City Vs Seville Champions League Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pellers always goes for big players in big games. Yaya will play alongside Fern1, Fern2 will be on the bench. Komps back in for Otamendi will be the only change from the weekend.

I would do the same provided Yaya is fit. I’d have Navas and Sterling playing a less expansive game, I’d target a 2-0 win and stress that a comfortable clean sheet should be top priority. On that basis I’d have a close eye on Yaya, I’d haul him off if we have a lead and/or he is looking tired at half time.

I was being optimistic that Silva would make it for the game but he's not training this morning. Kolarov is however

Surprised Kolarov was involved today, although it was only a bit of light runniing in the open part of the training session. Would be good just to have him on the bench tomorrow, given our paucity of options at the moment.

Good to have Kolarov as an option. I wouldn't be starting him though but it would be good to have him as an option from the bench and get him fit for the derby. He's an excellent asset to have with Bony playing through the middle as he can pick out a target man better than most.

I wish we had Delph available to us on Wednesday, i think these are the games where we need to have a high energy midfield prepared to run and chase down every ball, we wont get that from Yaya and nor should we expect it as he is a different type of player. Hopefully Fernando will step up in the same way Bony and Sterling did at the weekend. I can't believe i am writing it but i believe we have to start with Navas, we only truely recognise his contribution when he is not there to make it.

Stuart Brennan is now saying Demichelis definitely trained this morning, so not sure what's going on. Thought I saw him on the Persicope coverage earlier.

Wasn't one of the critics that we adapted our game to continental football rather than just play the same attacking high tempo game like in PL. An extra reason to just build on Saterday's tactics and performance. Sevilla is not a top European side this season. If you want to be in the best 8 of Europe you have to be able to destroy a team like Sevilla. Playing all 3 of the Fern brothers and Yaya is just too defensive and unbalanced. But hey, that just my opinion. I appreciate a good discussion on tactics.

Me too pal if we leave yaya out and go 4-4-2 im all for that even tho the middle 2 will do a lot of chasing around due to not being the best of passers! But if we go with yaya and 1 other we will be destroyed! Bournemouth easily picked there way through the middle in the first half on Saturday and seville are in a different league to them! My prediction is that if he goes with diniho and yaya is we will need an early goal otherwise we will be soon caught on the counter and be playing catch up from then on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.