernandhino 7
KdB 5
Navas 8
Sterling 5
Bony 4

Fernando 7
Kolarov 6
Kompany not on long enough

Why were we so bloody ponderous, our passing so adrift, and no closing down at all. Then suddenly at 85 minutes we started to look like our normal self, and gave it a go ?

I thought the manager played the wrong tactics, with Sevilla able to get through the middle of our midfield and behind the defence far too often, luckily they didn't have the greatest final ball most of the time.

Great finish from KdB at the end, but we got lucky, as we could have been out of it before half time, well done Jesus Navas though.

That is our normal self. We give it a go in the last quarter or so. So frustrating.

I mean when we're losing/drawing mate. We just don't seem to have a real go until the last 10-15.
Its a product of this competition largely, where we never seem to have a go from the start, and yet in the PL, we get at quickly more often than not, its strange, and I struggle to understand why we are so different. That said I thought we were pretty good in Germany, and just didn't take our early chances (Juve the same).

Let's say there's such thing as a hoodoo/jinx/whatever - and this thing has an inate power. Well, we fought that power like true blues tonight. We may have rode our luck along the way but finally we came through. I think this could be our year.

Sorry, wrong forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.