City Vs Seville Champions League Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A manager with a pair would drop Yaya who hasn't performed in a CL game in ages.

The only way I would put yaya in is like what others have suggested in front of 2 ferns. But for me there has to be a place for navas. We missed him badly against juve and in gladbach until he came on and for me changed the game. Ridiculous as that sounds because he's frustrating at times. With yaya coming off at half time on Saturday he must be starting if he was just rested, but he did pull up before the end of the half.

The only way I would put yaya in is like what others have suggested in front of 2 ferns. But for me there has to be a place for navas. We missed him badly against juve and in gladbach until he came on and for me changed the game. Ridiculous as that sounds because he's frustrating at times. With yaya coming off at half time on Saturday he must be starting if he was just rested, but he did pull up before the end of the half.

I don't want to see Yaya in that position. Not with Silva, Sterling and De Bruyne available (plus Nacho and Aguero if we play 2 up top).

Yaya is a class act and people just expect too much from him. He needs to become wiser as he ages. Vieira has said that as he got older he knew he couldn't play a box to box role for 90minutes so he picked the right times to burst forward. Yaya is doing the same, he's choosing times to drive forward from midfield and the rest of the time he's controlling the game from deep, keeping possession and giving the ball to our forwards. We don't need him to make so many powerful runs forward with the attacking talent we have. We need him to be in position and control the game, which is what he's been doing this season.

He's got the experience and technique to win us key games in the CL by running the game. He's not done yet and we'll see a good performance tomorrow night I'm sure. We need to win the next two games to establish ourselves in the group and to put a dent in the rags title hopes by putting down a marker. Tomorrow night will be about controlling the game and picking Sevilla off - we'll need Yaya for that. Sunday will be about attacking with pace as we have done, I can't see the rags coping with that as they got nowhere near Arsenal who did the same.

I can see this being the line up against Sevilla -
Hart - Zab - Komps. - Mangler - Sagna - Navas - Fern1 - Yaya - Kev - Sterling - Bony.
in a 4 - 4 - 1 - 1. Navas and Kev providing the width and Sterling playing off Bony. That leaves Fern and Yaya in the middle.

I can see this being the line up against Sevilla -
Hart - Zab - Komps. - Mangler - Sagna - Navas - Fern1 - Yaya - Kev - Sterling - Bony.
in a 4 - 4 - 1 - 1. Navas and Kev providing the width and Sterling playing off Bony. That leaves Fern and Yaya in the middle.
That's the best 11 you can field at the moment. The Sterling-Bony combo can do wonders, and KDB feeding through balls in the run of Sterling or playing in Bony. Comfortbale 2-0 win I think. With Kompany we don't concede.

4-1-2-3 for me if yaya is fit as I don't think he is

............................................................................hart.............................................................

zabba.......................................vinny.................................mangala..............................sagna

.........................................................................nando..............................................................

.....................................................yaya.................................diniho.........................................

kdb.....................................................................bony............................................sterling.......

4-1-2-3 for me if yaya is fit as I don't think he is

............................................................................hart.............................................................

zabba.......................................vinny.................................mangala..............................sagna

.........................................................................nando..............................................................

.....................................................yaya.................................diniho.........................................

kdb.....................................................................bony............................................sterling.......

Right wing is not the best position for KDB, he has impressed more cutting inside from the left, and Sterling was on fire Saterday playing off Bony so let him continue in that role. Navas provides more defensive balance on the right wing and width compensating for KDB cutting inside from the left.

Right wing is not the best position for KDB, he has impressed more cutting inside from the left, and Sterling was on fire Saterday playing off Bony so let him continue in that role. Navas provides more defensive balance on the right wing and width compensating for KDB cutting inside from the left.

True but we are playing seville not Bournemouth!

True but we are playing seville not Bournemouth!

Wasn't one of the critics that we adapted our game to continental football rather than just play the same attacking high tempo game like in PL. An extra reason to just build on Saterday's tactics and performance. Sevilla is not a top European side this season. If you want to be in the best 8 of Europe you have to be able to destroy a team like Sevilla. Playing all 3 of the Fern brothers and Yaya is just too defensive and unbalanced. But hey, that just my opinion. I appreciate a good discussion on tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.