City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

3rdgenerationblue said:
big crowd.
decent performance considering all the games.
chaps looked tired.
deserved win without doubt.
ref was a twat.
not sure what kolorov was on.

move on.

Wow !

that almost reads like a Haiku !

The sooner we bring in/through an understudy to Silva the better.

Forget a striker, we need another Merlin.

blue ranger said:
Nasri and Silva changed the game - that was obvious. They keep the ball and it sparks Yaya into life. Milner made a difference up front too. Jovetic was very poor and particularly wasteful. Hope Dzeko and Aguero are back ASAP.

Surely Jovetic wasn't told to keep coming deep. I can't get my head around his performance today. On one hand at least he was looking for openings but on the other he seemed to be looking for the forward that was actually meant to be him! As a result he had no one to pass to.

When he went off (deservedly so) Milner played the strikers role much better. I can't understand why Jovetic couldn't do that and can only think that's why he got hooked.

tbh it's hard to maintain your best level non-stop so I'm just glad we scraped a win. Last year we didn't even manage that and ended up with a replay when they were meant to be in Abu Dhabi. Some cracks have appeared in our form in the last few games, might be the schedule catching up to them. Dzeko/Aguero/Kompany's returns seem well timed.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
blue ranger said:
Nasri and Silva changed the game - that was obvious. They keep the ball and it sparks Yaya into life. Milner made a difference up front too. Jovetic was very poor and particularly wasteful. Hope Dzeko and Aguero are back ASAP.

Surely Jovetic wasn't told to keep coming deep. I can't get my head around his performance today. On one hand at least he was looking for openings but on the other he seemed to be looking for the forward that was actually meant to be him! As a result he had no one to pass to.

When he went off (deservedly so) Milner played the strikers role much better. I can't understand why Jovetic couldn't do that and can only think that's why he got hooked.

I think it was positional indiscipline, I think Pellegrini got frustrated that jovetic kept coming deep and wasn't doing the role asked of him properly so he hooked him and put MIlner there instead, who did it better.

I think Jovetic might only be able to play as a free roaming no. 10 only, which puts him in sort of an awkward position with the quality we have there. His best chance to succeed is probably to get a run of games behind Kun.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
blue ranger said:

Couldnt believe how much he gave ball away .... he does have ability but clearly isn't a striker. His best position would be a number 10 but Yaya, nasri and silva all more productive in that position. Would love to see him come good, but can't see him getting the run of games he needs due to constant injuries and the nasri/silva factor. Nasri has been quality since getting fit.

oasis-city-greek-fan said:
Well without Silva and Nasri we were not a team.No connection no plan.The distance between the players was long.Everyone was trying to do his thing,his inspiration but nothing was going right.Too many wrong passes. They hardly manage to control the ball so to make a chance was looking as a mountain to climb.Eveyone was looking to be in his worst day.The most amazing is that the 2 goals- Milner until the playmakers come in was out of the game, he touched the ball only a few times.
After this i understand why Pellegrini used Silva against Newcastle for the CA cup

Was there a bigger attendance than the PL games ? Why is that ? Cheaper tickets ?

It was full, just like all the premier league games are. It seems like some of our fans are buying the man united myths.

The only premier league game we haven't sold out in four years was the end of season dead rubber after we'd lost the FA cup final. We have sold out every FA cup tie since we won it in 2011.

Good point about silva, though. He's your nearest thing to a 'guarantee' of a win. He will make a bad team good.

super_city_si said:
bobmcfc said:
img%5D

It's that time again....
not again! my wrist has only just recovered from last time :(

Glad to know its not just me with a repetative wrist sprain.

Suppose I better give my two pennies worth.

Proud to be a Wednesday fan tonight but couldn't believe how poor your lot were in the first half. Final balls from Kolarov and co' were all over the place. We took our goal very well, I actually didn't think it had gone in at first.

In the second half you showed your quality and we showed why we had a squad made up of, mostly, freebies.
I do think we deserved the draw in the end though. Gutted when Milner scored the questionable 2nd. But proud none the less.

I'm shocked to think that you thought the ref was being biased towards us? A few meaty tackles flew in from both sides, nothing out of the ordinary though....not at championship level anyway. Thought Yaya was lucky not to walk from slamming, I think Kieren Lee, to the ground. Ditto Claude Dielna on our side was lucky not to see red in the first half for a questionable looking tackle. As it is, both walked away with nothing.

Our fans and players did us proud today.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

UTO!

oasis-city-greek-fan said:
If mister Oliver misses fouls like the one onto Jovetic in the first half how is he supposed to give the penalties like the ones onto Aguero ?
,,,,,,,,, use these mate, there free, even with a Dutch accent, I couldn't make sense of that post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.