City vs Sheffield Wednesday Post Match

JoeMercer'sWay said:
so apart from the fact Milner was behind Navas playing the ball...
Silva touches the ball here, Milner is behind both Kirkland and the defender sliding (about to go off the pitch). Onside.

Untitled_zps2339b4be.png

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Silva touches it on but it's still onside for me, even if the sliding player has left the pitch Silva is level with or slightly ahead of Milner as he touches it.

Its amazing how much flack our players get on here during and after the match I personally think sagna is a good player he was at arsenal. He's had what 3 maybe 4 starts this year so how used to the team is he? Considering the back line was all new together we did alright Sheffield weds are a decent team and played much better this time around and it's unfair to discredit their performance by slating our players, we won didn't we?
Kolarov isn't fully fit yet and has blatantly missed game time so yeah he was unnerved, nearly every player is after time out. Seems to me a few fans seem to think we should be winning every game 5 nil at HT. We're joint top of the league we're in the last 16 of the CL and now through to the 4th round. It might not have been pretty but it's cause we're typical city.

WednesdayFan said:
Suppose I better give my two pennies worth.

Proud to be a Wednesday fan tonight but couldn't believe how poor your lot were in the first half. Final balls from Kolarov and co' were all over the place. We took our goal very well, I actually didn't think it had gone in at first.

In the second half you showed your quality and we showed why we had a squad made up of, mostly, freebies.
I do think we deserved the draw in the end though. Gutted when Milner scored the questionable 2nd. But proud none the less.

I'm shocked to think that you thought the ref was being biased towards us? A few meaty tackles flew in from both sides, nothing out of the ordinary though....not at championship level anyway. Thought Yaya was lucky not to walk from slamming, I think Kieren Lee, to the ground. Ditto Claude Dielna on our side was lucky not to see red in the first half for a questionable looking tackle. As it is, both walked away with nothing.

Our fans and players did us proud today.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

UTO!

Welcome on here. I've always been impressed with your support from the time you brought at least 10,000 in 83/84 and beat us 2-1 at Maine Road. I lived in Sheff for twenty odd years and would occasionally go and watch Waddle, Sheridan and Hirst when City were not playing. What a team that was - loved the League Cup Final win over you-know-who too! Great turn out today from a proper club with great fans. Nuhiu took his goal well fro May's pass but our defence made a catalogue of errors in the build up. Silva and Nasri changed the whole game and I'm relieved we don't have a replay.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I hope you're back in the top flight sooner rather than later.

Poor game, but we won and we know we can play so much better

Navas was our best attacking threat and I thought Fernando did very well defensively. We had a lot of players pressing forward but he snuffed most of their counter-attacks before they got off the ground, and also made a great tackle when I thought they were going to score in the 2nd half

City crowd was dead. Great turnout, but so quiet. Knew it would be with no South Stand.

aguero93:20 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Silva touches it on but it's still onside for me, even if the sliding player has left the pitch Silva is level with or slightly ahead of Milner as he touches it.

Did Silva touch the ball? I wasn't up in the 3rd tier today behind Navas to see that.
Its only offside if when Silva touches the ball the Sheff Wed player sliding out of play is fully out of play. He clearly isn't.
Therefore ONSIDE.

someone got too excited after the game ....

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6iMUkrCcAALcYP.jpg[/bigimg]

... lol ... my childish mind .....

If you go to...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30672837" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30672837</a>

There's three minutes of highlights

stonie said:
Henkeman said:
Feel for Wednesday there. They were magnificent and didn't deserve to lose at all. Still, through, that's all that matters.

magnificent my arse, load of cloggers aided by a shit ref...fuck em
Just got in, my thoughts exactly, Yaarkshire fookers

Marvin said:
Poor game, but we won and we know we can play so much better

Navas was our best attacking threat and I thought Fernando did very well defensively. We had a lot of players pressing forward but he snuffed most of their counter-attacks before they got off the ground, and also made a great tackle when I thought they were going to score in the 2nd half

City crowd was dead. Great turnout, but so quiet. Knew it would be with no South Stand.

In block 111 today, and I thought it was alright today, lost my voice but think it was because I was shouting at the wednesday fans for pushing an old man making him fall on the stairs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.